Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isn’t Awkward that Golovkin insists at 160? Seriously this is a joke...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
    His whole career? Nah.The circumstances of the two dudes are not even remotely similar. In fact Canelo's circumstances are pretty much unique.

When exactly was GGG gonna start going up through divisions? - he was all but unknown (outside the hardcore) until 31 years old and he didn't even become the 'man' at 160 until he was, what.. 33, 34 years old? And nor did 'mr 97k' ever offer the kind of paydays which let him just pick his opponents at will - hell I don't think he cracked the $ mil paydays himself til he was 32 or 33.

I think he did have a small window about '14 early '15 or so when he was looking at Froch and Chavez and I suppose he could have turned his back on 160 just when it looked like there might finally be some worthwhile fights there, other than that the only time that made any sense was since he got the DAZN contract in the last year or so and he's got the financial freedom to choose. Bit disappointing he hasn't done more with that, but then again he had his hands full with Derevyanchenko, so I'm guessing he would hardly be rampaging through the top tier at 168.
    If his goal was to rack up as many ko wins in a div, cool dunno.....Roles were reversed, I'd call Nelo out on standing still when there were other mountains to climb.

Comment

most non bias boxing fans think GGG is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
        If his goal was to rack up as many ko wins in a div, cool dunno.....Roles were reversed, I'd call Nelo out on standing still when there were other mountains to climb.
        Thing though isn't it - for whatever reason Golovkin never even really finished climbing his first mountain at MW, and until the Canelo fights he didn't really have the luxury of financial security, in fact most fighters never are in that enviable position - if they were we might see more fighters gunning for glory.

That said, whilst I fully understand the reason$ GGG pursued Canelo for so long as a fan I would have preferred he hadn't, and now that ish is pretty much done and he is in a position to fight pretty much who he wants I think he should step it up for his last few even if it is too late to make much difference.
        Last edited by Citizen Koba; 11-05-2019, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR CANELO!. View Post
          most non bias boxing fans think GGG is a joke.
          Ha ha... you reckon you're a good judge of who's biased then?

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
            I know all about HOFers who never made moves. Back in those days, don't think there were so many div's.

But in the age of PPV, if a guy wants to be known, he has to take chances. Unbiased fans will recognize a dead div and wonder out loud why dude is staying there.
            154 was not dead when Canelo left.
            160 was not dead the two times Canelo left.
            168 was not dead when Canelo went to 175.

There are a lot of quality guys under 175. No real need to move up unless you were worried that someone else would take Kovalev's belt first. That's the real reason why he challenged Kovalev. He wasn't going to last much longer as a champion.
            Last edited by yankees7448; 11-05-2019, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Canelo moving up in weight like every great fighter, then you have Bumlovkin, sitting in the same fkn division fighting bum after bum..he fought canelo and jacobs and there was no "drama show" and the last guy beat him too but got robbed like jacobs did..bumlovkin looks good against bums such as wade,monroe jr, geale etc..he scared to move from that fkn division..bum ass fraud

Comment

Originally posted by BoZz View Post
                Canelo moving up in weight like every great fighter, then you have Bumlovkin, sitting in the same fkn division fighting bum after bum..he fought canelo and jacobs and there was no "drama show" and the last guy beat him too but got robbed like jacobs did..bumlovkin looks good against bums such as wade,monroe jr, geale etc..he scared to move from that fkn division..bum ass fraud
                Moving up isn't trying to be great if you're ducking talented guys in your own weight class.

