Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ruiz: What I Weighed Doesn't Matter; Wanted To Be Little Heavier

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He said he ate before the weigh in and drank a lot of water otherwise he would have weighed the same as last time? WTF did he eat to gain 15 pounds in a few hours?! Geez, it doesn't matter now, let's see how the fight plays out tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrij View Post
      Ruiz has that extra confidence because he knows that he can hurt, drop and stop Joshua. And Joshua will be even easier to hurt this time with that weight loss.
      If he relying on that again without a plan B including getting his fat a$$ in shape...he'll loss the rematch. He hurt Joshua with a temple shot (AFTER Joshua got overzealous thinking he had Ruiz hurt) and AJ never covered, still the ref waved off the fight.

It's not like Ruiz punched him in the chin and knocked him out cold. Joshua has a good chin, Joshua will HIT & RUN on Ruiz and once Ruiz gasses, Joshua will unload his arsenal on a tired overweight man.

Comment

Seems like he thinks he can take Joshua's shots and cut off the ring and bomb him out.

With this weight, he apparently thinks he can do it early.

Joshua isn't exactly a great mover, but he does have the height and reach advantage so Ruiz must think he can just wade through it to get his shots in and finish it early.

Comment

Originally posted by Timur78 View Post
          Too much has been said about the boxers' WEIGHT in the rematch, not enough about tactics and respective boxing styles.

I don't think weight is a deciding factor in this fight, but tactics.
          Ruiz won't be able to sustain his tactics IF HE'S TIRED and he'll get tired weighting 283 lbs especially with his fighting style which consist of fast hands, pressure and combination throwing.

Plus Joshua will RUN until Ruiz tires and once that happens...timberrrrr!!

Comment

Originally posted by Timur78 View Post
            Don't be surprized to get a Fixed result of Joshua winning,
            and managers/promoters going for the Trilogy.
            No need for a FIXED result, Ruiz lost this fight on the scales.

Comment

Enjoying his millionaires life,

He DGAF about the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
                Ruiz won't be able to sustain his tactics IF HE'S TIRED and he'll get tired weighting 283 lbs especially with his fighting style which consist of fast hands, pressure and combination throwing.

Plus Joshua will RUN until Ruiz tires and once that happens...timberrrrr!!
                All his talk about not being hurt by Joshua's shots makes me think he is just going in there for the ko and isn't even considering it going late.

Might be a tragic mistake, but it kinda worked before.

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
                  Enjoying his millionaires life,

He DGAF about the fight.
                  Ha, he's getting paid anyways. And if he loses, there is always the trilogy money down the line that he can hope for.

Comment

Originally posted by sapo13 View Post
                    I'm actually Glad he chose to stay heavy, if he would have lost weight it would take water and fat from the brain, and i would have been worried he would not have been able to take a punch the same way, when you dehydrate and diet it takes away the water and fat cells from the brain making it easier to concuss. so im glad he kept the weight.

Ruiz dont have to change his gameplan because he won, joshua has to change his!!

Good luck to both fighters, both are great!!
                    LOL...dude you can't be serious, you are trying to spin this.

Ruiz is FAT and the last I checked unless he's a mutant, Ruiz is a human being with cardio and weighting 283 lbs thinking you can go 36 minutes throwing fast combinations and pressuring a fighter hitting and running from you won't affect your cardio is nonsense.

Ruiz is going to get tired and once the running Joshua realizes this, he'll stand his ground and tee off on him.
                    Last edited by Queen_Leia; 12-06-2019, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
                      I don't get people saying this is bad for Ruiz. Guy has been training much harder than for first fight. Probably has more muscle bulk and less fat
                      He's fat, that not muscle...he didn't even take his shirt off. Being 283 lbs will be his downfall, he's done.

Comment

Working...
                      X