Manny over Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
    How can I answer the question for you?

And why do you seem so uptight about this simple discussion. If it bothers you much to discuss this shlt, maybe you shouldn't. Your posts just reek of angst when I have no agenda. You need to relax, dude.
    here you go again, accusing me of being uptight because your not getting the answer you want from me. the question you asked, you just answered it yourself.

using your logic, if spence beat manny, he should be ranked ahead of manny then right? so going by your logic, if spence stops manny (which is what yall is saying will happen if they fight) then that will move him ahead of floyd. you cant have it both ways man.

Comment

How can I answer the question for you?

And why do you seem so uptight about this simple discussion. If it bothers you much to discuss this shlt, maybe you shouldn't. Your posts just reek of angst when I have no agenda. You need to relax, dude.

Again, I was asking because it would mean Spence has a better win at Welter than Pac, based on how you rank even this version of Pac. You seem to think he beats everyone in the welter division even right now. I certainly disagree with that.
      here's one for ya... if manny beat spence, does that move him ahead of floyd?? lol!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post
        proven and resume wise at WW, HE IS!! am i lying???!!!
        Well it's opinion based and not factual. You are welcome to see it that way.

But I certainly can't rank Pac over the other welters at this stage in his career. Certainly he is not the best welter today. He's definitely below Spence and Crawford. And after Porter's last performance, that's not so clear to me. Before I would have thought he has a good chance of taking out Porter, but now I'm not so sure.

Comment

Well it's opinion based and not factual. You are welcome to see it that way.

But I certainly can't rank Pac over the other welters at this stage in his career. Certainly he is not the best welter today. He's definitely below Spence and Crawford. And after Porter's last performance, that's not so clear to me. Before I would have thought he has a good chance of taking out Porter, but now I'm not so sure.
          no, that's not my opinion. that's facts. if you feel that i am wrong, then prove it to me.

Comment

here's one for ya... if manny beat spence, does that move him ahead of floyd?? lol!!!!
            Why is that funny? I made a thread on this very topic. I even mentioned you in it and discussed it with you.

The answer is...maybe. I'm not certain. I think he'd have a very good argument of moving ahead if he takes out Spence, but I lean toward no. One thing is for certain. His argument for being better would be much stronger. Right now, there isn't a doubt in my mind that Floyd is higher. A win over Spence at this stage in Manny's career would certainly make me rethink that some.

Comment

no, that's not my opinion. that's facts. if you feel that i am wrong, then prove it to me.
              Prove to you that it's an opinion. Um...ok. Here is boxrec's rankings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
                I see it different. Manny is a bad matchup for spence. Spence has no foot work, defense or ring iq at the top level. Porter fought a relentless style because spence couldn't stop him from doing it.

Spence wouldn't pull that shlt on a Floyd or a power puncher
                I respect your opinion but it must be noted that Manny and his team are not willing to fight Spence. I think that fact should make you consider your opinion problematic.

Comment

the only reason why they're holding spence to such a high standard is because he gave TBE the work in sparring. if it was any other fighter in the same position as spence, they would call him "unproven".

i cant wait when manny beats him and watch how they gonna spin it. will they finally give manny credit or will they say that spence is never any good? (even tho he gave TBE a busted eye in sparring)... so lets see how this plays out lol. will they admit that pac is just that good, or will they say that spence is never any good.
                  Even if pac will beat spence and crawford the haters will never give pac any credit..

Comment

Why is that funny? I made a thread on this very topic. I even mentioned you in it and discussed it with you.

The answer is...maybe. I'm not certain. I think he'd have a very good argument of moving ahead if he takes out Spence, but I lean toward no. One thing is for certain. His argument for being better would be much stronger. Right now, there isn't a doubt in my mind that Floyd is higher. A win over Spence at this stage in Manny's career would certainly make me rethink that some.
                    see, and this is why your logic is flaw... on most people's ranking, they have floyd as #1, and manny as #2... you're trying to convince me that if spence beat manny then he should be consider as the better fighter, totally ignoring all of pac's accomplishments. but then if pac beat spence then he's still not ahead of floyd. see how flaw your logic is? you acting like floyd is #1 and pac is #9 or something lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      I respect your opinion but it must be noted that Manny and his team are not willing to fight Spence. I think that fact should make you consider your opinion problematic.
                      I can't speak on that fact. I dont know the behind the scene goings on and i tend to stay out of it. So many useless lies told from different teams i just wait until i hear some concret and reliable.

And what youre saying might be true. I had spence beating manny before the mikey and porter fight. And maybe pacs team did too. But after those performances theres no way i think Spence beats manny. Manny is not though guys. Even at 40

Comment

Working...
                      X