Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trainer: Yarde Had Kovalev Out; Showed He Belongs At This Level

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else rewatch the round in question? Kovalev was hurt, but not NEARLY as hurt as I thought he was. He clinched up once, but after that he was throwing back with Yarde.

Comment

Yarde won only two rounds. Of course there was experience difference but just because Yarde rocked Kovalev doesn't mean he belongs world champion level. Yarde won't get that level unless he changes his trainer.

Comment

yard hit kovalev with everything he had and could not put him down never mind out kovalev hit's yard with one (1) light jab and yard don't even try to get up

Comment

He NEEDS to develop a meaningful jab for Yarde and maybe stop defending with his face? Get these two things sorted and Yarde can ruffle feathers.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            Anyone else rewatch the round in question? Kovalev was hurt, but not NEARLY as hurt as I thought he was. He clinched up once, but after that he was throwing back with Yarde.
            Ye exactly my thought, when i watched it live on stream it looked like he was about to get stopped, then when i rewatched on the BT Sport full fight upload on youtube and i saw it in HD it didnt look as bad as i remembered, he was hurt no doubt but he wasnt ready to go just yet

Comment

Originally posted by fredo [!] View Post
              Ye exactly my thought, when i watched it live on stream it looked like he was about to get stopped, then when i rewatched on the BT Sport full fight upload on youtube and i saw it in HD it didnt look as bad as i remembered, he was hurt no doubt but he wasnt ready to go just yet
              Yup! Rewatched it, and the moment Kov looked most hurt I looked down at the clock and there was over 1:35 left in the round and I thought "oh...maybe he isn't that hurt" and then about 30 seconds ago he had Yarde slumped over the ropes after he missed a hook. Yarde won the round, but it was a lot more even than it seemed live.

Comment

He was pretty well spent when the bell went to end the 8th but he was never rocked. I think he just lost his 1st wind he during that round as Yarde had some success but Krush definitely got his 2nd wind thereafter coz he looked fresh as f* towards the end. It was impressive for a 36 yr old LHW.

Comment

Yarde got knocked the fock out, showed nothing apart from a chin.

Comment

Rewatched it yesterday, thought the same

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
                      Yarde got knocked the fock out, showed nothing apart from a chin.
                      I'll admit I pushed for Yarde, I like underdogs, but Yarde went down from a jab. His chin is highly suspect.

Comment

Working...
                      X