Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Under Fire Over Human Rights in Saudi Arabia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been keeping up with the news, Anthony Joshua is under NO fire about all this anyway. At the end of the day this is a bit of a nothing story.

Comment

• Originally posted by makaveli1875 View Post
      He is and iv heard AJ's boyfriend is also gay so i guess they will have to watch it on TV
      Does AJ want to get pregnant like Wilder ?

Comment

• Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
        I've been keeping up with the news, Anthony Joshua is under NO fire about all this anyway. At the end of the day this is a bit of a nothing story.
        The site really lacks good articles unfortunately, its mostly lies .,im looking for new forums TBH ,theres not many good ones though but there more legit it seems.

Comment

• Of course the British won’t hold Anthony Joshua accountable for fighting in a country that kills journalist and gays and oppresses women.

It’s not like he could have chosen to fight anywhere else in the world or anything like that.

Comment

• Human right have been breached in SA for as long as you can remember.
            One example is war crimes, and the UK is happy to sell arms to SA. The BBC probably won't be too vocal on that one though since they are puppets for the government.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
              I agree and I get all that. However, he is only coming to that country to provide entertainment and nothing else.
              Sure but isnt part of the deal is that AJ gots to talk up/sell or whatever you wanna call it the country. To me that seems a little above & beyond normal sh^t & why Id argue Andy in a different sitiuation then AJ is with this.

I am not saying what he is doing is right because many athletes in the past and currently are using their high profiles as political soap boxes, in order to effect social change and address some of the social issues like racial injustice that is plaguing our society.

It's alright for athletes to criticize other countries for their human rights violations. However, once those same athletes turn those protests inwardly and start criticizing the misuse, abuse and mistreatment of racial minorities in their own country then the media and the press has a real problem with that.

It's the hypocrisy of it all that I have a problem with. These very same athletes are often, rejected, persecuted and ostracized from the rest of society, once they take a stand against the societal wrongs and injustices that continue to plague our country.
              I think its very likely AJ gots a blindspot with things most non-muslims would consider weird sh^t at best & crimes against their own people at worst. I kinda feel like he didnt have a clue how harshly some media would judge this.

And Eddie likely just seen the number & he was in cuz hes a master of spin anyway as any high level promoter is so this is just part of the game to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by evets View Post
                This is not a surprise. Saudi are throwing money at people trying to make it a destination like Las Vegas.
                Good f#cking luck to them with that.

Come to Vegas, get drunk, get high legally or illegally (can't tell you how many times I've been offered cocaine here casually as f#ck by mfers I aint even hanging with), see t^tties walking down the street, buy some p#ssy & gambling on virtually everything.

Or go to Saudi Arabia & pray 5 times a day, dont eat for a month every year, check out some girls eyeballs through the crack in their full body curtain dress & get some lashes for drinking alcohol or some other basic sh^t.

Saudi Arabia is like reverse Las Vegas. Not a lot of mfers are ever gonna wanna go there for no vacation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sangy View Post
                  Haters? Things 'go different' for him? Let's talk about how different things go for him.

When he fights in the UK the ref gives people warnings for punching him in the face. Joshua grabs people by the back of the head and hauls them into uppercuts and people say "great punch". If you hurt Joshua in the UK, the ref calls a stop to give him a breather.

Let's talk about why someone would hate AJ. He hasn't a single win against a legitimate opponent on his record other than Joseph Parker, and in that fight the ref basically handcuffed Parker and gave AJ a bat. He cheated the entire fight and every time he was in trouble, the ref called for a rest.

He BARELY managed a win over Klitschko, but let's not pretend this was really Klitschko. This was a Klitschko who not only lost BADLY to Tyson Fury then took 2 years off. This Klitschko had, 2 years prior, made a serious fight out of facing Francesco Pianetta. That's right, the same Pianetta that fans ridiculed Tyson Fury for fighting in his comeback. The same Pianetta that a fat, barely-moving Tyson Fury made look like a child taking his first boxing lesson. THAT is how far gone Wladmir Klitschko was when Anthony Joshua got to him.

So why the haters? It's because he's a paper champion that was gifted star status for not reason other than he was pretty and produced knockouts. With no real boxing skill to speak of, AJ was held up by paid-off officials and a UK boxing scene so corrupt that fighters feel more comfortable fighting in RUSSIA than in Britain.
                  I won't argue your claims as most of them are true tho but it still goes down to been hating on the guy

you said Joshua grabs people by the back of the head and hauls them into uppercuts right?

it very easy to find faults or downgrade his achievement if you hating on him

what Wilder do mostly to land his right hand ?
                  uses his left hand to hold opponent's head then swing back his right hand to land,
                  or uses the left hand to drop people's guide just to expose the head and land his right hand, either,

was he not given extra minutes to recover when Ortiz hurt him ?

s**t happens here and there in boxing you can't hate a guy all because you think he's being hyped or been given home advantage by the refs.

I just love boxing, mostly I don't really cares who wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Sure, but I feel like a lot of mfers who rarely complain are complaining about this one.

Lol whos not letting them fight?

People ALWAYS talk about various aspects of a fight, a opponent choice, location, weight, etc when a fight get announced. This fight is just like all the rest in that way & for a fight this big being in a backwards country stands out to virtually everyone. Would be more weird if no one was talking about.
                    Personally i don't care what LGBTQ people do in and i let them live the life what they want, and i also don't care how Saudi's choose to run their society with their various sorts of punishments, and it's none of my business either, since i believe there is no absolute wrong and right in life and also i couldn't be bother to care tbh

Comment

• y

Originally posted by EL_GRINGO View Post
                      i believe there is no absolute wrong and right in life
                      So kid f#cking, raping & murder aren't absolute wrongs to you?

What would okay kid f#cking to you?

Comment

Working...
                      X