Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has grandfather time caught up with Luis Ortiz? Is he still the super-avoided beast?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has grandfather time caught up with Luis Ortiz? Is he still the super-avoided beast?

I dunno, mates. He looked quite comfy lying on the deck, and Wilder has given him two healthy paydays now. Time to ride off into the sunset for Ortiz now?

I can't say for sure, but I can say that Wilder's right hand caught up to him.

Comment

Caught up with him?

He’s never been much good. One decent win over Jennings years ago, and Jennings isn’t some world beater.

Ortiz’s resume is garbage and has been stopped against the only really good fighter he faced, twice.

The fact he was considered a top heavyweight is ridiculous. He was a myth, Maybe because he was Cuban or something? - attach his resume to your average American heavyweight and everyone would be saying it’s a C level fighter.

But aside from that, he looked terrible in the fights leading up to the Wilder fight anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
        Caught up with him?

He’s never been much good. One decent win over Jennings years ago, and Jennings isn’t some world beater.

Ortiz’s resume is garbage and has been stopped against the only really good fighter he faced, twice.

The fact he was considered a top heavyweight is ridiculous. He was a myth, Maybe because he was Cuban or something? - attach his resume to your average American heavyweight and everyone would be saying it’s a C level fighter.

But aside from that, he looked terrible in the fights leading up to the Wilder fight anyway.
        You have a very unpopular opinion my friend. Wilder says that Ortiz is very good as well as most top fighters. Maybe now that his profile is lifted to star status more fighters would be willing to take the new risk-reward equation and fight him

Comment

I think he received boxing’s equivalent of the gold watch last night. Happy trails senor Ortiz.

Comment

That pic almost looks like he's wearing socks and shower shoes

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
              Caught up with him?

Very good post although Ortiz is a little better than a C level fighter.

Definitely agree about him having been overrated his entire career. I never saw the appeal when everybody else was jumping on his wagon. He struck me as a lazy fighter with stamina issues. Reasons why he got extra attention was for his potential and the fact that he is cuban.

Comment

He was up 4-2 and 5-1 in the cards, there's a reason why no one other than Wilder and AJ in a short notice gave him a chance. I think its time for him to retire, we'd never know how good or bad he was, in my opinion other than Wilder crazy power, only carzy Fury beats him, I'd take him against any other heavyweight, including AJ, today.

Comment

Originally posted by otrocubiche View Post
                  He was up 4-2 and 5-1 in the cards, there's a reason why no one other than Wilder and AJ in a short notice gave him a chance. I think its time for him to retire, we'd never know how good or bad he was, in my opinion other than Wilder crazy power, only carzy Fury beats him, I'd take him against any other heavyweight, including AJ, today.
                  Right because winning rounds against Deontay Wilder is such a challenge.

Comment

Wilder’s fist caught up with Ortiz’s face.

Comment

Working...
                    X