No announcement yet.

Manny over Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Again dude think before you post. He sparred with Spence regularly. He chose not to fight Thurman. If you want to criticize Thurman over Berto, fair. If you keep saying Thurman and Spence instead of Ghost and Ortiz then your a complete idiot. Imagine the backlash Floyd would face fighting either instead of Ghost in 2013 or Ortiz in 2011. Manny fans post the dumbest sh-t when they are in their feelings.

Look dude you can't change history. Manny had the CW with cotto for the same reason Floyd had the CW with Canelo. You can't make Manny's cw justifiable.

I am not holding Manny to a higher standard. I have posted at least 2 dozen time If he wasn't a titleholder no need for him to fight either Spence or Crawford. As a titleholder, fans want the division unified. That can't happen unless Manny fights one of them.

They fought in multiple weights classes as they grew, Floyd did the same. He didn't grow enough to fight at 160. If that is what you want to criticize him for, ok.
    It was Pacquiao’s first vs a welter. Him and his team weren’t sure if he’d stay at the division, thus Pacquiao asking the ring to keep his lineal 140 title and he even said he might go back. He only vacated around when the Clottey fight rolled in. Which is when they decided he can hang.

Floyd was a champ at 154, fought Hoya and Cotto at 154. He literally just put in a catchweight to drain Canelo, not to even the playing field.
    Last edited by SplitSecond; 10-02-2019, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
      It was Pacquiao’s first vs a welter. Him and his team weren’t sure if he’d stay at the division, thus Pacquiao asking the ring to keep his lineal 140 title and he even said he might go back. He only vacated around when the Clottey fight rolled in. Which is when they decided he can hang.

Floyd was a champ at 154, fought Hoya and Cotto at 154. He literally just out in a catchweight to drain Canelo, not to even the playing field.
      He fought ODH at 147 before he fought Cotto at 145.

This is what I mean about Manny fans. You guys justify anything he does and will make up things that aren't even true.
      Last edited by The Big Dunn; 10-02-2019, 01:53 PM.

Comment

He fought ODH at 147 before he fought Cotto at 145.
        Where was he supossed to fight Hoya? At 143? 140? That fight was just team Pacquiao sticking their necks out there for a mega fight and Roach banking on Hoya not being able to lose the 3lb’s.

Comment

Where was he supossed to fight Hoya? At 143? 140? That fight was just team Pacquiao sticking their necks out there for a mega fight and Roach banking on Hoya not being able to lose the 3lb’s.
          Dude don't change. You posted Cotto was Manny's 1st fight at 147. It wasn't. ODH was. Just admit you got it wrong.

Comment

Dude don't change. You posted Cotto was Manny's 1st fight at 147. It wasn't. ODH was. Just admit you got it wrong.
            Answer the question. And while your at it answer me whether or not Pacquiao held a belt.

Comment

Answer the question. And while your at it answer me whether or not Pacquiao held a belt.
              Come on man, please stop. Just admit your post was wrong and move on. It doesn't matter whether he had a belt or not. It doesn't matter if Manny was just going for a mega fight. You posted Cotto was Manny's 1st fight at ww. That is false.
              Last edited by The Big Dunn; 10-02-2019, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Come on man, please stop. Just admit it your post was wrong and move on. It doesn't matter whether he had a belt or not. It doesn't matter if Manny was just going for a mega fight. You posted Cotto was Manny's 1st fight at ww. That is false.
                No, the original post was as you see it. I edited and was going on a tangent about hoya and cotto but I know how stupid you fools are so have to keep it simple.

Pacquiao went from 135 to 147 to fight hoya who was coming from lmw and everyone knows hoya was drained, no one denies it. He then went back and fought at 140. Cotto was his first welterweight to test the waters. Just like Margarito was his first jnr middleweight fight.

You have two choices in boxing when moving up weight. Either work your way up slowly by fighting bums to adjust to the weight and power or use a catchweight to even the playing field.

Mayweather wasn’t testing the waters. Again, fought hoya, fought cotto at full 154, held a belt and refused to let him unify without draining.

Comment

No, the original post was as you see it. I edited and was going on a tangent about hoya and cotto but I know how stupid you fools are so have to keep it simple.

Pacquiao went from 135 to 147 to fight hoya who was coming from lmw and everyone knows hoya was drained, no one denies it. He then went back and fought at 140. Cotto was his first welterweight to test the waters. Just like Margarito was his first jnr middleweight fight.

You have two choices in boxing when moving up weight. Either work your way up slowly by fighting bums to adjust to the weight and power or use a catchweight to even the playing field.

Mayweather wasn’t testing the waters. Again, fought hoya, fought cotto at full 154, held a belt and refused to let him unify without draining.
                  Dude you over reacted to the portion of the post you bolded and posted something untrue. Just be a man and admit it. Geez.

Margs was his 1st JMW fight, Cotto was not his 1st ww fight. He wasn't testing the waters, he used the CW to even the playing field, same as Floyd did with Canelo. Stop trying to make Manny's cw justifiable and someone else's not.

This thread is about Spence/Manny and not CW so there is no point to continue this.

Comment

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post
                    ????????

i just answered your question. i said of course, it's a better win than brook. algieri and mikey. why cant i bring those names up? those are the guys spence has a win over, the hell??!!. and i see you avoiding MY questions. typical. should of known. later!
                    I'm not avoiding your questions. I have no reason to avoid any of your questions. My point is you're making up your own narrative about what I'm asking you when the only thing I've done is ask you the same questions you've asked me, but I just answered straight up and you're going all around the mulberry bush bringing up like 5 different boxers.

I said I will give Manny full credit if he takes the fight with Spence and beats him.

I asked if you will do the same thing if Spence beats Pac, and you are avoiding just saying yes or no. Seems like you want to hold on to some kind of excuse, obviously.

If you're of the opinion that Pac will win this fight if they are to meet, then there should be absolutely no excuse if he loses. That's the way I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                      I'm not avoiding your questions. I have no reason to avoid any of your questions. My point is you're making up your own narrative about what I'm asking you when the only thing I've done is ask you the same questions you've asked me, but I just answered straight up and you're going all around the mulberry bush bringing up like 5 different boxers.

I said I will give Manny full credit if he takes the fight with Spence and beats him.

I asked if you will do the same thing if Spence beats Pac, and you are avoiding just saying yes or no. Seems like you want to hold on to some kind of excuse, obviously.

If you're of the opinion that Pac will win this fight if they are to meet, then there should be absolutely no excuse if he loses. That's the way I see it.
                      im not sure what you want from this? i said "of course"... now it looks like the problem is not my answer but more of me bringing up guys that spence has a win over. it seems like your problem is with that. well, i cant help you there. those are the fighters on his resume.

Comment

Working...
                      X