Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purses: Wilder $20 mil guarantee. Ortiz $7 mil guarantee

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so he made 20 mill for breazale and 20 mill for ortiz. he needs 60 mill in his next fight to make up what he turned down. good luck

Comment

That's why HBO packed their bags and left boxing.

Game of Thrones' last season cost $15 million each episode. 13.5 million viewers per episode.

Big fights in boxing rarely reach 2 million viewers on free tv.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
        The first fight I saw live was back in 1969-1970, was a tournament back in Cuba. Being living here (USA) over 42 years. I had being in Vegas, Puerto Rico and Miami for big fights. Watched almost every big fight on tv, by myself or with friends. Never care how much they make. I want them to get pay as much as they can. Ultimately, I want to see the best fight the best. I see so many of my countrymens get ostracized because they don't "sell". That is BS. They don't get the fights because they are really good. And when they do, they get robbed. Most of the fans agreed "high risk low reward".
        Dude this sport is filled to the brim with people who only liked the sport because of Mayweather and pacquiaos years of drama. The sport that was the sport of kings has turned into the sport of princesses because it’s all about gossip, rumors, popularity and money. I can bet every dollar I have in this world that less than 5% of the people here have been to an amateur level fight, the gloves, anything regional, a d rate boxing promotion. Hell half the people here aren’t even interested in the actual fights themselves just the conversation around the fight. It’s pretty crazy fight fans prior to 2009 and fight fans since. It’s like boxing and tmz merged with a sprinkle of racist 4 Chan thrown into the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
          So someone is paying Wilder $20M and Ortiz $7M.

Who?

Here's the usual system... a matchup generates interest amongst sports fans, interest generates sales, sales generate money, money gets the fighters in the ring.

This version is someone pays them a fortune. What do they get in exchange for their money?
          Site fees, fight replay, live gate, and all the other things they sell at the event. Actually I read that Ortiz purse is $10M or could go all the way there. How much is it? I don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
            Site fees, fight replay, live gate, and all the other things they sell at the event. Actually I read that Ortiz purse is $10M or could go all the way there. How much is it? I don't care.
            You should care. You don't pay $7m (or $10m) to Ortiz unless you expect a return. The things you list won't provide that return.

So what are they buying from Ortiz? What's he prepared to sell?

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
              Dude this sport is filled to the brim with people who only liked the sport because of Mayweather and pacquiaos years of drama. The sport that was the sport of kings has turned into the sport of princesses because it’s all about gossip, rumors, popularity and money. I can bet every dollar I have in this world that less than 5% of the people here have been to an amateur level fight, the gloves, anything regional, a d rate boxing promotion. Hell half the people here aren’t even interested in the actual fights themselves just the conversation around the fight. It’s pretty crazy fight fans prior to 2009 and fight fans since. It’s like boxing and tmz merged with a sprinkle of racist 4 Chan thrown into the mix.
              I know, I have seen the change. We used to walk for a couple of hours just to see the Playa Giron at the Coliseum in Habana. I saw Stevenson, Carbonell, Garbey, Correa. The first world Cup was in Havana, Gomez put on a show, Clinton Jackson had a war with Correa and Milian with Stevenson. No headgear 3 minutes round and five judges scoring the fight.

Comment

Beyonce Wildher finally made it, big star! War Beyonce!

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
                  You should care. You don't pay $7m (or $10m) to Ortiz unless you expect a return. The things you list won't provide that return.

So what are they buying from Ortiz? What's he prepared to sell?
                  why should I care what someone else is getting pay? I care what I make and what I spend. If I don't like what they are showing I just flip to another channel. If it is a ppv, most of the time a bunch of friends get together and the party is on. If the fight doesn't live to expectations, a least some friends had a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    This is almost $29 mil in purses. There is NO MUTHAFCKN way IMO this fight sells enough to cover the purse guarantees.
                    Fox believes the fight will do 400,00 buys, which is $30 million. PPV providers take 30% on PBC PPVs, but you still have live gate, international rights, etc.

As a general rule, whatever the PPV gross is, is pretty close to the total pot as the gate, international rights, etc often offset the cut going to the PPV providers, especially in this new age where PBC has gotten the providers to take less.

Now, it's a legitimate position to say Fox is crazy for thinking they'll break 400k buys and if they're wrong, Fox will lose money. That's why Showtime didn't match Fox's offer. Showtime didn't want to be on the hook if the fight failed to reach 400k buys, but Fox was willing to take the risk.

Comment

people must remember that wilder is not just getting money from the ppv....there are tons of revenue streams...he might get a cut of the live gate...he might be getting a cut of every concession sold and sponsorship money...he might even be getting a cut of the parking money.......people must have forgot about the floyd "model"...id imagine wilder is getting something similar on an obviously smaller scale....id imagine the top pbc guys are all getting a similar deal....they arent making floyd money but its likely a similar model

Comment

Working...
                      X