Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Patrick Day's Tragic Passing - A Time To Remember a Good Man

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP it’s a tough sport to love sometimes, gotta appreciate the warriors who lace em up

Comment

Hope you rest well champ

Comment

Very sad news and made even worse that this was yet another serious injury/death in a US boxing ring. The standards there are not up to what is seen in the UK and Germany and it only seems to be getting worse.

Comment

Rest in Peace. 🙏

Comment

I've been a fight fan for 40+ years and with the past deaths suffered by good hardworking young men with a world of promise before them, I'm just too sad to watch the sport anymore.

REST IN PEACE to all the warriors who made the ultimate sacrifice to improve their life and the lives of their families.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              Very sad news and made even worse that this was yet another serious injury/death in a US boxing ring. The standards there are not up to what is seen in the UK and Germany and it only seems to be getting worse.
              This is not "sad news" for you.You're just using it for your agenda which makes you an idiot.

Comment

Damn

Didn't realize

the kid was a zoe, hurts even more now

i feel guilty and torn as a boxing fan, wish there was way to reform boxing to make it safer, i wish there was a better way to govern the safety of the sport

Comment

This sport can bring such heartbreak. RIP Patrick.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                    This is not "sad news" for you.You're just using it for your agenda which makes you an idiot.
                    There is no agenda. I said the same thing after the blackwell incident in the uk but between round inspections and refereeing in the uk has greatly improved since then.

Yet were seeing the exact same issues we saw a near half decade ago with Abdusalamov, namely a lack of ringside know how, equipment and response time.

If you claim to be a fan of this sport then you must highlight and recognise the root causes of its problems .

No one should be dying of preventable brain injuries in 21st century America. This is unacceptable.

Comment

I wish what you said was true and this could have been prevented as it would make me feel better as a boxing fan but in reality he received immediate assistance and was transferred within minutes to one of the best neurological hospitals in the world. The points you are making are absolutely ridiculous and you should be ashamed of yourself

Comment

Working...
                      X