Comment

heres the problem...and its summed up by this defense

" for some reason or another it just never came together for him".....its always some reason or someone elses fault.....but never his....alot of guys went out and made something happen when it wasnt happening....or made a sacrifice to make something happen

this dude started getting backed by HBO...getting approved for main event fights they probably wouldnt have approved for others....and he started believing his own **** didnt stink...and his fanboys acted accordingly.....they trashed guys who had accomplished more......they started mentioning hopkins name as some proof that was golovkin was doing was ok....yet it was what hopkins did after 160 that made him a legend.....but they wanted to tether hopkins name to golovkins 160 career and act like it was the same

what I find hypocritical is how the gggoons justified golovkins unwillingness to fight ward, Lara, or canelo at 155 because unifying all the belts was lil g's dream and ultimate goal, but then all he seemed to care about is another multi million dollar payday and he passed up opportunities with bjs and chenko and his fanboys started singing a completely different tune.....then he fought chenko when canelo basically told him too and they started acting like he was some hero again

but i always forget...its always "some reason or another" or someone elses fault when things didnt work out

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                    heres the problem...and its summed up by this defense

" for some reason or another it just never came together for him".....its always some reason or someone elses fault.....but never his....alot of guys went out and made something happen when it wasnt happening....or made a sacrifice to make something happen

this dude started getting backed by HBO...getting approved for main event fights they probably wouldnt have approved for others....and he started believing his own **** didnt stink...and his fanboys acted accordingly.....they trashed guys who had accomplished more......they started mentioning hopkins name as some proof that was golovkin was doing was ok....yet it was what hopkins did after 160 that made him a legend.....but they wanted to tether hopkins name to golovkins 160 career and act like it was the same

what I find hypocritical is how the gggoons justified golovkins unwillingness to fight ward, Lara, or canelo at 155 because unifying all the belts was lil g's dream and ultimate goal, but then all he seemed to care about is another multi million dollar payday and he passed up opportunities with bjs and chenko and his fanboys started singing a completely different tune.....then he fought chenko when canelo basically told him too and they started acting like he was some hero again

but i always forget...its always "some reason or another" or someone elses fault when things didnt work out
                    Hopkins was 41 when he moved up from 160. GGG is 37.

Lara was perfectly content to sit on his a$$ fighting bums at 154 rather than step up and face GGG. Did you see Lara's resume between the Alvarez and Hurd fights. Ewww.

I already thoroughly debunked that Andre Ward ***** so stop bringing it up.

GGG had a contract set to fight BJS in August of 2018 under the condition that the Canelo rematch fell through. Stop pretending GGG avoided him.

You guys called him out as if he ducked Chenko despite all the evidence to the contrary.

You're so thirsty to repeat nonsense about GGG. Find yourself a more constructive hobby dude. You're getting yourself all worked up over someone who don't even know you exist. There is a life outside boxingscene's forums. Live it.

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
                      Hopkins was 41 when he moved up from 160. GGG is 37.

Lara was perfectly content to sit on his a$$ fighting bums at 154 rather than step up and face GGG. Did you see Lara's resume between the Alvarez and Hurd fights. Ewww.

I already thoroughly debunked that Andre Ward ***** so stop bringing it up.

GGG had a contract set to fight BJS in August of 2018 under the condition that the Canelo rematch fell through. Stop pretending GGG avoided him.

You guys called him out as if he ducked Chenko despite all the evidence to the contrary.

You're so thirsty to repeat nonsense about GGG. Find yourself a more constructive hobby dude. You're getting yourself all worked up over someone who don't even know you exist. There is a life outside boxingscene's forums. Live it.
                      i dont care what age hopkins was when he moved up...golovkin wont even be around when hes 41 and hell never achieve 1/4 of what hopkins did when he moved up.....if hopkins had retired when he stopped fighting at 160 his career would be picked apart and his resume talked down on now....but he doesnt have to worry because he accomplished more

you didnt debunk anything about ward...you made your own excuses and your own story about it....

and im hardly worked up guy...its a boxing forum...i type as effortlessly as i talk...my blood pressure remains steady...its only people like you that want to conjur some fake backstory about some guy literally getting all in a hissy on the other end of an internet connection...lol

if i need to find another hobby you do too...because every time i type youre there defending the lil g and pretending like nothing is ever his fault....just like the type of person that makes me dislike him....not once will you ever admit wrongdoing or a ***** in the armor of the almight....lol

Comment

Working...
                      X