Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Derevyanchenko: If GGG Says 'No' - Give Me Canelo or Charlo!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revelated View Post
    More than that, it's a very important test for each guy. They're both 'eye test' and need a named win.
    yeah, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
      To me, Dervy has passed the eye test with his two competitive fights with Jacobs and GGG. He's not the top dog, but he's proven. Charlo needs that prove it fight though, but I feel like he'll only want to do it verses on of the other champions.
      'eye test' only gets you so far. He has to BEAT a named fighter - ideally, two or more - clearly and without controversy. He hasn't done that yet. He's gone razor close with two top guys - I give him credit, he's a very tricky fighter and skilled - but he has to pull it out and get WINS now. It's not like who he lost to were undefeated champions like with Porter.

Comment

That's a good fight, Derev and Charlo, make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Elpatron2 View Post
          How does this guy get another title shot with less than 15 professional fights,
          tripo g got sicc whater,but also not having abel had effect,
          should go back of the line already
          Back of the line? Really?!? He just went life and death with the #2 guy in the division. Lots of people thought he won. That and his only other loss (another close one) is to the supposed #3 MW out there. This guy has proven himself to be among the MW elite. He's got an exciting, fan-friendly style that would mix well with just about anyone. I think Canelo is a bit too ring savvy for him, but that would be another barn-burner for sure.

Comment

'eye test' only gets you so far. He has to BEAT a named fighter - ideally, two or more - clearly and without controversy. He hasn't done that yet. He's gone razor close with two top guys - I give him credit, he's a very tricky fighter and skilled - but he has to pull it out and get WINS now. It's not like who he lost to were undefeated champions like with Porter.
            So who does he have to beat in order to be recognized as a top 5/6 guy? If you narrowly loss to and arguably beat GGG and loss narrowly to Jacobs, doesn't that make you the goods and not a poser/hype-job?

Comment

He's not getting the Canelo fight, he screwed himself in that one. Charlo will continue to fight nobodies. Why not Andrade?

Comment

He lost razor close to two Top 3 ranked fighters. It seems nearly impossible to get a controversy-free scorecard at the elite level. It just doesn't happen. GGG should have gotten the nod against Canelo in that first fight. Canelo cleanly beat GGG in the rematch and still people are calling it a robbery. Forget the official scorecards. They don't tell us what is plain to our own eyes.
                Last edited by NachoMan; 10-15-2019, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
                  Derev would finally test Charlo but Charlo is on the wrong side of the street and PBC duck system will never let him cross the street. Al Gaymon is ruining Charlo career.
                  Korobov already took him to school. Sergey would beat the **** out of charlo.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
                    He lost razor close to two Top 3 ranked fighters. It seems nearly impossible to get a controversy-free scorecard at the elite level. It just doesn't happen. GGG should have gotten the nod against Canelo in that first fight. Canelo cleanly beat GGG in the rematch and still people are calling it a robbery. Forget the official scorecards. They don't tell us what is plain to our own eyes.
                    because he only has 15 fights he lost,
                    sd vs munguia
                    Last edited by Elpatron2; 10-15-2019, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      If Charlo wins, then Dervy has to be next! They both need it! That always makes for a great fight! How do you think Hurd will do @ 160?
                      I don’t think he will do at all. He is just too easy to hit and that doesn’t bode well for a long career at the top and especially not at a heavier weight but it will be fun to see

Comment

Working...
                      X