Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lol wtf? How is mikey garcia still in the top ten p4p?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's a 4 division champ who in his last 5 fights faced 4 undefeated champs with the other Broner never having lost below welterweight. Meanwhile he went 4 for 5 against them with his only career loss being in his 5th division.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
      Can someone explain this to me? After the beating he took and getting outclassed by spence.
      - -Didn't take a beating.

That's for you to do publicly as is your predisposition.

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
        Who's that hottie in your sig ? Damn, she's as good as it gets!
        Danielle Herrington Sports Illustrated model.

Originally posted by FredRekk View Post
        If anybody should be embarrassed it should be Spence.
        Mikey took ol boy the whole 12 rounds!!
        Nah, everybody's not there to be knocked out.

Mikey didn't even try to win a round, he was just there to not get knocked out.

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
        He lost one fight vs a p4p fighter in a higher weight class
        And still did a lot worst than people thought he would.

People thought the fight would be like GGG/Brook or Canelo/Khan, where the smaller gut outboxes the bigger guy until he got caught.

That's not what happened.

He lost every round and just was there to not get hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post

People thought the fight would be like GGG/Brook or Canelo/Khan, where the smaller gut outboxes the bigger guy until he got caught.

Don't matter that aint enough to get knocked off the p4p list.

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post

If Mikey fights Manny the same way he fought Spence, PAC would TKO him. Big facts.
            That Speaks volumes.

Comment

Originally posted by Articulateboxin View Post
              This feels like an exaggeration, or perhaps myself and many other boxing fans are just knowledge-less I thought Garcia would be timing an aggressive Spence and while being very close, Garcia winning a UD.

This is not what happened at all and instead we saw Spence simply outboxing a previously thought of, master technician. Garcia had no answer and could make no adaptation to Spence's superior range. This of course got me wondering about whether or not Garcia is only as good as he was prior, purely because he had all the physical advantages.

Is Garcia still top 10 p4p? Probably..providing the opponent is smaller than he is? I'm not writing the guy off, I loved watching him fight but I was really surprised at how few ideas he had when it got tough. I actually think part of this might have been because he's always won so easily prior, he's never had to face this kind of adversity in his career so far?
              You're overanalyzing good sir, Mikey was too small, that's all.

Comment

According to the posters on this site, Spence is the boogeyman.

And Mikey took 12 full rounds, nobody was hurt, nobody hit the ground....

PAC would TKO Mikey.

Comment

It's not everyday a guy humbles a future HOFer like Broner. That win carries much clout.

Comment

PAC would TKO Mikey.
                    Pac couldn't tko Rios.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
                      Don't matter that aint enough to get knocked off the p4p list.
                      I don't know man, losing every round of a fight is a good reason to be off of a p4p list to me

PAC would TKO Mikey.
                      Like Bread says, everybody aint there to be knocked out.

In order to knock people out, they have to open themselves up to get knocked out.

Mikey didn't try to win a round, he just survived. Anybody can do that. The first few guys who went 10-12 with Tyson used to do the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X