No announcement yet.

Serious Question. Who has the better Resume DSG or GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
    Yeah a 7-5 7-5 6-6 win on the cards, in Vegas, for Canelo is really a clear victory...I mean how does anyone take anything you say seriously.

Yeah a good win for Canelo over Kovalev...who looked like a shell of himself in that fight...but still a nice KO finish...good 'cherry pick' there I suppose.

Yeah GGG had a tough fight with SD...why bring that up, like I'm offended by it lol...SD did considerably better vs GGG than Canelo or anyone else has (save maybe Ouma) and GGG outworked Canelo twice...so you do the math on how SD would likely do vs Canelo...SD was in that fight vs GGG due to his activity, so again you do the math there on how that would translate vs Canelo.

But apparently Canelo didn't want that high risk low reward fight so he looked elsewhere...take your hero worship somewhere else man, this is a boxing forum for adults...anyone as biased (and racist) as you should be allowed to post I suppose, but your opinion on boxing analysis is basically null and void to everyone...hence the red K you have.

I've actually given you green K before too, when you make a somewhat decent post...trying to give you some encouragement...but looks like everyone else, even more so than me, knows what kind of poster you are too...you're just a racist, biased, sh.it eating (your words) cornball...keep acting tough and cool on an online forum man, you're the coolest bro.

tell us again how Lemieux is the same level fighter as Canelo

but this time, make a thread....

oh yea, while you are at it... you can also tell us again how Sullivan Barrera is the same level fighter as Andre Ward

that will really be fun, won't it... and will add some EXCELLENT context for the posters who are scratching their heads trying to figure out if you are Lemieux's mom :lol:

whenever I read a comment that was clearly made by a fkn idiot... it always seems to be you

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
      See that's kind of my point...it's almost like people don't even follow some divisions here...Murray just came off a 'win' vs Sergio in Argentina before that GGG fight...and Sergio wasn't completely shot by that point.

Lemeiux was on a 9 fight win streak - and had a belt - including 7 KOs and 2 wins over Ndam and Rosado...I mean how people can hate on those wins for GGG...just makes 0 sense really.

To put those guys in the same league as Campbell and Holt...I mean wut...I would struggle to put those 2 guys as quality wins at all for Danny...they would be like GGG beating Wade...which is about his 20th best win...and those guys are like the 12th best win probably for DSG.

So yeah the outrage you appear to have at someone listing Murray and Lemieux as good wins...and you wanting to put literal 'whos' in there for Danny...I mean wut.
      Murray lost a close fight to Martinez (because Murray loses close fights at B level), just after Martinez was almost undone by a late surge by Chavez Jr, a year before Martinez could barely stand for his fight against Cotto.

And let's not go into Lemieux's resume, lol; the Rosado fight may have been a decent performance, even if it's not clear that the stoppage was again a situation where his skin failed him, but the rest of the fights had **** opponents, and even in the n'dam fight, with everything stacked against him (promoter abandons him on the short deal, purse gets cut to a tenth on purse bid, ring goes from a 20x20 to a 15x15 right before the fight), n'dam still boxed his way to 7-5, 7-5, 6-6, with three Canadian judges in Quebec.

The truth shall set you free.

So yeah, calling Lemieux and Murray basically akin to two faded/fading former world champions is about right if we're being honest about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        Murray lost a close fight to Martinez (because Murray loses close fights at B level), just after Martinez was almost undone by a late surge by Chavez Jr, a year before Martinez could barely stand for his fight against Cotto.

And let's not go into Lemieux's resume, lol; the Rosado fight may have been a decent performance, even if it's not clear that the stoppage was again a situation where his skin failed him, but the rest of the fights had **** opponents, and even in the n'dam fight, with everything stacked against him (promoter abandons him on the short deal, purse gets cut to a tenth on purse bid, ring goes from a 20x20 to a 15x15 right before the fight), n'dam still boxed his way to 7-5, 7-5, 6-6, with three Canadian judges in Quebec.

The truth shall set you free.

So yeah, calling Lemieux and Murray basically akin to two faded/fading former world champions is about right if we're being honest about it.
        Dude Lemieux dropped Ndam 4 times lol...I mean idk if you watched that fight or not, or if you were just picking your side of this argument going in...but why would you mention the rd by rd scores of the judges and not the actual scores there...115-109 twice...and 114-110...most people give Ndam 3 of the last 4 rounds too...so the fight was way over by then anyway...that one wasn't close at all.

