Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just watched and scored Parker-Ruiz Jr. for the very first time...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by evets View Post
    He really does. Give that body to some of the poor buggers who are warriors but small and he would be great.
    Yeah, I could sort of get behind the reaction to the Joshua bout, because it was a drab one, and he did lose to someone with two belts.

But then he loses to another contender (as a former world champion) to Dillian Whyte, someone who may or may not belong at top level, and he's like "I guess that's another crate of Foster's for me this weekend, and a kangaroo."

Comment

Poor JP, he need to get himself a rematch before Ruiz loses them belts.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
        Yeah, I could sort of get behind the reaction to the Joshua bout, because it was a drab one, and he did lose to someone with two belts.

But then he loses to another contender (as a former world champion) to Dillian Whyte, someone who may or may not belong at top level, and he's like "I guess that's another crate of Foster's for me this weekend, and a kangaroo."
        The Whyte loss should have been no worse than a draw. That first knockdown was no knockdown. Should have been a few minutes for Parker to try and recover.

Comment

Yikes, I could have warned you not to put yourself though that. That fight got a good bit of hype, then completely shat the bed.

Comment

I felt like almost every round was close and could go either way until the last few.

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
            Ok then, which 8 rounds would go for Ruiz then?

We'll wait

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Yikes, I could have warned you not to put yourself though that. That fight got a good bit of hype, then completely shat the bed.
              Bad, wasn't it? How can you cry robbery when you waited 9 rounds before taking your bra off?

Comment

I recall I had Ruiz winning but it was close and I'm not gonna go back and watch that crap. Remember the ref letting Parker grab all night.

Comment

Exactly the same scorecard as what I had at the time.

At the end of the day, the only people screaming robbery, aren't doing so because of what they saw in the ring - they're doing it based on who they wanted to win.

Comment

I had 8-4 Ruiz I believe (may have been 7-5 but as you mentioned, close rounds)

I've never said it was a robbery though, that gets thrown around for any time someone doesn't agree with the scorecards. Ruiz losing a close SD in Parkers home country though, and the head of NZ Boxing stepping down after the fight claiming he was disgusted with the hometown decision - that's why people say "robbery"

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                      Round 5 was pretty close.

But really it was who do you give the round to - the guy doing **** all, or the guy doing slightly more than **** all?
                      Good point. That statement reminds me of Fury v Klitschko.

Parker was much, much more active from what I saw.

Comment

Working...
                      X