Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rey Vargas, Julio Cesar Martinez Cleared by WBC Following Adverse Findings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Comments Thread For: Rey Vargas, Julio Cesar Martinez Cleared by WBC Following Adverse Findings

    Rey Vargas and Julio Cesar Martinez are free to continue with their respective boxing careers. The pair of Mexico-based boxers tested positive for Clenbuterol, through testing recently conducted by the World Boxing Council Clean Boxing Program (WBC CBP). However, no action was taken against either athlete since the findings were trace elements of the banned substance deemed in the tolerable threshold due to the ongoing meat contamination epidemic in Mexico.
    [Click Here To Read More]

  • #2
    Ok this is just getting ridiculous now. Something has to be done about the cattle industry down there. It's making honest fighters look bad.

    Comment


    • #3
      How can they know whether the amounts taken where insufficient to have provided any benefit? The tests only show the urine concentration at the time of testing, they don't tell you how much was originally taken or eaten. To know how much was originally in the body you also need to know when it was administered / ingested and unless they've been watching these dudes like 24/7 the only way to know that is... umm... by asking 'em and taking their word for it..

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Pantera_ View Post
        Ok this is just getting ridiculous now. Something has to be done about the cattle industry down there. It's making honest fighters look bad.
        Absolutely it should, though I'd say the public health risks are a more compelling reason than the risk of a few boxers getting slapped wrists or looking bad. That said it's already illegal in Mexico so the political will needs to be there to enforce that ish, and given the money involved it's hard to imagine the government taking on the ranchers and meat industry.

        In the meantime though Mexican based fighters could always switch to a fish and vegetable diet... worked for the u17 Mexican soccer team and besides it's probably healthier anyway.

        https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...is-summer.html

        Comment


        • #5
          Absolutely ridiculous. So Mexicans are allowed to just juice now so they can blame it on the meat if they test positive?

          Why even test the Mexicans anymore if that's your attitude. If I was a fighter I know where my training camp would be...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            Absolutely it should, though I'd say the public health risks are a more compelling reason than the risk of a few boxers getting slapped wrists or looking bad. That said it's already illegal in Mexico so the political will needs to be there to enforce that ish, and given the money involved it's hard to imagine the government taking on the ranchers and meat industry.

            In the meantime though Mexican based fighters could always switch to a fish and vegetable diet... worked for the u17 Mexican soccer team and besides it's probably healthier anyway.

            https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...is-summer.html
            It is not cool. There needs to be fair and just grounds for all boxers to be the same. The only thing that gets me is the fact that these guys arenít amateurs; if they know there is the possibility of ingesting Clenbuterol then donít eat the beef. Unfortunately there are people that like to bend and break the rules.

            Comment


            • #7
              Mexican Privilege, ahahaha. Deal with it sissy snowflakes.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                How can they know whether the amounts taken where insufficient to have provided any benefit? The tests only show the urine concentration at the time of testing, they don't tell you how much was originally taken or eaten. To know how much was originally in the body you also need to know when it was administered / ingested and unless they've been watching these dudes like 24/7 the only way to know that is... umm... by asking 'em and taking their word for it..
                We canít take their word for it. Iím assuming because trace amounts were discovered, the assay was at the very least semi quantitative... but who establishes the range that is considered trace and how much can that amount be attributed to an actual therapeutic effect? We run immunoassays in my lab that output values based on absorbance measurements that are converted into a normalized signal. These numbers are flagged when exceeding a cutoff range (aka detected a specific metabolite).

                The other day a provider was asking me why the values were above zero but the results were negative and what that meant from a therapeutic point of view (non compliance, partial dosage, etc). The truth is that the reagent manufacturer and the instrument manufacturer set their own cutoff values and because of the nature of the test metabolite concentration is not linearly correlated to the result.

                So in other words unless this is a gas chromatography (or some other quantitative assay) and some research entity (epidemiological or just scientific) has conducted a large scale study on clenbuterol and itís positive effect on performance in athletes, somehow establish a range of measured doses that does not cause a positive effect AND measure metabolite concentration at varying lengths of metabolism AND then establish an acceptable metabolite range. This is all bull**** (apologies for the previous run on sentence)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Pantera_ View Post
                  Ok this is just getting ridiculous now. Something has to be done about the cattle industry down there. It's making honest fighters look bad.
                  The cattle industry can give two sh.its about boxing or any other sport for that matter lol. Itís billions of dollars buddy

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
                    It is not cool. There needs to be fair and just grounds for all boxers to be the same. The only thing that gets me is the fact that these guys arenít amateurs; if they know there is the possibility of ingesting Clenbuterol then donít eat the beef. Unfortunately there are people that like to bend and break the rules.
                    Or maybe they are normal people who like to eat meat? The phuck???

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X
                    TOP