No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Demise of Kovalev Makes Canelo vs. Ward a 175 Necessity

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MexicanStyle#1 View Post
    That elusive boring style of fighting beats anyone in a ring. Throw a jab and land 3 through out a every round and run around the ring. Some will say the so called sweet science (typically ghetto sewer rats), the majority of every one else will say BORINGGGGGG!!! Do not let this fight happen. It will kill boxings momentum with that Ruiz upset and the Canelo KO.
    Ward was the aggressor in both fights with Kovalev. I know you're a bigot moron not worth a damn but I figure its ok to take a small bit of time to enlighten you.

Comment

Ward should jump on that humongous purse for sure. He’s going to get stopped though, and he would know that going in but totally worth it.

Comment

Would rather see Ward vs Beterbiev. That’s two styles that could clash like a phone box mugging.

Comment

Ward is inactive for a long time. Clenelo will win. But it will be very ineresting to watch two dirty fighters ( PED user and low blow king)

But it will never happen. Because it is very risky fight for clenbuterol. And Ward is retired already.

Comment

Canelo dont want those problems, he would get picked apart by Ward,
            inactive or not. TLC said it best.
            #DontGoChasingWaterFalls

Comment

Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
              I think it would be the other way around, Canelo won't do it. Even after the layoff, he would still be a danger to him.
              I honestly don't think so. Ward is no Mayweather, he can't just come back after a two year lay off and hit the ground running like he never left.

We saw that when he came back, he took three tune ups before fighting Kovalev and he still wasn't at his best. It wasn't until the second Kovalev fight that we began to see the old Andre Ward again.

If he came back and fought Canelo, he would probably win or lose a close, controversial decision.

If he fought Canelo after Kovalev 2 though, he would annihilate him.

Comment

I could be wrong but,
                Ward vs Canelo won't happen,
                because Alvarez is "the man",
                the diva's the draw.
                Canelo is the A Side,
                which means Ward would have to swallow his pride.
                if you know Ward, that's Mission Impossible,
                Besides who da fuk would I root for?

Comment

Sure is a lot of overrating of SOG. Clearly people STILL don't understand Carnelo's technique.

If Darnell Boone could take the guy to deep waters...

Comment

Why would Alvare do this fight? This does nothing for Canelo but further the narrative that he just picks off big names at the end of their careers.

Comment

Originally posted by lieutenant View Post
                      This would be a very boring fight. I can already see Ward clinching every 30 seconds trying to scrape a decision win.

Canelo should fight at 168 and try to become undisputed there. Start with Callum Smith. If GGG wants the trilogy he has to go through BJS and get a strap at 168. The winners can unify next September. Then eventually set up a superfight for undisputed with Benavidez in 2021 once he unifies by beating Plant.
                      I Like It! Make it happen

Comment

Working...
                      X