Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis-Yuriorkis Gamboa Finalized, 12/28 on Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    difference is usyk fought every top guy at cruiser before moving up. tank fought no one and now he's fighting no one again.

a more apt comparison would be what if usyk won a belt off the weakest champ at cruiser, defended for 3 years against bums, then moved up and headlined a card against a bum. people run out of patience. its been 3 years.
    If Usyk beat the best at cruiserweight then that is even more of a reason he shouldn't have fought the bum that he did. And STILL, nobody criticized that trash fight. I was so, bored I turned on El Camino instead. And when I saw the ending, I was shocked at how marked up Usyk's face was.

If tank doesn't step up after this fight at a new weight class, then he has the right to some criticism. But, this fight is essentially his version of Witherspoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Haymon View Post
      He's going for a third title in his third weight class and has very little to show for it. He's going the Wilder route and waiting til he's in his mid 30s to start fighting guys on his level.
      Tank will be 25 years old by fight time. You can't even believe the bs you're spewing. But, Im sure somebody will be entertained by your comment.

Comment

Originally posted by ecuasionz View Post
        If Usyk beat the best at cruiserweight then that is even more of a reason he shouldn't have fought the bum that he did. And STILL, nobody criticized that trash fight. I was so, bored I turned on El Camino instead. And when I saw the ending, I was shocked at how marked up Usyk's face was.

If tank doesn't step up after this fight at a new weight class, then he has the right to some criticism. But, this fight is essentially his version of Witherspoon.

Except Gamboa is much better than Witherspoon ever was. They will never give rank any credit because he is represented by haymon and promoted by Mayweather/ellerbe. He refused to fight for Hearn and shunned dazn....that’s why the white nationalists hate him

Comment

Originally posted by ecuasionz View Post

so we should have low standards for tank is what you are saying and not criticize him because he continues to fight hte same crappy comp? we should criticize guys who fight great comp and then have one easy fight instead of guys who have all esay fightS?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Haymon View Post
            He's going for a third title in his third weight class and has very little to show for it. He's going the Wilder route and waiting til he's in his mid 30s to start fighting guys on his level.
            no he's only in his second weight class. he is a 2 time champ at 130 because he couldnt make weight and then they gave him another free belt agaisnt cuellar who was moving up from 126 and coming off a loss. oh yeah and lol

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
              Except Gamboa is much better than Witherspoon ever was. They will never give rank any credit because he is represented by haymon and promoted by Mayweather/ellerbe. He refused to fight for Hearn and shunned dazn....that’s why the white nationalists hate him
              how much credit should guys get fighting walsh, fonseca, cuellar moving up in weight after a loss, ruiz moving up in weight, nunez, and shot 38 year old gamboa. none of those guys are in the top 10(of course) 6 in a row. credit is earned not given. this is crap. i dont know if people hate him. i think they just want him to fight good opponents. is that too much to ask? you shouldnt get a free pass just because you are with pbc. guys like spence and porter fight good competition and they are with pbc. guys like farmer are with dazn and only fights bums. its not political.
              Last edited by daggum; 10-25-2019, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vodkaholic View Post
                Thats also a trash fight.
                Difference is wilder and ortiz have to get paid more
                Exactly. Much less Risk financially. I expect Tank to open up at -600 or more.

Comment

Gamboa about to get Juanma Lopez’ed. I guess this is just a highlight reel for Tank, this guy needs to step it up.

Comment

Broner 2.0 the more explosive power and lower I.q. Version. This dudes resume is a travesty..24 with that many fights and one decent name on it...yet mugga me will froth at the mouth about how special he is the same way we endured for years with Broner and no nobody admits they were willing to hold broners brush in them days...

Comment

You’re kidding, right?

Comment

Working...
                      X