Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isn’t Awkward that Golovkin insists at 160? Seriously this is a joke...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its not that the div is weak, its that Golovkin only faced 3 or 4 guys of an acceptable level. To making your first acceptable opponent defence at age of 35 says it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
      I had had enough of reading about guys from the past. This is the here and now. A more moveable friendly era. GGG stood still when there were possibilities.
      Exactly. And I will take your “past” to include why fans always bring up Canelo’s resume which is always past. Perhaps there is fear vs a hate agenda that Canelo has a high probability to continue ADDING particular wins to his resume, which inevitably will always be ready for discrediting. So it is what it is.

Yeah so Canelo was bigger than Rhodes, ok, Errol Spence and most other 154 Champs or elite now would always bigger than Rhodes as well. I don’t agree that Canelo should have fought Hatton at a catch, which is what everyone cries about, but if Canelo is supposedly “super big” even back then, then how would 154 have been fair for Hatton. This is the same thing for the Khan fight.

Canelo haters are so confused about the Khan fight that they say it was catchweight. Would it have been fair to Khan if Canelo fought at the full 160? Would it have been fair to Cotto had it been at the full 160? the Kirkland, Lara and Angulo fights weren’t even title fights and all those guys had more fights than Canelo above 155!!! These facts are never challenged.

At the end of the day, if you’re a boxing fan, and almost all of Industry, pro boxers, past and present say Canelo is a great, complete fighter, then obviously he’s doing something right. From Haney, Teófimo Lopez, Crawford, Jrock, Zurdo Ramirez, Ruiz Jr., etc if any of these guys had animosity or jealous towards Canelo they would reserve optimistic opinions on Canelo or call him a cheat...the only boxer whom cries about Canelo or anything else is Paulie Malignaggi.

If there was a big cover up, because let’s be real, boxing ain’t that big when we include all the big promotional players, but then most people would always continue to shut down Canelo.

We are watching a great fighter. How can boxing fans not enjoy it? Canelo haters don’t realize that by wanting Bivol or Beterbiev to fight Canelo means they are curious to see what he can do. I think subconsciously many Canelo haters turned into fans seeing how lagging GGG’s narrative derailed.
      Last edited by Thuglife Nelo; 11-05-2019, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm Widdit! View Post
        Exactly. And I will take your “past” to include why fans always bring up Canelo’s resume which is always past. Perhaps there is fear vs a hate agenda that Canelo has a high probability to continue ADDING particular wins to his resume, which inevitably will always be ready for discrediting. So it is what it is.

Yeah so Canelo was bigger than Rhodes, ok, Errol Spence and most other 154 Champs or elite now would always bigger than Rhodes as well. I don’t agree that Canelo should have fought Hatton at a catch, which is what everyone cries about, but if Canelo is supposedly “super big” even back then, then how would 154 have been fair for Hatton. This is the same thing for the Khan fight.

Canelo haters are so confused about the Khan fight that they say it was catchweight. Would it have been fair to Khan if Canelo fought at the full 160? Would it have been fair to Cotto had it been at the full 160? the Kirkland, Lara and Angulo fights weren’t even title fights and all those guys had more fights than Canelo above 155!!! These facts are never challenged.

At the end of the day, if you’re a boxing fan, and almost all of Industry, pro boxers, past and present say Canelo is a great, complete fighter, then obviously he’s doing something right. From Haney, Teófimo Lopez, Crawford, Jrock, Zurdo Ramirez, Ruiz Jr., etc if any of these guys had animosity or jealous towards Canelo they would reserve optimistic opinions on Canelo or call him a cheat...the only boxer whom cries about Canelo or anything else is Paulie Malignaggi.

If there was a big cover up, because let’s be real, boxing ain’t that big when we include all the big promotional players, but then most people would always continue to shut down Canelo.

We are watching a great fighter. How can boxing fans not enjoy it? Canelo haters don’t realize that by wanting Bivol or Beterbiev to fight Canelo means they are curious to see what he can do. I think subconsciously many Canelo haters turned into fans seeing how lagging GGG’s narrative derailed.
        While haters are in the vast minority, they seem to make the most noise .
        If a 30 y/o Nelo retires, he's a 1st ballot HOFer.

Comment

Leave the dude alone, he ain’t about that life. We gotta just accept him for who he is.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
            its not that the div is weak, its that Golovkin only faced 3 or 4 guys of an acceptable level. To making your first acceptable opponent defence at age of 35 says it all.
            He was ducked for 10 years prior to that doe.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post
              He has also fought him twice and refuses to acknowledge the other fighters in the division that can be considered threats and even better than him at this point In his career.
              He just fought Dev for a title belt.
              At least he fought the best to get the IBF.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                this "why canelo will duck him" argument is getting a bit thin now, dont you think?
                Since he refused to fight him recently it's still relevant. Canelo has to be favored because of Golovkin's advanced age. It unfolding exactly as Paulie predicted. Canelo got his robbery against Golovkin then he will stall untill he's sure Golovkin presents no threat then he will fight him and beat him for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                  Since he refused to fight him recently.
                  Ge, get it in your head he fought him twice recently.

jeez. Why doesnt boxing forum have a competence filter so I dont have to look at replies like this?
                  Last edited by DreamFighter; 11-05-2019, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    He was ducked for 10 years prior to that doe.
                    that 10 years where he never won a belt in the ring nor beat a top contender to get himself a shot?

"he was ducked" means "he was given two titles for not throwing a punch". I'd love to be "ducked" like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                      He had his whole career to do what Nelo is doing. Nothing stopped him.
                      His whole career? Nah.The circumstances of the two dudes are not even remotely similar. In fact Canelo's circumstances are pretty much unique.

When exactly was GGG gonna start going up through divisions? - he was all but unknown (outside the hardcore) until 31 years old and he didn't even become the 'man' at 160 until he was, what.. 33, 34 years old? And nor did 'mr 97k' ever offer the kind of paydays which let him just pick his opponents at will - hell I don't think he cracked the $ mil paydays himself til he was 32 or 33.

I think he did have a small window about '14 early '15 or so when he was looking at Froch and Chavez and I suppose he could have turned his back on 160 just when it looked like there might finally be some worthwhile fights there, other than that the only time that made any sense was since he got the DAZN contract in the last year or so and he's got the financial freedom to choose. Bit disappointing he hasn't done more with that, but then again he had his hands full with Derevyanchenko, so I'm guessing he would hardly be rampaging through the top tier at 168.

Comment

Working...
                      X