Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ruiz: What I Weighed Doesn't Matter; Wanted To Be Little Heavier

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
    Ha, he's getting paid anyways. And if he loses, there is always the trilogy money down the line that he can hope for.
    Exactly this. He is guaranteed another 10m.

He is a multimillionaire at age 30.

Does anyone think he has the motivation to get into shape by restricted diet or for a millionaire to order dominos and takeaways several times per hour everyday.

Comment

That good life weight

Comment

Rooting for Andy but this is disappointing. After talking about only being 8 pounds lighter then being heavier then the last fight seems odd lol

Comment

First post ever here, though long time lurker.

I'm an AJ fan, though i'm not blinded like some - I see this fight as one hell of an intriguing battle.

If Ruiz is really 20+ stone, then regardless that's a lot of weight to carry around if he can't get Joshua out of there relatively quickly. Clearly that has to be his gameplan?

My concern(s) for Ruiz would be, that 1 - has he come into this being too overconfident? I mean he took AJ out with relative ease last time out, but we have all speculated that something wasn't right from AJ's perspective last time - imo the left in the 3rd was the punch that decided the fight, a punch that scrambled Joshua's senses for sure. I think maybe Ruiz sees this as more of an easier fight than it actually is and sees him taking out AJ early.

2. Being bigger in Ruiz's case isn't going to make him a bigger ****er - Speed makes power and imo, regardless of the public workout showing on the pads - 20+ stone isn't going to make you faster - the laws of physics can't be broken and it isn't like Ruiz has the biggest KO % around. My gut feeling is that Ruiz has possibly taken away the one thing that won him the fight last time out and that is his hand speed - if he gets deep into rounds then I don't see anything but an AJ win.

However, if AJ goes toe to toe, then the same thing will happen again and Ruiz will finish it just like the last.

How much the weight plays a part is either going to be detrimental to Ruiz's tactics or will win him the fight. If AJ is snappier and agile and has found some extra stamina at this lower weight, then he has a chance to box from the outside and keep Ruiz at bay. Right now I can only call this 50/50, but there are question marks over Ruiz's conditioning for a long fight that is for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by StrangerInTown View Post
            One or both of these guys are not mentally prepared for what will happen in 24 hours. Joshua appears fragile and Ruiz is a tank.
            Andy is heavily dedicated to the two things he does best. Forward gear and fast hands will eventually determine the outcome. The fat guy is preparing to demolish, not elevate the sweet science.
            Dude I watched Ruiz online living it up..I said to myself, that fine, he deserves it and he'll get to training camp and put the work in.

Weight discipline is apart of boxing, it shows that you are being professional but most of all, you are taking each and every fight seriously.

Ruiz is not a tank, he's fat..if anything Joshua has taken this seriously, coming in 10 lb lighter for speed and better stamina. With the fighting style that Ruiz employs AND the fact everyone knows that Joshua will HIT and RUN, Ruiz will tired by round 7 and then that's when Joshua will stand his ground and unload on him.

Comment

Ruiz might be too heavy to stand himself up independently if he gets knocked down

Comment

Originally posted by teejay1973 View Post
                First post ever here, though long time lurker.

I'm an AJ fan, though i'm not blinded like some - I see this fight as one hell of an intriguing battle.

If Ruiz is really 20+ stone, then regardless that's a lot of weight to carry around if he can't get Joshua out of there relatively quickly. Clearly that has to be his gameplan?

My concern(s) for Ruiz would be, that 1 - has he come into this being too overconfident? I mean he took AJ out with relative ease last time out, but we have all speculated that something wasn't right from AJ's perspective last time - imo the left in the 3rd was the punch that decided the fight, a punch that scrambled Joshua's senses for sure. I think maybe Ruiz sees this as more of an easier fight than it actually is and sees him taking out AJ early.

2. Being bigger in Ruiz's case isn't going to make him a bigger ****er - Speed makes power and imo, regardless of the public workout showing on the pads - 20+ stone isn't going to make you faster - the laws of physics can't be broken and it isn't like Ruiz has the biggest KO % around. My gut feeling is that Ruiz has possibly taken away the one thing that won him the fight last time out and that is his hand speed - if he gets deep into rounds then I don't see anything but an AJ win.

However, if AJ goes toe to toe, then the same thing will happen again and Ruiz will finish it just like the last.

How much the weight plays a part is either going to be detrimental to Ruiz's tactics or will win him the fight. If AJ is snappier and agile and has found some extra stamina at this lower weight, then he has a chance to box from the outside and keep Ruiz at bay. Right now I can only call this 50/50, but there are question marks over Ruiz's conditioning for a long fight that is for sure.
                Good first post. I really believe Ruiz thinks he can ice him. I have trouble seeing Joshua as this running machine mover but Joshua can definitely fight smarter.

The weight seems like such a gamble for Ruiz for sure!

Comment

Sorry, Andy, but you can’t eat and drink 15 lbs. of food and water in one morning. I’m not buying that argument. Good luck in your fight.

Comment

Doesn’t really make too much sense.

But he’s a fat man.

He’s still fat.

Comment

Lol, damn Andy, you couldn't wait to eat until after the weigh-in? Lol

Comment

Working...
                      X