No announcement yet.

Serious Question. Who has the better Resume DSG or GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    Lemieux dropped N'Dam 4 times, yet three Canadian judges in Canada, could only find, 6, 6, and 7 rounds to give him. Let's be real here.

And yes, I did watch that fight, and had the fight been in even a 16' ring rather than the MAYBE 15' ring (when the fight was supposed to be in an 18'-20' ring), Lemieux would've gotten smoked again.

No one is saying that Martin Murray can't fight; at least that's not my intention. Still, Murray has shown himself to be a C/C+ fighter, and you're trying to sell him as being something he's not.

Gennady Golovkin has had a handful of actual fights during his pro career; Geale, Brook (legit fighter jumping two weight classes), Jacobs, Alvarez, Alvarez 2, and Derevyanchenko.

Beyond that, you basically have a handful of C level fighters (Murray, Lemieux, Monroe, Rosado coming up from 154, Proksa, Kassim Ouma coming up from 154 and being faded) and utter **** after that.

For Danny Garcia, in his real legit fights, you have Porter, Thurman, Peterson, Matthyssee, and Khan.

If you look at the C/C+ level guys on the ledger, you've got Theophane, Campbell, Holt, the first Morales fight, Guerrero, Malignaggi, Herrera, Granados, Judah, and Rios.

Let's be objective here
    I mean I don't really see how you can put Geale up there, and not Lemieux Murray or Monroe...I would put all 4 of those guys about the same level at the time of that fight.

And bro...on the Ndam thing...the point was that Lemieux clearly won that fight...I mean come on lol...the point of a debate should not be to defend every original point we have...it should be to exchange ideas...if you make a good point I can change my mind and vice versa.

I would add a few more C level guys in there for GGG...Rubio Adama Ishida (who KOed Kirkland).

Overall I don't think we're too far off here though...I think GGG's list, based on official wins, or unofficial wins/losses/ performances in those fights in quite a bit better than Danny's...you may think they are close...I certainly don't see the case that Danny's is better.

Comment

Originally posted by ikigai View Post
      I'm not hyping up anybody, I'm rating fighters based on the quality of their wins, because that's the only criteria you can rate a fighter on- who they beat.

Danny garcia has notable wins golovkin has none

Jacobs best win is quillin, who hasn't beat anybody

Lemiuex hasn't beaten anybody

Sd hasn't beat anybody

Murray hasn't beat anybody

Monroe hasn't beat anybody

Geale's best win is sturm.. who hasn't beat anybody

The string of fighters garcia has fought and beat, are all clearly better than the string of garbage fighters golovkin has been fighting
      Oh I got one for you bro

GGG KOEd Ishida
      Ishida KOed Kirkland
      Kirkland beat Vera
      Vera beat Mora
      Mora beat Forrest
      Forrest beat Mosley and Baldomir
      Mosley beat Margarito and ODLH

This is fun man...you should have GGG way up there now...good post man.

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
        Because some of the things I'm seeing written in here are ridiculous. I haven't even addressed those "Lemieux is on the same level as Canelo" comment yet.

Martin Murray has lost to everybody. He puts up tough performances, but comes short because he's a professional loser. He has a good chin and type defense, so it's hard to outclass him. He doesn't open up and is mediocre, so he never does actually win.

And screw Hagler. You won't see me defending him.
        Murray proved he was about the same as Abraham at 168...a somewhat past it Martinez at 160...and Sturm at 160.

That is where I take his level from...and he was in good form going in...just depends on how much credit you give him for the Martinez performance.

Btw the only thing I've ever said like that about Lemieux is that in general he is about the same level as Canelo...meaning that Canelo is in the A class and Lemieux is in the B class...and I certainly think that that version of Lemieux was a really good version and solidly deserving of being in the B class.

And tbh I would only really have elevated Canelo to A class with his last few performances...he has basically improved every time out.

But honestly if you want me to say that Nelo in his first fight with GGG, when GGG was probably a little worse/older than he was vs Lemieux, did A LOT better than Lemieux did vs GGG...I mean I can't say that...I thought Nelo lost clearly 8-4 and Lemieux lost every round probably and got stopped...but he also came to fight that night.

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
          Matthysse should have wins over both Judah and Alexander. Matthysse should have been undefeated going into the Garcia fight. Plus Matthysse improved as a fighter after Alexander relying on more aggression. Matthysse was more of a boxer puncher early on which probably cost him in those robberies.

He dropped DeMarcus Corley 6 times after the Judah fight when Corley had just recently gave Madiana and Provodnikov all they could handle.
          Bro....OK...but now by that logic we could say that Murray should have had wins over those 3 guys he has blemishes with...I mean that's my point...I am not shi.tting on Danny's win vs Mattysse...it was a good, close, win...I am just saying pretty clearly that Murray and Mattysse were about the same level...and GGG did beat Murray much better.

But that's not even the point here...they would both in this scenario get equal credit for the official win...I just again don't see how you can say those things about Mattysse and then slight Murray so heavily.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
            Rubio was like 5 years before that man...when he was 22 and won the first half and then gassed out lol...have to look at FORM going into a fight as much as who a guy beat/lost to...it's who did you beat/lose to around the time of that fight.
            I can see you think very highly of Lemieux to the extent that you make excuses for him getting koed by Rubio as if it dosen't count cus "he was 22" or he "won the first half" of a 5 round fight by the way or he "gassed out"...until he got koed! But either way it does not change that the resumes are very similar to anyone neutral.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ikigai View Post
                Jacobs isn't shlt. His best win is peter quillin, who hasn't beat anybody.

lemiuex isn't shlt either. He hasn't beat anybody.
                Well, if we're going to get technical, who did Herrera and Matthysse actually beat? Good fighters, but usually didn't do much when they stepped up against anybody.

Jacobs held his own with GGG and Canelo. They're not wins but he did better than most others have. Canelo knocked out the Krusher. Jacobs was never in trouble in their fight.

I just think it's close when you really look at it but i do Danny a slight edge.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
                  Well, DSG has old El Terrible twice and Nate campbell and Amir Khan and Matthysse and Herrera. He lost against Thurman and Porter but he held his own for sure. So yeah. He probably does have the better resume but it's reasonably close. GGG doesn't have the greatest names but Lemiuex and Jacobs are good wins. And Dervy too.

yep, Danny Garcia has a better resume... it is not even close

he beat a lot of elite fighters, world-champions, even a older ATG... Morales Holt Judah Peterson Guerrero, apart from the guys you named

even 4-div champ Broner has a better resume than Golovkin

I don't know why Golovkin fans persist in the hopeless/pointless task of attempting to spin Golovkin's shabby resume

we told g-fans that Golovkin needed to take the fights he avoided

but oh no... they made some bad excuses back then... which is why they need to make REALLY bad excuses now

Comment

it looks like Golovkin only has one little soldier left in his army of excuse-makers

and that one little soldier... thinks that David Lemieux is on the same level as Canelo

Comment

• Comparing a 37 year old with a 31 year old is a little fake, but lets try it.

Garcia has the better wins for sure, whilst GGG has only 2 narrow wins over top contenders plus one titlist, DSG has a set of top contenders plus titlists.

If you compare age for age its even worse for Golovkin, at 31 Golovkin had won no title nor fought anyone of substance, and DSG of course remains as above.

Garcia is substantially better, start this thread in a few years to give GGG time to try and catch up.
                      Last edited by DreamFighter; 11-19-2019, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X