Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Joshua gets credit for beating the worst prepared HW champ all time.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
    Not Joshua‘a fault Ruiz didn’t train for the fight.!
    AJ couldnt exploit a guy thats much shorter and didnt train for the fight?

Any HW would destroy a shorter guy that didnt train. Why did AJ have to play it safe against a guy that didnt even train?

Comment

Not AJ's fault Ruiz didn't prepare. AJ came in and took care of business like a champ is supposed to do, meanwhile Ruiz just played himself and hopefully he has to work his way into another shot

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
        So the only way AJ could have one against a much shorter, fatter, hot garbage fighter was to run, jab and clinch? Most fighters just brutalize hot garbage fighters. They different dont run.
        you have no argument that Ruiz has the 2nd best chin. Theres just no claim to support that.
        Whatever man. I'm not a fan of either guy to be honest, or any fighter really. I just like to watch as much boxing as I can. But what did you want him to do go engage in Andy's range and get clipped again? I would have liked to see more right hands behind his jab but it got the job done regardless. Like I said you are entitled to your own thoughts and opinions that don't align with mine and we can agree to disagree or I will be proven wrong in time. I can admit when I'm wrong but this can't be proven wrong or right really so essentially it's just speculation. We will see when the top guys finally fight each other.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
          Whatever man. I'm not a fan of either guy to be honest, or any fighter really. I just like to watch as much boxing as I can. But what did you want him to do go engage in Andy's range and get clipped again? I would have liked to see more right hands behind his jab but it got the job done regardless. Like I said you are entitled to your own thoughts and opinions that don't align with mine and we can agree to disagree or I will be proven wrong in time. I can admit when I'm wrong but this can't be proven wrong or right really so essentially it's just speculation. We will see when the top guys finally fight each other.
          Youre missing the entire point. Not saying your a fan of anyone. Thought we were talking boxing. It's cool youre missing point of the TS question though

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
            Not Joshua‘a fault Ruiz didn’t train for the fight.!
            That's like saying " we should give cotto credit for beating Sergio martinez, because it's not cotto's fault martinez was a cripple"

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
              Youre missing the entire point. Not saying your a fan of anyone. Thought we were talking boxing. It's cool youre missing point of the TS question though
              We were and still are but you stopped rebutting so... I was still talking about boxing and not fandom stuff in the middle of the text. He beat Ruiz so why should he not get credit for it? Probably not as much credit as he's getting and definitely not this "masterclass" nonsense but if Ruiz was really unprepared that's his own fault. That's what I was initially getting at and I don't see how that is an unreasonable point.

Comment

Joshua fought the correct fight to make it easy and Ruiz in poor condition made that work even easier. Still Joshua had to execute and stay o task all night so have to give him credit he easily won a rematch when a lot of people questioned him.

The amount of credit you give him is up for debate though, and I would look at the two Ruiz fights as a whole and Joshua is behind where he started at in terms of public opinion so while he fought smart and righted his wrong he is not back to where he started. Still if he tried for more he could be in an even deeper hole, number one rule of getting out of a hole is stop digging and Joshua certainly made progress even if it was safe progress.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingOutlaw View Post
                  How did Joshua not knock this guy out. Ruiz should not get another shot. Winner of Wilder Fury fights Joshua. All this needs to happen by summer of 2020 .
                  - -U Deyonce house maid who dresses her every AM?

Comment

Plenty of worse prepared heavyweight champs in the past, and they even won.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy Current View Post
                      Wilder and Fury would both make easy work of Joshua.
                      Out of interest - how do you think fury would have fought Ruiz?

Fury isn’t known for knock outs. In fact this was a far more convincing win than fury had on either Wallin or Pianeta for example - both recent fights.

Don’t let bias views distract you, this was a very good performance - one many didn’t think Joshua was capable of performing. Only around 50% of ex-boxers or experienced pundits backed him to win, its very easy to say as a “after-timer” but many felt Ruiz had his number no matter what.

For me, this was a very clever fight - and a well deserved win. That he didn’t get a KO was only really a side point because that was never his main aim.

Comment

Working...
                      X