Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Wilder-Ortiz Dangerous, But Haymon Had To Do It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet Ortiz really wishes he took that AJ fight now...

I’m not a big fan of Ortiz, but the rematch is valid given the competitiveness of the first fight.

If Wilder ends up fighting Ortiz, then Fury, then the winner of AJ v Ruiz in the next 18 months, then I’d be happy to concede he’s building a solid legacy.

There are several good contenders coming through the ranks, so should be some great fights in the next 3 to 4 years.

Comment

Wilder wanted to immediately rematch Fury to remove any doubts about the first fight.

But along comes the piece of crap Bob Arum to get in the way and to feed Fury bums instead.

So Ortiz was the next best available opponent for Deontay.

Comment

Originally posted by nick_viking View Post
        I bet Ortiz really wishes he took that AJ fight now...

I’m not a big fan of Ortiz, but the rematch is valid given the competitiveness of the first fight.

If Wilder ends up fighting Ortiz, then Fury, then the winner of AJ v Ruiz in the next 18 months, then I’d be happy to concede he’s building a solid legacy.

There are several good contenders coming through the ranks, so should be some great fights in the next 3 to 4 years.

I'm thinking Ortiz management went behind his back and made a deal with Haymon to mislead him and not tell him about the money that Hearn offered. Seems to.me from what Arum states is Haymon promised Ortiz a fight with Wilder if he didn't take the Joshua fight but the problem here is Ortiz was not notified by his manager J.Jimminez who was dealing with the situation.

Ortiz really not the brightest guy.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Wilder wanted to immediately rematch Fury to remove any doubts about the first fight.

But along comes the piece of crap Bob Arum to get in the way and to feed Fury bums instead.

So Ortiz was the next best available opponent for Deontay.
          You clearly didn't read the article and missed the part where Haymon maneuvered an Ortiz fight for telling Ortiz team to decline the AJ fight which was done initially by asking for 10 million. Ha

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
            You clearly didn't read the article and missed the part where Haymon maneuvered an Ortiz fight for telling Ortiz team to decline the AJ fight which was done initially by asking for 10 million. Ha
            That happened AFTER Bob Arum stepped in to ruin the immediate Wilder vs Fury rematch which was being negotiated. Much after.

Comment

That happened AFTER Bob Arum stepped in to ruin the immediate Wilder vs Fury rematch which was being negotiated. Much after.
              Arum wanted the Wilder fight next, as in NOW instead of Wallin that can't be because Haymon is Making deals with Ortiz it's why they know he's fighting Wilder in November .

Wilder already knew he was fighting Ortiz if the Fury rematch wasn't in play at that time but he also had a mandatory in Breazeale, in that time Fury has fought Shwartz and now Wallin , there is no fight with Wilder possible until Wilder fights Ortiz so all this jargon means little.

Arum wasn't in the picture well over a month later when Wilder r started crying over locations when he had agreed to a U.K rematch , you can post all you like but these are actual facts. Ha
              Last edited by REDEEMER; 09-13-2019, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
                Arum wanted the Wilder fight next, as in NOW instead of Wallin that can't be because Haymon is Making deals with Ortiz it's why they know he's fighting Wilder in November .

Wilder already knew he was fighting Ortiz if the Fury rematch wasn't in play at that time but he also had a mandatory in Breazeale, in that time Fury has fought Shwartz and now Wallin , there is no fight with Wilder possible until Wilder fights Ortiz so all this jargon means little.

Arum wasn't in the picture well over a month later when Wilder r started crying over locations when he had agreed to a U.K rematch , you can post all you like but these are actual facts. Ha
                Read it and weep. I like to deal with actual facts, not with pushing an agenda like you do.

Fury Signs With Top Rank, ESPN; Wilder Rematch In Jeopardy
                https://www.boxingscene.com/fury-sig...opardy--136375

Comment

Read it and weep. I like to deal with actual facts, not with pushing an agenda like you do.

He's clearly talking about this fight.

Fury wanted the rematch now, Wilder couldn't take it because Haymon promised Ortiz a Wilder fight to duck Joshua. Proving Wilder has no say in who he fights.

Comment

I'm not sure you guys know how to read that link has nothing to do with anything immediately after the first fight or what Wilder did to stall the rematch before Arum was involved that was posted 2 months after the fight which proved my point . Ha

The fight NOW is not possible until.Wilder fights Ortiz so keep believing the Wilder lies that's what you post daily on here .
                    Last edited by REDEEMER; 09-13-2019, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      He's clearly talking about this fight.

Fury wanted the rematch now, Wilder couldn't take it because Haymon promised Ortiz a Wilder fight to duck Joshua. Proving Wilder has no say in who he fights.
                      Yes, let's talk about now and completely forget the past that got us to this point.

Comment

Working...
                      X