No announcement yet.

Why did AJ not get extra time in NY?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    They don’t do it whenever someone gets knocked down though. They do it when they think the fighter is at risk. Did any of you think Joshua was at risk after the third round? Hindsight is 20/20 but at the time everyone was saying Joshua was gonna come back and kill Andy in round 4.
    Am going by the rules everyone put up here, instead of people coming out and accepting that what happened in the Wilder/Ortiz fight was indeed shady, they would rather come up with different excuse/scenarios.

Fact was Ruiz and Joshua both suffered knock downs in the third round, Wilder didn’t suffer any knock downs, he walked with his own two feet’s back to his corner. The doctor then had that time interval to check up on him or any fighter that has been knocked down.

Now, why did the doctor not do that at the interval for the Wilder/Ortiz fight? Why did he do it right after the bell around to beginning the 8th round? And why didn’t we see the same thing on the Ruiz and Joshua fight?

My answer is quite simple.... It was a shady move to give the home fighter (Wilder) more time.

Let’s see your answer/reply if you would acknowledge it does look su****ious.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Am going by the rules everyone put up here, instead of people coming out and accepting that what happened in the Wilder/Ortiz fight was indeed shady, they would rather come up with different excuse/scenarios.

Fact was Ruiz and Joshua both suffered knock downs in the third round, Wilder didn’t suffer any knock downs, he walked with his own two feet’s back to his corner. The doctor then had that time interval to check up on him or any fighter that has been knocked down.

Now, why did the doctor not do that at the interval for the Wilder/Ortiz fight? Why did he do it right after the bell around to beginning the 8th round? And why didn’t we see the same thing on the Ruiz and Joshua fight?

My answer is quite simple.... It was a shady move to give the home fighter (Wilder) more time.

Let’s see your answer/reply if you would acknowledge it does look su****ious.
      It’s not su****ious because I’ve seen it done in a handful of fights in New York over the past year, always at the start of the next round (because the corner is entitled to their 60 seconds) just off the top of my head if happened in Thurman/Lopez, Beterbiev/Hot Rod (twice) it’s happened a bunch. Pretty sure it happened in Rigo’s last fight, and others will add to the list also. Just because someone is knocked down doesn’t mean it happens, it’s based on punishment. Basically if they think the fight should be close to being stopped.

If you think that either Joshua or Ruiz had taken that much punishment, cool. But if not it’s a non issue IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by cally83 View Post
        I meant the actual 4th knock down. Go watch it. He hits the floor, 24 seconds later he's waved off. The referee gave him more than every chance. I think the thread poster has some Joshua/Wilder agenda.
        Ok, my bad! In any case, it's true. He was given more than an extra amount of time to recover. Moreover, I agree with you. It's obvious that the OP has an agenda against Deontay Wilder.

Comment

It’s not su****ious because I’ve seen it done in a handful of fights in New York over the past year, always at the start of the next round (because the corner is entitled to their 60 seconds) just off the top of my head if happened in Thurman/Lopez, Beterbiev/Hot Rod (twice) it’s happened a bunch. Pretty sure it happened in Rigo’s last fight, and others will add to the list also. Just because someone is knocked down doesn’t mean it happens, it’s based on punishment. Basically if they think the fight should be close to being stopped.

If you think that either Joshua or Ruiz had taken that much punishment, cool. But if not it’s a non issue IMO.
          It is an issue according to the rule makers on boxingscene. That was the excuse back then. Due to NY trying to prevent what happened to the boxer that got injured. Cool, now Ruiz and Joshua took not only punishment but there was a total 3 KD between them in the third round.

Why wasn’t either one of them checked by the doctor AFTER the bell has rang for the 4th round?

And I don’t remember the doctor coming in AFTER the bell rang for Thurman/Lopez and Bet/hov.

Comment

Wrong, I didn’t see the doctor checking Ruiz or Joshua after the 3rd when they both suffered KD.... Why is that? The fight was in New York right?

I was told that’s the norm after we questioned why a doctor would check Wilder AFTER the bell has already rang for the 8th round.

So why wasn’t that same rules applied to Ruiz and Joshua between the 3rd and 4th round?
            they were kd yes but they wasnt getting beat to a pulp almost like ortiz did to wilder for almost a whole minute... AJ was actually fighting back etc.... he was more gassed out/out of it in the 7th round

holy crap ya reaching right now with this.

Comment

They don’t do it whenever someone gets knocked down though. They do it when they think the fighter is at risk. Did any of you think Joshua was at risk after the third round? Hindsight is 20/20 but at the time everyone was saying Joshua was gonna come back and kill Andy in round 4.

Hell, there are fans on this board who are saying even after the fight Joshua was never hurt, and two of the knockdowns were pushes...so yeah lol
              BS.

Nobody was saying that.

And that's irrelevant anyway because it's the doctor's call to check if the fighter is OK, not fans'.

Both Wilder and Joshua both walked to their corners on shaky legs and were visibly hurt but only one of them was checked by the doc. Wonder why.

Comment

It is an issue according to the rule makers on boxingscene. That was the excuse back then. Due to NY trying to prevent what happened to the boxer that got injured. Cool, now Ruiz and Joshua took not only punishment but there was a total 3 KD between them in the third round.

Why wasn’t either one of them checked by the doctor AFTER the bell has rang for the 4th round?

And I don’t remember the doctor coming in AFTER the bell rang for Thurman/Lopez and Bet/hov.
                I gave my opinion on why.

And they were after the opening bell. The second time Hot Rod got checked (start of the final round) you can hear him tell the ref “any more unprotected punishment and call the fight.”

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                  they were kd yes but they wasnt getting beat to a pulp almost like ortiz did to wilder for almost a whole minute... AJ was actually fighting back etc.... he was more gassed out/out of it in the 7th round

holy crap ya reaching right now with this.
                  Of course Joshua was getting beat to a pulp, did you even see that fight? He never recovered from that temple shot and wasn't fighting back. Landing a few jabs while your opponent is walking you down and throwing leather at you at will isn't fighting back.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                    BS.

Nobody was saying that.

And that's irrelevant anyway because it's the doctor's call to check if the fighter is OK, not fans'.

Both Wilder and Joshua both walked to their corners on shaky legs and were visibly hurt but only one of them was checked by the doc. Wonder why.
                    Few people have said it. Curtis Harper has been the most vocal. And many others are saying josh was only fatigued.

But sure, we can just say it’s a massive conspiracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                      Of course Joshua was getting beat to a pulp, did you even see that fight? He never recovered from that temple shot and wasn't fighting back. Landing a few jabs while your opponent is walking you down and throwing leather at you at will isn't fighting back.
                      So end of the third round you thought the fight was basically over then?

Comment

Working...
                      X