No announcement yet.

Serious Question. Who has the better Resume DSG or GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
    Oh OK well I look forward to you stepping in there with him Larry lol....just keep that same energy with other fighters...like Berto for example...but I bet you were raving about how great he was when he fought Floyd.

And yeah my point was to mention that Lemieux's streak of 9 wins included two known solid QUALITY fighters...just like Matthyse has 1 QUALITY fighter on his 6 fight win streak before he lost to DSG...it was pointed out to frame what kind of form each guy was in going into that fight...and maybe how much credit each win should receive.

Do you though man.

you wouldn't know a good fighter if he punched you in the face

Comment

GGG seems better by far to me. He was the champ at 160 for many years and 20 successful title title defenses in a row. He KOed 22 guys in a row. The only fight he might have lost was his last fight at age 37. I thought he beat Canelo twice. His opponents were better ovrall than Garcia's opponents and Garcia has two official losses and some other wins that were shaky against some pretty lousy fighters like Peterson and some other guy who's name I forget. You could add both his title fights at 140 and 147 and it would be far less than 10 not 20. He certainly never KOed 22 guys in a row. GGG has only one loss to Canelo and the majority thought he deserved to win that. Canelo is a much better fighter than Thurman or Porter and most agree they beat Garcia. About three times as many successful title defenses. far more KOs fought and beat better fighters and is a champion right now. GGG wins hands down to me. The clincher is all those years GGG was the number 1 pfp fighter in the world on most well known lists like Ring Magazine, Boxrec, ESPN, Boxing Scene etc. Even now at age 37 he is on all the major pfp lists anywhere from number 3 to number 7. In contrast Danny Garcia has never spent a single day anywhere in the top 10 best pfp fighters on any list that I am aware of in his entire career. Go to any rating place you want. Boxrec, Ring, ESPN, Boxing Scene etc and GGG is the number 1 middleweight in the world right behind the champ Canelo. Garcia might be rated in the top 5 at welterweight but never number 1, 2, or 3.

Comment

I don't think much separates Danny and GGG resume and ability-wise. For me Danny has the slightly better resume and GGG slightly more ability (in his prime).

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          GGG seems better by far to me. He was the champ at 160 for many years and 20 successful title title defenses in a row. He KOed 22 guys in a row. The only fight he might have lost was his last fight at age 37. I thought he beat Canelo twice. His opponents were better ovrall than Garcia's opponents and Garcia has two official losses and some other wins that were shaky against some pretty lousy fighters like Peterson and some other guy who's name I forget. You could add both his title fights at 140 and 147 and it would be far less than 10 not 20. He certainly never KOed 22 guys in a row. GGG has only one loss to Canelo and the majority thought he deserved to win that. Canelo is a much better fighter than Thurman or Porter and most agree they beat Garcia. About three times as many successful title defenses. far more KOs fought and beat better fighters and is a champion right now. GGG wins hands down to me. The clincher is all those years GGG was the number 1 pfp fighter in the world on most well known lists like Ring Magazine, Boxrec, ESPN, Boxing Scene etc. Even now at age 37 he is on all the major pfp lists anywhere from number 3 to number 7. In contrast Danny Garcia has never spent a single day anywhere in the top 10 best pfp fighters on any list that I am aware of in his entire career. Go to any rating place you want. Boxrec, Ring, ESPN, Boxing Scene etc and GGG is the number 1 middleweight in the world right behind the champ Canelo. Garcia might be rated in the top 5 at welterweight but never number 1, 2, or 3.

boxing fans, in 20 years.....

boxing fan 1: hey, remember that Russian guy, the middleweight

boxing fan 2: who ?

boxing fan 1: you know, that guy..... Golovkin

boxing fan 2: nope

boxing fan 1: you know, the guy ko'd everyone

boxing fan 2: nope, who'd he beat ?

boxing fan 1: ummm, not sure..... nobody really

boxing fan 2: nope, don't remember him

boxing fan 1: hey, remember that guy Broner...... he was a good fighter, funny too

boxing fan 2: yea, I remember him..... funny dude, good fighter

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            boxing fans, in 20 years.....

