Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has grandfather time caught up with Luis Ortiz? Is he still the super-avoided beast?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ortiz was going to slow down just like the first fight its just in his make up. Wilder has good stamina, carries alot of power even late into the fight, and Wilder isn't worried about being down on the cards.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
      Caught up with him?

He’s never been much good. One decent win over Jennings years ago, and Jennings isn’t some world beater.
      Jennings was legit top 5 when Ortiz fought him, he had a win over top 10 Perez & performed very well against Wlad. Ortiz blasted the man out with utter ease.

Everybody disrespects Jennings and in return it ****ed up all the rankings, now people are wondering why guys like Ruiz can KO AJ, well it all makes sense when you rank Jennings properly.

Comment

Dude is 40. He was retiring after wilder even if he won. Maybe he takes 1 more fight against someone who is 17-9, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
          Jennings was legit top 5 when Ortiz fought him, he had a win over top 10 Perez & performed very well against Wlad. Ortiz blasted the man out with utter ease.

Everybody disrespects Jennings and in return it ****ed up all the rankings, now people are wondering why guys like Ruiz can KO AJ, well it all makes sense when you rank Jennings properly.
          Well i’m not knockings Jennings, but nobody can say he’s been one of the real top heavyweights. Was he really ranked as a legit top 5? I’m not sure.

Plus, it was a good win for Ortiz but it was a long time ago.

My point was if you look at his resume, it’s hard to justify why he’s considered a top heavyweight. Would other fighters be rated so highly with that resume? - Especially if they stepped up twice and got stopped twice too.

Comment

Working...
          X