Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Macklin: Golovkin Looked Old, Canelo Will Now Jump at Trilogy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
    Ggg looked like he always does when he doesn’t fight a can
    What, like the 'can' Canelo in their first fight, when he absolutely dominated boxing's biggest star? That was a clear win, his official record says he never beat Canelo, the reality is he has that scalp on his resume.

I can imagine he isn't the same anymore, I've not seen the full fight yet. Regardless, he's a man from Kazakhstan who against all the odds came into the sport and dominated for years and beat the best in his division. It's a great story.

Comment

Maybe Canelo fake injury to avoid Kovalev to get at GGG

Comment

Originally posted by Gamboal00 View Post
        What, like the 'can' Canelo in their first fight, when he absolutely dominated boxing's biggest star? That was a clear win, his official record says he never beat Canelo, the reality is he has that scalp on his resume.

I can imagine he isn't the same anymore, I've not seen the full fight yet. Regardless, he's a man from Kazakhstan who against all the odds came into the sport and dominated for years and beat the best in his division. It's a great story.
        Lol. He waited for Cotto and Canelo to move up and never challenged himself at 168.

GGG said he was going to fight Canelo Mexican style and simply fought behind a jab as if it were the amateurs. Adelaide Byrd thought that to be gay style in Vegas. Canelo shows footage how American styles can neutralize that style of Russian regimen. Canelo will have to try again in November!

WAR DAZN!

Comment

A lot of Derevyanchenkos success came from his constant fast pace similar to Porter, never giving G enough time to set. Like Porter, Chenko did his best to try to keep G as uncomfortable as possible and slow his work rate by not giving him a chance to throw.

Canelo doesn't fight at that pace at all he's a counter puncher. He would gas trying to fight how Chenko did. It's still a much easier fight for Canelo than the 1st two but I don't think it would be as one sided as people believe.

I said the same thing over and over before Loma-Campbell, Spence Porter, & GGG-Chenko. You guys are giving x fighter too much credit going in and not giving their opponents enough. Then when x fighter underperforms or the opponent does better than expected, you guys cry robbery. Its literally happened in every one of the last 4 big fights...Loma, Fury, Spence, & now GGG.

Comment

GGG, Jacobs, Canelo and Derevychenko are making the 160 division very exciting by fighting one other.
            I hope the 147 division will take a cue from this.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Roa View Post
              Nah dude, he definitely looked old. Throwing single digit punches in some rounds. Eating jabs and straights all night because his legs are straight up shot. Some people can beat father time going up close on 40 and some simply cant. GGG best days are done, his best fights already passed. Such a shame, he did put on some good shows.
              Right. The first thing I pay attention to is footwork. I was once impressed with how GGG moved. Now I’m just surprised how much he’s let his fundamentals erode.

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
                Right. The first thing I pay attention to is footwork. I was once impressed with how GGG moved. Now I’m just surprised how much he’s let his fundamentals erode.
                Yep, his footwork was very uncomfortable out there. Before this fight I was like “GGG is going to destroy Dervy” I was expecting a stoppage around the 7/8th round.

I worked out that Dervy come forward style is exactly what GGG ordered for, but boy did GGG get more than he bargained for, I heard he was ill but it just looked like GGG can’t fight going backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamboal00 View Post

"aBsOlUTelY dOmINaTed"

Comment

Wrong. This makes GGG less attractive to Canelo. At this point Canelo wants to leave a legacy behind that will be remembered long after he retires. Beating a shot GGG does nothing for him. He has more important fights ahead of him, he can unify Vs. the new boogeyman in the division Andrade, or he can start campaigning at 168 vs BJS or Callum Smith.

GGG won't take those fights, Eddie and DAZN will try to preserve him for a possible trilogy after his performance tonight. GGG's career will end how it started, knocking out C level fighters.

Comment

''Looked old'' ?!?!?

He IS old. 24 rds with Nelo aged him terribly.

Comment

Working...
                      X