Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ruiz Dares Joshua: You Can Whoop Me in Tijuana? Prove It!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is just ****ing stupid. Honor your contract fat boy or go to court. Simple.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      We’ve been hearing it’s a done deal since late June...
      Wanted to contribute my 2cents to the whole " rematch venue announcement non-announcements".
      IMO, only plausible "something wrong with the contract" scenarios could be
      #1. It could be possible that there's a discrepancy regarding if and all the belts must/will be in possession and on the line for the rematch
      #2. Ruiz/PBC are threatening to stall if they are forced to go to the UK, during which time they would vacate titles or would not contest being stripped if so mandated.
      #3 Ruiz/PBC is daring Matchroom to sue them, which again is to stall
      time for a result in the belts being scattered.(I wouldnt be surprised if Al Haymon assured Ruiz he got him covered monetarily)

What is considerably a much more realistic explanation than the above is that this is all an orchestrated move by Matchroom in the build up to the fight and to keep it relevant in the public conscious in order to minimize the time where interested casual fans could start to lose their enthusiasm or forget about the fight. All the while bouncing offers from venues wishing to host in order to squeeze the most lucrative deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        We’ve been hearing it’s a done deal since late June...
        Stay tuned.

Comment

• AJ never looked in control in his fight with Ruiz Jr., save the knock down in the 3rd round

Comment

• Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            So Hearn is his promoter now? LOL

Ruiz has Al Haymon, the big guns in boxing. If he was able to get away from slick old Bob Arum from an actual contract, he has nothing to worry here. AJ should worry, he looks like a complete coward right now.
            Give me a case where Al Haymon has gotten a boxer out of a rematch clause from another promoter? Cite me the case...I'll wait.

Oh and Bob Arum released Andy Ruiz, not the other way around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              That's what promoters are paid to do! It's called "hype!" Eddie signed a guy who had fought on April 20th, for a fight on June 1st! He just had no idea how that was going to backfire!
              So you're a mind reader now....okay.

This is all a moot point anyway, Andy Ruiz will defend his title at the date, time and venue of Team Joshua choosing as pursuant to the rematch clause.

Comment

• Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
                So you're a mind reader now....okay.

This is all a moot point anyway, Andy Ruiz will defend his title at the date, time and venue of Team Joshua choosing as pursuant to the rematch clause.
                I agree with you there! What's been done, can't be undone! Andy Ruiz brutalized Joshua in his U.S. debut, with only 5 weeks to train! It's history now, it's in the books! The rematch will not take that away! Snickers...CUT THE CHECK!

Comment

• Originally posted by OnlytheTruth View Post
                  Seriously?
                  You can't see the connection between the Thread title and me stating that Joshua has the power to knock Ruiz down and that Ruiz won the fight mainly because of a heavy temple shot.

How is that not clear?
                  Comments Thread For: Ruiz Dares Joshua: You Can Whoop Me in Tijuana? Prove It!

Whats that got to do with Ruiz asking AJ to fight in MX?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    I agree with you there! What's been done, can't be undone! Andy Ruiz brutalized Joshua in his U.S. debut, with only 5 weeks to train! It's history now, it's in the books! The rematch will not take that away! Snickers...CUT THE CHECK!
                    I agree with you 100%...no matter where the fight is, Ruiz will beat again because Joshua doesn't know how he lost.

Ruiz has the fastest handspeed for any current heavyweight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
                      It is a done deal...Ruiz has no choice.

Either fight where Team Joshua wants the fight or retire from Boxing.

Because taking another fight with another promoter thereby breaking his contract with Hearn will get Ruiz (and that promoter) taken to court and sued.
                      If it was a done deal it would be signed and done
                      No date , no venue , to me means fugh all is done
                      Show me facts , then I’ll take your word for it

Comment

Working...
                      X