No announcement yet.

Andy 'Blessed' Ruiz shows off new slim physique

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
    It is interesting to note that balance is affected by weight change. I can attest to this. It totally threw off my beautiful kicks when I lost all this weight and gained weight later on...

He just better make certain his center has not shifted.
    Most of the weight he lost came off his gigantic belly so of course his center has shifted. How could he lose that much weight off his gut and not have his center shift? That would be impossible. It's no big deal. He is training every day and will quickly adjust to his lighter weight. He is at the weight he is supposed to be at and not at an unnatural weight he should never have been at. What beautiful kicks are you talking about? Are you a kick boxer? Why did you lose all this weight and then gain it back?

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      Most of the weight he lost came off his gigantic belly so of course his center has shifted. How could he lose that much weight off his gut and not have his center shift? That would be impossible. It's no big deal. He is training every day and will quickly adjust to his lighter weight. He is at the weight he is supposed to be at and not at an unnatural weight he should never have been at. What beautiful kicks are you talking about? Are you a kick boxer? Why did you lose all this weight and then gain it back?
      I taught and fought full contact karate. Had really lightening fast legs. Had a bad car accident later in life and weight gain after, all of it affects the center that has to be controlled when controlling the kicks. I could hold a leg out no problem but after my weight changed it was as if i could not find my center to set from. I had a really fast round kick, roundhouse, side kick among others. Spin kicks also.

I don't know how it affects Ruiz i just know that the way we generate power on a blow has a lot to do with many very small subtle adjustments we make. I want ruiz to be in better shape but to be aware of those fine adjustments.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        I have a story that happened to me illustrating what I am referring to when our weight, or body mechanics change drastically. This is 100% true, with no exxagerations it happened when I was teaching JuJutsu in toronto Canada. I had started to study with a very high level teacher who really was a stickler for proper body mechanics. He made me relearn soooo many movements that I had bad habits doing and initially i did not think much of it.

i am teaching my own class and we have this movement where you fade back smack the arm and shift in with a blow to the ribs. I had a big guy in the class...I was about 220 at the time, he had to be about 245 or so...and I very gently did the technique to him with newly acquired perfect form. He hits the ground and is moaning...im thinking he is being a baby, i just touched him!

Do you know I cracked three of his ribs? I had changed my mechanics to such a degree, and it was such a small amount of force, it didn't even occur to me. That is a perfect example of what I am talking about. Changing the way we move, our center, etc can have a profound effect on our technical skills.

Comment

The picture looks fake
          And also I don’t believe he would come down that much
          He’s always been a big boy , it suits his style
          Nothing wrong if he did trim down and that would probably help him in his rematch
          Fat or skinny , I’m thinking he wins

Comment

Eating fewer snickers must be good thing

Comment

That's not Andy, that's a cholo from TJ.

Comment

What a sh**ty tattoo.

Comment

If so, he has shed a lot of weight. If its real I would maybe bring into question how quickly he has dropped weight, I don't think dropping weight at an alarming rate is necessarily a good thing. Could be an indicator of over-training. Either way he looks very healthy in both pictures, he should keep to that weight and add some more muscle.

Comment

What a Transformation!

It's up there with Neville Longbottom:

And the fat Kid from Stand By Me:

Comment

With his black T-shirt and fotochop pictures? 😂 I would wait and see how he looks on fight night. He should do this for himself, not because of how people talk about him. As the HW champ he definitely needs to look decent.

Comment

Working...
                      X