Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just watched and scored Parker-Ruiz Jr. for the very first time...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could see 116-112 either way or anything in between.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
      Never seen this fight before. Well, I say "fight".

Fuck me. When I hear a fight is "controversial", I expect the controversy to be the choice between the two fighters... not a choice between whether I want to fall into a coma or cut my own **** off out of boredom.

It's okay for Ruiz to go "I thought I won that", but the daft cunt didn't even take his bra off until the last three rounds. He was trudging around with those slow feet of his like Carl Froch in a bear trap wading through treacle.

Parker did his "jab and move", and it went his way for me. Here's how I scored the cunt, on my official score card:

1: Parker
      2: Ruiz
      3: Parker
      4: Parker
      5: Parker (all of the first 9 rounds were pretty close IMO, but this was the closest)
      6: Parker
      7: Parker
      8: Ruiz
      9: Parker
      10: Ruiz
      11: Ruiz
      12: Ruiz

So 115-113 Parker for me.

Ruiz has fast hands but SLOW feet. I just think, if you're gonna go on camera and say "I won that heavyweight championship of the world, yer cunts", then throw some punches FFS.

I'm not saying Parker was exactly breaking the compubox records either, but at least he was doing SOMETHING. For a lot of the early to mid rounds Ruiz was trudging around frustrated like someone had told him McDonald's were closing early.

Shit fight that was, why did I bother? Make "controversy" and "robberies" about fight that can at least keep you AWAKE.
      Good post, actually. I watched it live and Ruiz just wasn't busy enough and did no real damage to Parker. Easy fight to score IMO

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
        I could see 116-112 either way or anything in between.
        Ok then, which 8 rounds would go for Ruiz then?

We'll wait

Comment

... this was the first time ever that a Male World title was contested in New Zealand and the first time a Heavyweight World Title was contested in New Zealand.

... who would have had expected another outcome from such a fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
            Ok then, which 8 rounds would go for Ruiz then?

We'll wait
            Round 5 was pretty close.

But really it was who do you give the round to - the guy doing **** all, or the guy doing slightly more than **** all?

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              ... this was the first time ever that a Male World title was contested in New Zealand and the first time a Heavyweight World Title was contested in New Zealand.

... who would have had expected another outcome from such a fight?
              People use that to beat Parker with, but I had him winning fair and square.

Comment

tbh, considering the Parker-Joshua fight was similarly uneventful, and Ruiz was largely contained by Parker, I can see why people would have put 2 + 2 and made 5.

No, it's "your".

There's no "point", I just wanted to watch this Ruiz cat and see more of him. So I scored the fight and told you about it.

I didn't say anything about him now. I'm surprised you didn't call me a "bias Brit" while you're at it. Chill and get yourself some tacos, amigo.
                Aww look at the Brit with his "Proper English." Well pip pip cheerio to you ole mate!

And tacos over Marmite and fish sticks anyday mate.

Comment

What annoys me about Parker is how readily he accepts defeat.

"Strewth, yeah, I lost that one, sport. Ah well, never mind, back to me barbie, eh?"
                  He really does. Give that body to some of the poor buggers who are warriors but small and he would be great.

Comment

Never seen this fight before. Well, I say "fight".

Fuck me. When I hear a fight is "controversial", I expect the controversy to be the choice between the two fighters... not a choice between whether I want to fall into a coma or cut my own **** off out of boredom.

It's okay for Ruiz to go "I thought I won that", but the daft cunt didn't even take his bra off until the last three rounds. He was trudging around with those slow feet of his like Carl Froch in a bear trap wading through treacle.

Parker did his "jab and move", and it went his way for me. Here's how I scored the cunt, on my official score card:

1: Parker
                    2: Ruiz
                    3: Parker
                    4: Parker
                    5: Parker (all of the first 9 rounds were pretty close IMO, but this was the closest)
                    6: Parker
                    7: Parker
                    8: Ruiz
                    9: Parker
                    10: Ruiz
                    11: Ruiz
                    12: Ruiz

So 115-113 Parker for me.

Ruiz has fast hands but SLOW feet. I just think, if you're gonna go on camera and say "I won that heavyweight championship of the world, yer cunts", then throw some punches FFS.

I'm not saying Parker was exactly breaking the compubox records either, but at least he was doing SOMETHING. For a lot of the early to mid rounds Ruiz was trudging around frustrated like someone had told him McDonald's were closing early.

Shit fight that was, why did I bother? Make "controversy" and "robberies" about fight that can at least keep you AWAKE.

yea that wasn't a robbery

casual fans are fkn morons

I can see a draw or a close nod to Parker... but would struggle to insist that Ruiz won that fight

the judges were **** on... like they are in most fights

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                      Aww look at the Brit with his "Proper English." Well pip pip cheerio to you ole mate!

And tacos over Marmite and fish sticks anyday mate.

I agree with that actually. Just playing with you, homie.

Comment

Working...
                      X