No announcement yet.

FOX is promoting the hell out of the Wilder vs Ortiz 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOX is promoting the hell out of the Wilder vs Ortiz 2

Everywhere I look on FOX - I see Wilder vs Ortiz. They're rinsing millions of dollars in ad spaces on the fight.

If this fight doesn't break box office record with all the primetime marketing - it means Wilder can never be a draw because this has to be the most promoted fight in recent years. The ad for the fight is everywhere.

Well Showtime singed their fingers on Wilder last time out so didnt want to lose money again. This time Fox is fronting it and if its true what they say what Wilder and Ortiz are getting paid i reckon 350k is the least they gonna need to sell to break even. And i cant see that happening.

Comment

You'd think they'd learn from Showtimes mistake, they gambled on Wilder and lost a ton of cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        You'd think they'd learn from Showtimes mistake, they gambled on Wilder and lost a ton of cash.
        When did they lose cash? On the Fury fight?

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          When did they lose cash? On the Fury fight?
          They paid him 10 mil for the Breazeale fight.

Comment

they NEED to! PBC forced themselves and fox to go ALL IN on Wilder after basically conning him into not signing the 3 or possibly 4 fight deal DAZN offered. Not sure this ppv is going to do huge numbers but theres a sucker born every day and a fanboy coming out the closet every second. I say itll sell 200-300k, which is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post
              they NEED to! PBC forced themselves and fox to go ALL IN on Wilder after basically conning him into not signing the 3 or possibly 4 fight deal DAZN offered. Not sure this ppv is going to do huge numbers but theres a sucker born every day and a fanboy coming out the closet every second. I say itll sell 200-300k, which is ok.
              I'd be shocked if it sells more than 200k PPV buys. Tickets for the fight aren't selling and that's a good premise to judge how well a fight would do at the box office. Especially when it's $80 a pop.

If people can't spend half of that to go watch it in person, what makes you think they'll pay it for PPV? Most would probably go watch it in theatres.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                They paid him 10 mil for the Breazeale fight.
                Correct, that was not a PPV fight. How did they lose money on that fight? Or better yet, how were they going to make money? That money came out of their boxing budget. And with their increased budget and lower quality shows they have put on, not like it hamstrung them or anything. You aren't paying big money for Lubin vs Gallimore types of cards.

Now, they would lose money on this fight if it is true that Ortiz is getting 10M and then Wilder will presumably get what, 15-20M himself? Well yeah, that is a fight on PPV that you aren't going to make money on. Though, I'm guessing Haymon will have to pay his own fair share of money for their purses and the network isn't responsible for all of it.

Comment

It's a FOX platform. lol. Marketing is Unlimited unless they chose to open slots for other bidders to put commercials on their platform...

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                    Correct, that was not a PPV fight. How did they lose money on that fight? Or better yet, how were they going to make money? That money came out of their boxing budget. And with their increased budget and lower quality shows they have put on, not like it hamstrung them or anything. You aren't paying big money for Lubin vs Gallimore types of cards.

Now, they would lose money on this fight if it is true that Ortiz is getting 10M and then Wilder will presumably get what, 15-20M himself? Well yeah, that is a fight on PPV that you aren't going to make money on. Though, I'm guessing Haymon will have to pay his own fair share of money for their purses and the network isn't responsible for all of it.
                    They paid him 10 mil for the Breazeale fight. They lost money because it was a fight not worth that. They were hoping a Joshua-Wilder fight would happen so took the hit. But then Ruiz happened.

Comment

Working...
                    X