Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Larry Merchant Advises Canelo To Stay Clear of Top Guys at 175

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Larry Merchant Advises Canelo To Stay Clear of Top Guys at 175

Hall of Famer and former HBO Boxing analyst, Larry Merchant, was ringside on Saturday night to watch Mexican superstar Canelo Alvarez score an eleventh round knockout of Sergey Kovalev to capture the WBO light heavyweight title at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I agree, I don't think he'll do well.

Comment

Shhhhhh Larry, you’ll upset his feminine man fans

Comment

He should focus on GGG if he really cares about his legacy.

Comment

Larry pretty much said how I felt about this fight.

Comment

Its obvious to the world and even his most dedicated Mexican fans he and his team and GB carefully chose the weakest link in the chain. Come-on boxing fans it's Canelo ,what would you expect?

Comment

I am not with Larry...i think that Canelo have to stay like a light heavy weight. If Canelo get back to middle weight or super middle weight he is going to be defeated. In light heavy weight he is a little slow, but more quick that all boxers in that division. Canelo is going to beat Bivol. And against Beterbiev is going to be a 50-50 megafight!
              Last edited by boxingfan4ever; 11-03-2019, 10:40 PM.

Comment

If a Hopkins fight is arranged Canelo will knock him out as well and further cement his legacy.

Comment

It’s true Alvarez couldn’t get to Kovalev but it’s also impressive that Kovalev, the bigger man, couldn’t trouble him with anything and was actually on the run. It would be really interesting to see canelo agains a LH that stands and trades with him.

Comment

Originally posted by PredatorStyle View Post
                    He should focus on GGG if he really cares about his legacy.
                    WTF??? Canelito legacy is 7X better than g!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X