No announcement yet.

Manny over Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by john l View Post
    Boy I got to disagree with ya here bro. Porters footwork on inside is underrated imo, not as good as Mannys but much better then he gets credit for. As for Spence not having no power to hurt Pac I strongly disagree. No one has really come close to stopping Porter so I don't think him not stopping Porter shows anything. Pac has been hurt and KOed by lesser punchers then Spence, and his body work would be he ll for Pac imo. Also cant see this version of Pac hurting Spence. Spence is a WHOLE other animal then the Thurman Pac fought and that was a close fight. I really doubt we will see it and cant blame Pac for not wanting that work at 40, but if they do we will have to put a little friendly wager on that one. Take it easy Lopez.
    I dont know bro. Before the mikey fight i would say spence, but now I think i seen enough of spence to see his abilities dont carry to the next level.
    I think the manny that fought Thurman beats the Spence we just seen.

Spence is easily turned and hit. manny will be turning him and hitting him at all different angles all night. Manny hits harder than porter.
    Just my opinion. I hope it comes to fruition.

I def got manny until either of show me different.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Come on man, please stop. Just admit your post was wrong and move on. It doesn't matter whether he had a belt or not. It doesn't matter if Manny was just going for a mega fight. You posted Cotto was Manny's 1st fight at ww. That is false.
      Originally posted by DaBeestEeber View Post
      Spence didn't look good in that fight because of Porter's relentless, mauling style.
      Spence's style is a bad match-up for Manny.
      I see it different. Manny is a bad matchup for spence. Spence has no foot work, defense or ring iq at the top level. Porter fought a relentless style because spence couldn't stop him from doing it.

Spence wouldn't pull that shlt on a Floyd or a power puncher

Comment

• Originally posted by john l View Post
        Boy I got to disagree with ya here bro. Porters footwork on inside is underrated imo, not as good as Mannys but much better then he gets credit for. As for Spence not having no power to hurt Pac I strongly disagree. No one has really come close to stopping Porter so I don't think him not stopping Porter shows anything. Pac has been hurt and KOed by lesser punchers then Spence, and his body work would be he ll for Pac imo. Also cant see this version of Pac hurting Spence. Spence is a WHOLE other animal then the Thurman Pac fought and that was a close fight. I really doubt we will see it and cant blame Pac for not wanting that work at 40, but if they do we will have to put a little friendly wager on that one. Take it easy Lopez.
        lil 135lbs mikey made it to the 12th round. are you saying lil 135lbs mikey is tougher than manny? lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
          I've been saying this from the start that pac will make spence look worse than margarito.
          the only reason why they're holding spence to such a high standard is because he gave TBE the work in sparring. if it was any other fighter in the same position as spence, they would call him "unproven".

i cant wait when manny beats him and watch how they gonna spin it. will they finally give manny credit or will they say that spence is never any good? (even tho he gave TBE a busted eye in sparring)... so lets see how this plays out lol. will they admit that pac is just that good, or will they say that spence is never any good.

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
            lol. There was no reason to draw out the conversation. You now say of course, so I just hope you stand by that and if Pac loses that fight, I hope you don't start making up excuses about why he lost. Just hope you give Spence his full respect.

Interesting question for you. If Spence beats Pac, does he go down in history as a better welterweight than Pac?
            those are the guys that spence has a win over... you acting like i went off topic and brought up guys that has nothing to do with this. it's not my fault his resume is weak, so of course a win over this version of manny is better than anyone on his resume right now.

does douglas goes down as the better HW than m.tyson? dont be silly now. here's one for ya, if spence stops manny, does that moves him ahead of floyd? using your logic back at ya. this should be interesting.

Comment

• I got Pacman beating Spence. Pacquiao never hurt to the body and spence prides himself in his bodywork. Dont need to talk about speed pacman has the edge of course. I see Pac 115-113.

Comment

• Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post
                those are the guys that spence has a win over... you acting like i went off topic and brought up guys that has nothing to do with this. it's not my fault his resume is weak, so of course a win over this version of manny is better than anyone on his resume right now.

does douglas goes down as the better HW than m.tyson? dont be silly now. here's one for ya, if spence stops manny, does that moves him ahead of floyd? using your logic back at ya. this should be interesting.
                Well I meant considering IF he beats Manny and goes on to clear out the division. You seem to think Manny is still the best welter out there besides...maybe Crawford? Or do you think Pac is currently better than Crawford as well?

If Spence stops Manny, personally I don't think that moves him ahead of Floyd. But if he continues to chop through the division, I think it's a question that should be revisited. Let's say he takes out Manny, Swift, Crawford....

then we'd have to at least consider it. Might also depend what he does from thereon out.

The thing is, with the way that you rank even this current version of Manny, a win by Spence would probably mean Spence has a better win at Welter than Pac has, right?

You wouldn't be able to say the same thing for Floyd.
                Last edited by travestyny; 10-03-2019, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Well I meant considering IF he beats Manny and goes on to clear out the division. You seem to think Manny is still the best welter out there besides...maybe Crawford? Or do you think Pac is currently better than Crawford as well?

If Spence stops Manny, personally I don't think that moves him ahead of Floyd. But if he continues to chop through the division, I think it's a question that should be revisited. Let's say he takes out Manny, Swift, Crawford....

then we'd have to at least consider it. Might also depend what he does from thereon out.
                  well, there's your answer for the question you asked, "if spence beat manny does he goes down as the better ww than manny". you just answered your own question. anything else?

Comment

• Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post
                    well, there's your answer for the question you asked, "if spence beat manny does he goes down as the better ww than manny". you just answered your own question. anything else?
                    How can I answer the question for you?

And why do you seem so uptight about this simple discussion. If it bothers you much to discuss this shlt, maybe you shouldn't. Your posts just reek of angst when I have no agenda. You need to relax, dude.

Again, I was asking because it would mean Spence has a better win at Welter than Pac, based on how you rank even this version of Pac. You seem to think he beats everyone in the welter division even right now. I certainly disagree with that.

Comment

The thing is, with the way that you rank even this current version of Manny, a win by Spence would probably mean Spence has a better win at Welter than Pac has, right?

You wouldn't be able to say the same thing for Floyd.
                      proven and resume wise at WW, HE IS!! am i lying???!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X