boxing fan 1: hey, remember that Russian guy, the middleweight

boxing fan 2: who ?

boxing fan 1: you know, that guy..... Golovkin

boxing fan 2: nope

boxing fan 1: you know, the guy ko'd everyone

boxing fan 2: nope, who'd he beat ?

boxing fan 1: ummm, not sure..... nobody really

boxing fan 2: nope, don't remember him

boxing fan 1: hey, remember that guy Broner...... he was a good fighter, funny too

boxing fan 2: yea, I remember him..... funny dude, good fighter

That isn't true at all. You are a GGG hater to such extreme you live in a fantasy world. He will be remembered 20 years from now and 100 years from now. He will be a first ballot hall of famer and always be a part of any talk about great middleweights of the past. Anybody says a kind word about GGG and you jump in to dispute them. You are areal GGG hating nut job and a Canelo lover to ridiculous extremes. Broner will be forgotten as well Garcia but GGG will always be remembered as a great fighter and there is not a damn thing you can do about it except cry and moan. Go to the ratings hater, and see that GGG at age 37 is a champion and rated from 3rd to 7th on the pound for pound best list. Here you go you hating crybaby

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              That isn't true at all. You are a GGG hater to such extreme you live in a fantasy world. He will be remembered 20 years from now and 100 years from now. He will be a first ballot hall of famer and always be a part of any talk about great middleweights of the past. Anybody says a kind word about GGG and you jump in to dispute them. You are areal GGG hating nut job and a Canelo lover to ridiculous extremes. Broner will be forgotten as well Garcia but GGG will always be remembered as a great fighter and there is not a damn thing you can do about it except cry and moan. Go to the ratings hater, and see that GGG at age 37 is a champion and rated from 3rd to 7th on the pound for pound best list. Here you go you hating crybaby

Comment

Originally posted by historian larry View Post
                Rosado sucks man, seriously how can you try to act like he is a good win?? ALL HE DOES IS LOSE..Berto was 10 times the fighter he is and isnt even in floyds top 15 wins so i dont even know why you even tried to mention him
                Yeah I would put Berto a level above Rosado honestly...but that's it lol...they are pretty close to the same level...and yeah Rosado was like GGG's 15th best win so he and Floyd have that going for them.

And yeah I think Rosado is a solid quality win...it is not other worldly but he is game, tough and can box...I think it is a solid win...but as he has shown basically every time he steps up, he isn't on the top level or even the level below that...part of what has gotten him in trouble is his scar tissue on his face though...that cost him what would have been a really nice win over Quillin.

And again Rosado was mentioned as one of two solid wins in context of Lemieux's wins that he had in his winning streak...just like Peterson was mentioned as a solid win for Matthyse in his win streak.

My point was I don't see how Matthyse was made out to be a killer way better than Lemieux when he had two Ls in his previous 8 fights...and his only decent win in his 6 fight win streak was vs Peterson.

When David had a 9 fight win streak since his losses to Rubio and Alcine...and 2 of those were quality fighters...if we are going to say that a guy like Rosado can't be a quality win at all for anyone...then yeah most guys would never have anything...I mean who would Berto have had on his list before the Floyd fight for example....he would have no one.

Not really trying to pick on him/you/Floyd as I know you like Floyd...but for whatever reason that situation and Berto stand out to me as a decent example for a guy around (and slightly above) Rosado's level.

Comment

When it's all said and done, DSG will end up with a better resume.

Comment

any chance you could say that a bit louder... ?

possibly even make a thread... ?

like... your other threads

Sure just check my sig man...you literally said that in my sig...and it is the funniest 'sh.it' I think I've ever read from you.

Comment

-------------------
                      Bro - You literally admitted the other day that you felt GGG deserved a draw in the first fight against Canelo...like how can a sane person be so over the top and hate on GGG and then acknowledge that he tied (and I mean we all know he won that one, both really) a guy that you idolize...makes 0 sense...just like most of your posts and your brethren's posts.

Comment

Working...
                      X