Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oleksandr Usyk Arrives at Heavyweight, Stops Witherspoon in Seven

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Btw the best announcers today were at sky sports

Comment

• Originally posted by Calibaloc View Post
      AMEN!!! These dudes are going to refer to Usyk as the next coming of Christ but in the same breath discredit Canelo if he beats Kovalev. Ignorance at it's finest.
      I will gladly praise Canelo if he goes through Kovalev... I just don't believe he will... or any top dogs at LHW for that matter...

I do believe Usyk has the tools to do some damage (points wise) at the top of the HW chart...

Comment

• Oh wow! That was unexpected! He’s ready for a championship fight with wilder now....even though he fights for matchroom on dazn.....it maybe next time he can fight Lance Whitaker, Renaldo Snipes, Lou Savarese, Joe Hipp, or someone to that effect.
        No matter who, the Hearn minions will keep praying he’s someone who can beat wilder....

Comment

• Not gonna crucify the main event cuz of the last minute pull out - tho the original opponent wasn’t much better This fight proved nothing. Witherspoon wasn’t a real contender a decade ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Superbee View Post
            I will gladly praise Canelo if he goes through Kovalev... I just don't believe he will... or any top dogs at LHW for that matter...

I do believe Usyk has the tools to do some damage (points wise) at the top of the HW chart...
            A lot of you guys keep saying that Usyk will do this and that at heavyweight but WHAT HAPPENS WHEN HE GETS HIT?

Comment

• It's been reported that Usyk might fight for the vacant WBO title next, that would mean fighting Joseph Parker as he is the highest ranked available contender, if not Parker then Adam Kownacki would be next in line.
              If Usyk does fight for the vacant WBO strap my guess is that they will avoid Parker (who might still choose to fight Chisora) and aim for the limited Kownacki.

Comment

• Originally posted by hectari View Post
                Can someone explain to me why Usyk who weighs 215 pounds soaking wet decided to drop his undisputed titles at cruiserweight to go to heavyweight? is it for a payday? dude could have easily created his own legacy at 200 pound division cruiser

He can make cruiser easy he only weighs 215 thats a cake walk cut, dude looks like **** at heavyweight, seriously Usyk manager told him to move up I bet.

Also no wonder they got rid of Tyrone Spong, Spong would ahve really tested Usyk its foul how they did Spong.
                Cause he cleared the whole division and he beat everyone there was to beat!
                He moved on to bigger and better challenges...
                What do you expect him to do you fool???
                That's what great fighters do! They test themselves against the best!

Comment

• Did you guys see Usyk do his hail Mary prayer in the corner after Witherspoon hit him with a clean right hand in the first round? That should let you know what he thinks about Heavyweight power, also listen closely to his post fight interview. He's cool but you guys need to slow down on giving him praise so soon as a Heavyweight. For your own good, unless you like to eat crow.Some of you act like the Heavyweights are just going to stand there and just let Usyk outbox them smh
                  Last edited by Calibaloc; 10-13-2019, 12:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Calibaloc View Post
                    A lot of you guys keep saying that Usyk will do this and that at heavyweight but WHAT HAPPENS WHEN HE GETS HIT?
                    Same goes for Canelo... I just think he doesn't have what it takes to elude top dogs at LHW... and I believe Usyk can do that at HW...

I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Comment

• Originally posted by hectari View Post
                      Can someone explain to me why Usyk who weighs 215 pounds soaking wet decided to drop his undisputed titles at cruiserweight to go to heavyweight? is it for a payday? dude could have easily created his own legacy at 200 pound division cruiser

He can make cruiser easy he only weighs 215 thats a cake walk cut, dude looks like **** at heavyweight, seriously Usyk manager told him to move up I bet.

Also no wonder they got rid of Tyrone Spong, Spong would ahve really tested Usyk its foul how they did Spong.
                      The guy is like 33 years old...

HW = money....

Plus he had nothing else to prove at CW.
                      Last edited by _Maxi; 10-13-2019, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X