Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Derevyanchenko: If GGG Says 'No' - Give Me Canelo or Charlo!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elpatron2 View Post
    because he only has 15 fights he lost,
    sd vs munguia
    So, if he goes off and fights 15 more nobodies, does that get him to the front of the line in your world?

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
      Korobov already took him to school. Sergey would beat the **** out of charlo.
      Korobov is an old guy way past his best and even at his best he wasn't an elite, Derevenchenko is still in a great shape, it would be a good fight vs Charlo who should step up instead of cherry picking like his next fight, how is that guy he's fighting even ranked? WBC corruption at it's finest.

Comment

because he only has 15 fights he lost,
        sd vs munguia
        Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
        So, if he goes off and fights 15 more nobodies, does that get him to the front of the line in your world?
        He cant beat munguia when he moves up opion,how is he beating top fighter,just to green
        Last edited by Elpatron2; 10-15-2019, 02:20 PM.

Comment

He cant beat munguia when he moves up opion,how is he beating top fighter,just looks to green
          You're not paying attention. He just went life and death with a bigger fighter who is universally regarded as being twice as good as Munguia.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
            So who does he have to beat in order to be recognized as a top 5/6 guy? If you narrowly loss to and arguably beat GGG and loss narrowly to Jacobs, doesn't that make you the goods and not a poser/hype-job?
            Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
            He lost razor close to two Top 3 ranked fighters. It seems nearly impossible to get a controversy-free scorecard at the elite level. It just doesn't happen. GGG should have gotten the nod against Canelo in that first fight. Canelo cleanly beat GGG in the rematch and still people are calling it a robbery. Forget the official scorecards. They don't tell us what is plain to our own eyes.
            Once again, I am not a supporter of 'eye test'. I want to know WHO DID YOU BEAT AND HOW DID YOU BEAT THEM?

Sergiy is a solid fighter. In terms of P4P he doesn't crack the Top 10. There's no way. In terms of middleweights? He probably beats anyone at the B level and lower. That's fine. And I gave him credit for being a solid fighter.

But in my scorecard thread I specifically said - he should fight Charlo. That's a pickem - no way to predict what happens. Does Charlo catch him like he did J-Rock or does Sergiy's awesome head movement keep him safe? But then you think about his lacking power and you can't help but think he's prime for getting sparked. I love that setup - especially if one of the two goes in there and proves me completely wrong - a tossup where fight night comes and one guy proves the other was nowhere in the class. Clear, dominant.

That's what Sergiy needs. It doesn't even matter WHICH top guys. But he needs at least one to crack Top 10 and it needs to be clear, no asterisks, no razor close.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
              Once again, I am not a supporter of 'eye test'. I want to know WHO DID YOU BEAT AND HOW DID YOU BEAT THEM?

Sergiy is a solid fighter. In terms of P4P he doesn't crack the Top 10. There's no way. In terms of middleweights? He probably beats anyone at the B level and lower. That's fine. And I gave him credit for being a solid fighter.

But in my scorecard thread I specifically said - he should fight Charlo. That's a pickem - no way to predict what happens. Does Charlo catch him like he did J-Rock or does Sergiy's awesome head movement keep him safe? But then you think about his lacking power and you can't help but think he's prime for getting sparked. I love that setup - especially if one of the two goes in there and proves me completely wrong - a tossup where fight night comes and one guy proves the other was nowhere in the class. Clear, dominant.

That's what Sergiy needs. It doesn't even matter WHICH top guys. But he needs at least one to crack Top 10 and it needs to be clear, no asterisks, no razor close.
              I can agree with a certain amount of what you're saying (and I definitely want to see Charlo v SD), but what if SD kicks ass but again comes up short on the cards? Is he still only a gatekeeper? I don't understand why you are putting so much emphasis on official scorecards. Boxing is the most corrupt sport in the world and the scoring system is ridiculously subjective and poorly implemented. Fair score cards are like pink ****ing unicorns.

Comment

Jermall Charlo vs D-Chenko? Okay, let's see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
                  Derev would finally test Charlo but Charlo is on the wrong side of the street and PBC duck system will never let him cross the street. Al Gaymon is ruining Charlo career.
                  Who do you think is D-Chenko is with?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
                    Derev is with DiBella not PBC and DiBella works with DZAN.
                    Who's D-Chenko's advisor?

Comment

Originally posted by ReggieKray View Post
                      Derevy needs a win. Fighting Canelo will most likely give him another L. He should fight Charlo or Andrade next to get a W.
                      That's still L's he'll get from them too.

Comment

Working...
                      X