Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hrgovic: I Want To Box in UK - Give Me Chisora or Whyte!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
    I used to like this guy until I realized he's a dirty fighter.

Jefe Ajagba, do us a favor and destroy this scumbag.
    Do you mean dirty as in you suspect he's on PEDs?

Comment

Hope you're not talking about shots to the back of the head cause your man Wilder is the king of those.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Do you mean dirty as in you suspect he's on PEDs?
        Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
        Hope you're not talking about shots to the back of the head cause your man Wilder is the king of those.
        No, I don't have any reason to suspect PEDs. I mean his tendency of aiming his punches to the back of the opponent's head. In the Molina fight, you can see it more clearly in some of the replays from different angles.

He also repeatedly pushes Molina's head down with his left glove to set him up for the rabbit punches. He shoves him to the canvas. And at the very end of round 1 he has Molina hurt, basically defenseless, and he actually punches straight downwards into the back of his skull.

Wilder sometimes throws wide, looping punches that land on the temple or behind the ear, but that's a consequence of his long arms and awkward style. He doesn't deliberately aim for the back of the skull and neck like Hrgovic does.

But the referee is also at fault in the Molina fight. He should've given a warning or taken a point away.

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
          No, I don't have any reason to suspect PEDs. I mean his tendency of aiming his punches to the back of the opponent's head. In the Molina fight, you can see it more clearly in some of the replays from different angles.

He also repeatedly pushes Molina's head down with his left glove to set him up for the rabbit punches. He shoves him to the canvas. And at the very end of round 1 he has Molina hurt, basically defenseless, and he actually punches straight downwards into the back of his skull.

Wilder sometimes throws wide, looping punches that land on the temple or behind the ear, but that's a consequence of his long arms and awkward style. He doesn't deliberately aim for the back of the skull and neck like Hrgovic does.

But the referee is also at fault in the Molina fight. He should've given a warning or taken a point away.

Okay those are fair points I'll admit and I don't disagree with you after watching the fight (I just saw highlights cause I had no interest in this fight)

I mean I don't even really like Hrgovic but Molina didn't seem like he wanted to be there from the get go and was kind of being a big baby but he's entitled to try and get a fair shake too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
            Calm down babe, I'm European and we're not on "Do The Right Thing" here.

Hrgovic is as rigid as a concrete slab. You'll realize that when you grow up and have watched a fifth of the boxing I've forgotten about.

Who mentioned North Americans? I wrote "someone serious enough". It may even be another European stiff. Like your hero Wlad Klitschko, knocked out senseless by Corrie Sanders and Lamon Brewster when they were depicting him as a great fighter. Well before he built his "reign of boredom" on the likes of Alex Leapai and other assorted tomato cans.

FYI, one of my favorite HWs ever was Andrew Golota. Go figure.

Want another example of East European over-hype? Kubrat Pulev. Knocked out hard by Wlad Klitschko, that's all one needs to know.

Old timers?

Mate Parlov. Ever heard the name? Look for "Marvin Johnson" to understand.

Slobodan Kacar; ask Bobby Czyz.

Now excuse me, I have other things to do.
            Great post! I loved Golota as well and attended both of the Bowe fights and was ringside for the riot in the first one. As for Parlov? One of the great lightheavy's of the 70's. Matt Frankin (Matthew Saad Muhammad) was one of my all time favorite fighters. All heart! Some of these young dudes here claim to be boxing "experts". A joke, actually,lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Brettcappe View Post
              Great post! I loved Golota as well and attended both of the Bowe fights and was ringside for the riot in the first one. As for Parlov? One of the great lightheavy's of the 70's. Matt Frankin (Matthew Saad Muhammad) was one of my all time favorite fighters. All heart! Some of these young dudes here claim to be boxing "experts". A joke, actually,lol!
              Damn that's wild man. Did you personally witness Big George trying to convince people not to fight/riot?

Comment

Yes please stay over there. You aren't that good anyway. Chisora might beat you

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
                  Damn that's wild man. Did you personally witness Big George trying to convince people not to fight/riot?
                  My buddy said " this shyte is getting crazy, let's get the fu.k out of here" lol. That's when all the cops starting pouring in!

Comment

I think that Hrgovic, whilst very good, seems very rigid, and that could be a massive downfall for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Brettcappe View Post
                      Thanks man!

Just one thing, I actually do not rate Mate Parlov highly, in fact I had put him in the list of overrated East Europeans. He did manage to win a world title, but as soon as he met someone at real top level he failed. Then there was the Marvin Camel robbery...

Being at the Bowe-Golota riot must have been quite an experience! Too bad Golota had not the right frame of mind; technically speaking, he was the best of them all at that time. He was kicking Bowe's ass big time before losing his head.

Comment

Working...
                      X