Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Boxes Past Andy Ruiz To Reclaim World Titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed the fight, just saw some highlights but I heard it was boring and anticlimactic.

On a more serious note, who the hell is Andy Ruiz's dumbass adviser/manager? I can't believe they let him fight in that condition, all fat and gargantuous like, he looked like Butterbean out there. Talk about a lack of professionalism on Ruiz's part and his team.

Comment

• Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
      Missed the fight, just saw some highlights but I heard it was boring and anticlimactic.

On a more serious note, who the hell is Andy Ruiz's dumbass adviser/manager? I can't believe they let him fight in that condition, all fat and gargantuous like, he looked like Butterbean out there. Talk about a lack of professionalism on Ruiz's part and his team.
      You didn't miss much I'll tell you how it played out.

-AJ ran like a girl the whole fight
      -AJ would hit andy and andy wouldn't move
      -Andy would hit AJ and AJ would flying across the ring about to sht his pants
      -Worst ref I have seen in a while, wouldn't let andy fight inside
      -AJ was booed at his Post Fight interview by the same ppl that cheered him coming in

Comment

• Ruiz flat out embarrassed himself & it was quite obvious he was just showing up for the paycheck (14-15 million I believe after the increase from Hearn). A 12 week camp & he comes in at 283? He must have been well over 300 before he started training. I expected this to be a cash out fight once I saw the weigh-in. Joshua looked in shape but let's be real here. Joshua looks like damaged goods & a KO waiting to happen. He does not look like the big intimidating world beater he was prior to the first Ruiz fight. We all knew he would run & stay outside jabbing. He cut Ruiz in the first but never really took advantage of it. He looked timid & when there was exchanges he quickly grabbed Ruiz. Ruiz was a fat tub of goo (What Jim Lampley called Toney during the tale of the tape vs Rahman) & couldn't let his hands go. I think Joshua's aura is gone. I don't think Fury has any trouble with Joshua & I could actually see Joshua getting Breazealed by Wilder. One of the belts is going to be vacated it sounds like. WBO already ordered 180 days to fight Usyk. Pulev was supposed to be next I think. There is NO way Ruiz/Joshua 3 happens like AJ said...It was a terrible fight & Ruiz simply gave the belts back to Joshua. It was very disappointing...

Comment

• Originally posted by Nusky View Post
          Come on...you, me and everyone else already knows how this story will go. We've been watching the same sequel a couple yrs in a row now.

Can't blame you for holding out hope though.
          I'm not a fanboy of anybody at all in boxing, I leave the kids stuff to the kids. And I don't mean the smart kids, I mean the ones who dribble on the boxingscene forum.
          If you've been following what's happening you'll know the situations regarding the IBF and WBO.

Comment

• Solid win for AJ. First time ive been to a bar for a fight and seeing it was more packed with more girls then guys!

Ruiz was a complete disgrace,turning up the way he did. Complete disgrace. Could tell Canelo was embarrassed

Comment

• Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
              Was Tyson Fury fit in his last fight? When is he going to be fit? How long is it going to take him to get fit? His comeback is over now, he has been back for over 5 fights, OVER 5 training camps 'You cannot continually keep using that EXCUSE'

Tyson Fury looked fit to me, up against Wilder but has looked worse since that fight.

Don't talk to me about money, and how much a fighter makes. This is a boxing site, not forbes.com, your talk of money is completely irrelevant.
              Fury achieved all his goals when he was fit and beat Kiltschko and admitted himself after that fight he let himself slip due to being depressed after achieving all his dreams.Added to that he has bi polar which didnt help him.

Money is important though as it pays the bills and its the reason why Fury in between fights does meet and greet events throughout the UK and brought a book out and competed in the WWF.
              Last edited by Richard; 12-08-2019, 03:32 AM.

Comment

• I expected Joshua to win but was surprised Ruiz trained at the All you can eat buffet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricky12 View Post
                  Fury achieved all his goals when he was fit and beat Kiltschko and admitted himself after that fight he let himself slip due to being depressed after achieving all his dreams.Added to that he has bi polar which didnt help him.

Money is important though as it pays the bills and its the reason why Fury in between fights does meet and greet events throughout the UK and brought a book out and competed in the WWF.
                  You are making ready made excuses, because deep down you know that? Fury is not the best heavyweight in the game. He has been back now or YEARS, and still people claim he is not fit 'He has only had two fights at elite level, and fights the same way every single time' even though if he adjusted and applied different methods against Wilder, he may have won 'Even his uncle pointed his out'.

Tyson Fury is a one trick pony at elite level, and is massively overrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                    . I think Joshua's aura is gone. I don't think Fury has any trouble with Joshua & I could actually see Joshua getting Breazealed by Wilder. One of the belts is going to be vacated it sounds like. WBO already ordered 180 days to fight Usyk. Pulev was supposed to be next I think. There is NO way Ruiz/Joshua 3 happens like AJ said...It was a terrible fight & Ruiz simply gave the belts back to Joshua. It was very disappointing...
                    I dont really want to see Joshua fight Pulev next as I certainly wouldnt be buying that fight. Usyk looks a interesting fight for Joshua but I now want to see him tested against the likes of Fury/Wilder.

For me the only real fight Joshua has been in has been Klitschko and he came through with a lot of credit.

Comment

• Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                      You are making ready made excuses, because deep down you know that? Fury is not the best heavyweight in the game. He has been back now or YEARS, and still people claim he is not fit 'He has only had two fights at elite level, and fights the same way every single time' even though if he adjusted and applied different methods against Wilder, he may have won 'Even his uncle pointed his out'.

Tyson Fury is a one trick pony at elite level, and is massively overrated.
                      I wouldent say Iam making excuses as I admire Fury as a fighter and still feel technically he is the best heavyweight on the planet.However like anything noone is perfect and we can all improve for the better.I would like to see Fury look a bit more toned hence when I see Joshua/Wilder fight they look like fighters whereas Fury doesnt.

I think for all the fighters across the board to be really considered great you need to consistently test yourself against the best. It was a credit to both Wilder/Fury they got their act together and fought each other unlike Joshuas camp who kept making excuses when it came to negotiation for the Wilder fight.

It would be nice to go back to the golden age of boxing eg the 1970s and 1980s when the top fighters consistently fought each other and greatness was enshrined forever.Hence the times of Thomas Hearn,Sugar Ray Leonard ,Marvin Hagler and Roberto Duran.

Comment

Working...
                      X