Collapse
No announcement yet.

Porter is a 5-1 underdog vs Spence. How disrespectful

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Porter only has some decent level of accuracy in his punches....

Comment

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
      I'm not impressed by Spence at all.
      His claim to fame was giving Floyd a hard time in sparring.
      He beat a dwarf in Garcia and a shot broken down Brook who took a beating by GGG resulting in a broken face, and then had to lose a bunch of weight to fight spence. And was whooping Spence ass the first few rounds

Porter is going to make Spence uncomfortable..
      Porter will score at least 5 touchdowns.

I do believe uncle Al wont let Spence lose a decision but this fight will be a lot closer than people think.

What happens when Porter gashes Spence eye with a headbutt early in the fight?? How will he respond?

We have seen Porter go through plenty of adversity
      He's going to eat Porter alive and I'm going to bump this thread lol.

Comment

Those odds do seem to underrate Porter but then again I still wouldn't bet on him, Spence is just that bit better and has the look of a fighter at their absolute peak. Not that Porter is past prime but he didn't look so hot last time out. He had a tough, skilled opponent tbf to him but if he'd won that one a bit clearer I'd have more confidence in him here.

Comment

The odds seem a little long, but probably in the right ball park.
          Porter is a good fighter but I don't give him any real chance of winning.

Hopefully Spence goes back to his usual swarming style. It's what works best for him.

Comment

I think Porter will make Spence work and I think a lot of the rounds will be competitive but I just don’t see an avenue to a win here for Porter. I think I see what others are seeing when they are considering their bet. 5-1 sounds right to me.

Comment

Way too wide, it’s close to a 50-50 fight. But how much juicing Spence managed to get in before fighting the newly deflated Porter(since winning the WBC) is also something to take into account. If it’s Spence with less juice in his system like he did vs Garcia it’s another fight.

Comment

Porter will outfight those odds and he definitely has a chance to win. I think he's underrated in this fight. Spence really doesn't have a signature win with a real 147 pounder. Kell Brook was already soft by the time he got him. Mike Garcia is a little boy fighting in a man's division.

Comment

odds seem fairly wide but hardly anyone is picking porter to win so the bookmakers have to do something to tempt the gamblers in

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
                    Porter will outfight those odds and he definitely has a chance to win. I think he's underrated in this fight. Spence really doesn't have a signature win with a real 147 pounder. Kell Brook was already soft by the time he got him. Mike Garcia is a little boy fighting in a man's division.
                    Agreed. I dropped $300 on Porter. Spence fought the little mikey and hasn't been tested in awhile. Porter really had to fight Ugas who was physically superior to Porter in every way.

$300 on porter is money well spent imo.
                    Last edited by HitmanTommy; 08-08-2019, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                      Way too wide, it’s close to a 50-50 fight. But how much juicing Spence managed to get in before fighting the newly deflated Porter(since winning the WBC) is also something to take into account. If it’s Spence with less juice in his system like he did vs Garcia it’s another fight.
                      Spence juicing? Based on what?

Comment

Working...
                      X