No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev's Scare Shows Importance Of Making Canelo Bout Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by observer View Post
    I feel like all these analyses downplay the abilities of Yarde. Hope Yarde can have a fight with someone meaningful at 175 before long so that we could see whether Kovalev was not at his best or whether Yarde was that good. Personally, I think Yarde is better than people give him credit for.
    Yarde had 18 pro fights and 12 amateur fights. He also doesn't spare. There might be raw potential there but 100% Canelo is catching Kovalev at the right time.

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
      Man I hope they keep pumping canelos chances up and making his “odds” better.

If this fight is at 175lbs with no rehydration clause, I would put good money on canelo losing.

A blown up middleweight who would get jabbed all night long and tire out due to excessive muscle mass.

I’m surprised so many people are confident it’d be competitive.

Canelos only chance is to enforce either a catchweight or rehydration clause. Or both
      Check out Alvarez's weigh in vs Fielding.
      At 167 lbs, Alvarez is shredded.
      He looks to be about 10% or less body fat.
      Even adding an additional 8 lbs, he'll be a solid 175 lbs.

Comment

Then Fight Canelo!!!

Comment

In my opinion, fight would be awful. Yarde showed Kovalev is washed up. Only person that wins is Kovalev, fans lose because he is done! Cash out ONLY. Canelo vs Sauders different. Saunders in prime. But they won't make that!

Comment

Nobody asked for Canelo Vs Kovalev?

If Canelo doesn't drain him it will be a great fight, but I doubt he won't

Comment

The "pass" Canelo gets in avoiding legitimate bouts at middleweight is mind-boggling.

What massive fan base was/is clamoring for this(Kova vs. Canelo) matchup? I'll wait.

Comment

As a neutral, I'd be very interested in Canelo vs. Kovalev. I don't really like either of these guys.
                But it will be really intriguing to see if Canelo can take Kovalev's power and get inside to work Kovalev's body.

Betfair and Paddy Power apparently both have Kovalev as a huge underdog at 9/2 odds (!). But we have to wait for the contractual details. If it's a legit 175 with no rehydration clause it seems like close to a 50/50 fight.

Comment

Let me tell you'all this.
                  I'have been never a canelo fan. But he right now the money machine.
                  And he will win against Kovalev.
                  I never seen this mexican on the deck.
                  Then coming who knows.

Comment

What does "now" mean though? Fight in early November?

If that's the case, then it seems more important for Canelo to make it "now."

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                      Writer for boxing establishment website: (My personal interpretation)

Yeah 9 weeks is too soon.

Kov shouldnt be sparring for the next month atleast.

So then that is 5 weeks left. Then you shouldnt spar the final week of the fight. So that is 4 weeks of an actual fight camp. That isnt enough time.

Even when Canelo fought right after GGG 2, that was 12 weeks out and against a soft touch where he took no damage.

Comment

Working...
                      X