No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua Much Lighter, Ruiz Much Heavier For Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by springfiels View Post
    I am genuinely blown away by Ruiz weight today, I can't get my head round it.

There is no way though you can say you genuinely think Rubles and the team watched the first fight back and decided what Andy Ruiz needed was more weight and bulk!!?? I agreed with the not slimming down comments along the lines of "if it ain't broke don't fix it"... But there is no strategy they can seriously feel is their route to victory that would require a strategic 15lbs weight gain in 5 months. That requires an unbelievable calorie surplus. If he is training hard daily, that means he would've been eating maybe 8,000-10,000 calories A DAY to put on that much weight from the weight he started at. That in itself isn't healthy.

I've thought about this non stop since the weigh in, and the only logical explanation is a bad diet and worse training... Wow, don't know what to think
    Agree...Maybe someone should him the Buffets in Vegas that Buster Douglas loved...

Living large...The Silk Pajama deal...We'll get a good look at him Manana...

I think he's too much of a Pro to get into those Traps...

Comment

• Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
      Yeah, shades of Buster Douglas was my first thought as well. It really seems that he took training way too lightly. No reason for him to gain that much weight.
      He’s already one of those guys who seemingly struggles to keep his weight down so after such a high profile win which changed his life overnight I can kinda understand tbh.

Comment

• Well there goes all the reports of Andy "losing weight" and "slimming down" for the rematch lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Superbee View Post
          Ruiz baited Joshua in a trap... AJ fell in it... Too bad...
          What bait is that exactly?

Comment

• 1. They weighed in full clothes. Ruiz is probably at least 5lbs lighter then the weigh in.
            2. This fight ain’t going anywhere near 12 rounds.
            3. The biggest concern is probably can a light Joshua deal with an as big or slightly bigger Ruiz? It’s pretty clear the Joshua felt his biggest problem was endurance. Ruiz is going to be the same and just throw bombs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
              Hitting the pads is not the same as being in the boxing ring with a opponent making you work...his stamina will be tested, at 283 lbs, it going to let him down.

After all, Andy Ruiz is only human.
              Not sure Andy is worried about the need for Stanama...

I think he thinks he has A.J. number for early KO...

Comment

• Originally posted by DeanoFlash View Post
                If Ruiz controlled the center of the ring last fight, imagine what he does tomorrow.

Ruiz has proven the ability to throw bombs round after round. Joshua has not. 237 is great for Joshua, but we have to see how this actually plays out in the ring.....is he drained? Will his power carry? Will his cardio actually improve??

Let's not write anyone of just yet. Fascinating matchup....what a way to close the year for boxing!
                He's not drained... He's 2 hundred and thirty seven pounds... lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ace R. View Post
                  Well there goes all the reports of Andy "losing weight" and "slimming down" for the rematch lol
                  Ruiz is a Smart experience Pro

and could be doing His Slippery In, Slippery Out...Con Job...

Comment

• Originally posted by DeanoFlash View Post
                    If Ruiz controlled the center of the ring last fight, imagine what he does tomorrow.

Ruiz has proven the ability to throw bombs round after round. Joshua has not. 237 is great for Joshua, but we have to see how this actually plays out in the ring.....is he drained? Will his power carry? Will his cardio actually improve??

Let's not write anyone of just yet. Fascinating matchup....what a way to close the year for boxing!

Well said!! From what i've seen over the years, 236 seems to be the sweet spot. Most guys tend to slow down or lack stamina when they hit 240+. That being said, Joshua reminds me of Alister Overeem huge with crazy power and no stamina, lost the extra bulk gained stamina but still no chin. Ruiz @ 280+ is shocking, but the guys has incredible stamina and can still do tons off damage till the later rounds (9 an up).

This one is a toss up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
                      Sound like excuses....neither one of them had 15 pounds worth of cloths on. Ruiz is making money now and is leaving the life and did not take this weight loss seriously, Joshua did.

I'm leaning more toward Joshua now more than ever.
                      As a true Mexicano...

Ruiz is coming to fight and Kick-Ass...

He has confidence in His Power, Endurance and Whiskers...

Maybe in the best condition of his career...

He coming to reprise his June performance...

Early K.O... Good Value to Bet...

Comment

Working...
                      X