I would add that Martinez probably won every round vs Chavez before the 12th...I think he just decided to drop his gloves and put on a little show...and I'm not really hyping up the 11-1 score to big up Martinez...Chavez never lets his hands go so he always loses rounds anyway...he would always have lost 12-0 to Sergio, at whatever point in their careers it happened.

Maybe when Sergio was completely shot Chavez would have won a few rounds or something...but yeah I think Sergio was just trying to put on a little show...to be fair, I don't think Chavez would have been even able to do that/win 1 round vs Maravilla if Sergio was 100%...so I am not arguing that Sergio was 100% prime there...I think he broke his left hand early in that fight too.

Just saying that the version Murray fought was a decent version...and most who watched feel he should have won..especially not getting credited for the 2 KDs he should have had...yes Martinez was shot vs Cotto...and not 100% vs Murray...but notice the knee sleeves vs Cotto and them not being there vs Murray...I think he was pretty clearly way worse off when he faced Cotto...Martinez knew he was done and Cotto just paid him for the scalp...truth be told we've seen that before and will see that again.

I would say the Lemieux and Murray that GGG faced were like 7.5-8s out of 10...a faded Cotto at 155 was probably about a 7 imo...Martinez vs Murray was probably about a 7.5...Martinez over a year later vs Cotto...maybe a 6?...hard to say really....Mosley at that time of the Canelo fight was maybe a 7.

So yeah I don't think we are too far off...just depends on how you place those numbers exactly...I know for me I give more credit to any guy facing a prime, on a roll fighter at their natural weight than I do for a past prime guy fighting at not his best weight...I do that for anyone not just GGG.
        Last edited by Boxing_1013; 11-18-2019, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Add the ghost to the swift resume...and don't forget Lemieux got koed by bum Rubio when Lemieux was "on fire"...

Comment

Originally posted by dukesville View Post
            Add the ghost to the swift resume...and don't forget Lemieux got koed by bum Rubio when Lemieux was "on fire"...
            Lol nah Lemieux was KOed by Rubio before he went on that 9 fight win streak...that was still when he was 22

Guerrero is a decent win for Danny...but Guerrero was never a WW and did all his best work before then at lower weights

Comment

Well, DSG has old El Terrible twice and Nate campbell and Amir Khan and Matthysse and Herrera. He lost against Thurman and Porter but he held his own for sure. So yeah. He probably does have the better resume but it's reasonably close. GGG doesn't have the greatest names but Lemiuex and Jacobs are good wins. And Dervy too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
                Well, DSG has old El Terrible twice and Nate campbell and Amir Khan and Matthysse and Herrera. He lost against Thurman and Porter but he held his own for sure. So yeah. He probably does have the better resume but it's reasonably close. GGG doesn't have the greatest names but Lemiuex and Jacobs are good wins. And Dervy too.
                Right but if DSG gets credit for Porter and Thurman...GGG should get much more than that really for Canelo twice...and yeah I don't really see the overrating there of the Morales wins...and then Nate Campbell and Herrera as well

Comment

Garcia knocked out amir khan and has wins over zab judah, matthyse, lamont peterson and paulie malignaggi.

Golovkin hasn't done shlt.

Comment

Originally posted by ikigai View Post
                    Garcia knocked out amir khan and has wins over zab judah, matthyse, lamont peterson and paulie malignaggi.

Golovkin hasn't done shlt.
                    Lol...so now we are hyping up Khan (who was good at LWW but always had that chin - good hook though, that was always destined for Danny in that fight, he has a great hook)...and decisions over Lamont and Paulie...and a faded Zab...and a good Matthysse...if you hype up those wins for Danny, gotta give GGG credit for Jacobs, Lemieux, SD, Murray, Monroe, Geale.

I feel like a lot of people on here just follow some divisions/fighters and don't really know much of what is going on in other divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
                      Jacobs isn't shlt. His best win is peter quillin, who hasn't beat anybody.

lemiuex isn't shlt either. He hasn't beat anybody.

Comment

Working...
                      X