No announcement yet.

I just got DAZN last weekend, and...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    So if Spence/Crawford is made, you wouldn't pay for it?

The PPV model isn't any different than it has been going back thirty years. This is how it is has always been. You just have to choose which fights/cards you want to purchase.
    If that fight gets made, I would hope that it would be on the ESPN app first hahah. And no, I probably wouldn't buy it. I would try to stream it or see it at a bar. By the time they fight, it will be something like Mayweather Pacquiao anyways. But having the convenience of watching the fights on my phone while at the airport, on the toilet or doing anything is amazing hahah. And no, i don't remember them having more average fights on PPV than the big ones. That's what we have now and it's partly because the better boxers are afraid to fight the best out there. Guys like Wilder and Fury will feast on bums for most of their careers and still prance around like they are the best. People would gladly pay to see them actually fight someone dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
      I used to get some buffering but haven't the last 2 or 3 shows. Not sure if they fixed some stuff or what but that was my only complaint with DAZN. The next couple months are gonna be really good for them.
      Yeah, when I did the math, I figured the Canelo vs Kovalev fight, AJ Ruiz II and Golovkin would be worth getting the app alone but then I saw that they had a lot of other fights too and I went in. Man, so glad I did. But they do need a little more content for week days. Maybe I should pitch them a boxing show hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
        Man, it's an amazing app. I should have got it a year ago. For all of you who are saying that it is no good or trash, do you even have the app? Who cares if it's from another country, it's dope. I will never pay PPV again hahahaha. Ever. I'm going to get the ESPN+ app now too just so I can see all the rest of the fights too. This is the way of the future and if you guys don't get it, you are missing out
        No bro is was honestly **** at the beginning. the 10 dollar DAZN sub was **** DAZN.

I've been trying to get DAZN in america since like 2014, back when Boxing Asylum was a forum and no one streamed boxing in the states. I just wanted boxing's version of UFC fightpass or WWE Network. I was jealous of mma/wrestling fans.

Back then, they had a very good VPN detector. So, they knew my ass wasn't German or Dutch and blocked me.

Anyway, point is despite being a Wilder fan and all that Hearn vs Wilder ****, I don't give a ****, I want streamed boxing. It makes it easier to decide where I'll watch it and there's less conflict over TVs in my house.

At first DAZN was just bad, very little to watch and it worked like ****.

So yeah, some them dudes were probably just dicks, but, not everyone reporting on DAZN's app early on was being a dick. You got in at a good time bud. Now is the time to get DAZN and ESPN and whatever else comes down the pipe.

Really, the sanctioning bodies are dumb as ****. They always should have moved into distribution. In many ways the UFC makes them look halfassed. Then again in many ways boxing makes the UFC look halfassed as well...

Comment

I did the same. I didn’t want to lose the Golovkin fight midstream.

It was also nice to be able to catchup on all of the baseball playoffs. If it had the NFL on tap also, it would be near perfect.

Comment

If that fight gets made, I would hope that it would be on the ESPN app first hahah. And no, I probably wouldn't buy it. I would try to stream it or see it at a bar. By the time they fight, it will be something like Mayweather Pacquiao anyways. But having the convenience of watching the fights on my phone while at the airport, on the toilet or doing anything is amazing hahah. And no, i don't remember them having more average fights on PPV than the big ones. That's what we have now and it's partly because the better boxers are afraid to fight the best out there. Guys like Wilder and Fury will feast on bums for most of their careers and still prance around like they are the best. People would gladly pay to see them actually fight someone dangerous.
            Be on ESPN+? Yeah, sorry if you think that is going to happen.

I mean then why not just put Wilder/Fury on ESPN+ then? Why is that fight also heading towards PPV?

I don't know if you are under the impression that ESPN doesn't do PPVs because they have their app, but that is not true. ESPN DOES do PPVs and will continue doing PPVs.

But DAZN and ESPN+ are good values for boxing fans and you can get more than enough boxing from those two apps plus regular ESPN/FOX.

Comment

The boxing streams have been harder and harder to get lately to be honest. I was always good with streaming the fights but that's not the case now. I'm kicking myself for not getting it a year ago. I just don't get why everyone is so against it though. Are people really that stupid to where they think PPV is better? One PPV fight costs as much as a year of DAZN.

BT sports stream is still money for espn+ fights

Comment

Yeah, when I did the math, I figured the Canelo vs Kovalev fight, AJ Ruiz II and Golovkin would be worth getting the app alone but then I saw that they had a lot of other fights too and I went in. Man, so glad I did. But they do need a little more content for week days. Maybe I should pitch them a boxing show hahahaha
                Yeah I don't watch anything other than boxing. They were trying to get the NFL. I guess they have it in other territories. That would make it a must have for alot of people here in the states

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                  Yeah I don't watch anything other than boxing. They were trying to get the NFL. I guess they have it in other territories. That would make it a must have for alot of people here in the states
                  Yeah, a lot of people on here kept saying that the app was a failure but they weren't looking at the big picture. DAZN is in a lot of countries and they show a lot more than boxing and MMA in those other countries. Soccer is huge around the world and DAZN has it in those countries. So I can only imagine how big it is globally. I just love that i can watch the fights on my phone while watching something else on TV hahah

Comment

Originally posted by Double View Post
                    BT sports stream is still money for espn+ fights
                    I will look that up. The streaming sites that were my go to sites, all have too many ads and pop ups now. And a lot of times, after all that, you don't even get to watch the fight you are trying to see. It's frustrating. But I think having ESPN+ and DAZN should give me at least 70% of the bigger fights so I'm good now

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                      Be on ESPN+? Yeah, sorry if you think that is going to happen.

I mean then why not just put Wilder/Fury on ESPN+ then? Why is that fight also heading towards PPV?

I don't know if you are under the impression that ESPN doesn't do PPVs because they have their app, but that is not true. ESPN DOES do PPVs and will continue doing PPVs.

But DAZN and ESPN+ are good values for boxing fans and you can get more than enough boxing from those two apps plus regular ESPN/FOX.
                      That's what I was figuring. And of course it is wishful thinking to have that fight on ESPN+ hahahha. Still not sure I'd pay for it. Unless they have the fight within the next year or so, then it would be worth it.

Comment

Working...
                      X