Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Max Kellerman: Manny Pacquiao has a case for the best pound-for-pound fighter ever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by South Champion View Post
    In my original post, I didn't say that Max said he thinks Pacquiao is the best ever. I understand what he's saying, Pacquiao has a case for the title of best ever.
    This part "but all time pound for pound fighter of all time is probably a bit of a stretch" insinuates Max has made that claim.

If the claim, as you agree, is that Pac has a case, along with a handful of other fighters, there is no argument. There is no controversy. It's simple, of course Pac has such a claim/case.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      This part "but all time pound for pound fighter of all time is probably a bit of a stretch" insinuates Max has made that claim.

If the claim, as you agree, is that Pac has a case, along with a handful of other fighters, there is no argument. There is no controversy. It's simple, of course Pac has such a claim/case.
      I think that Pac has a case, but I don't have him as #1 all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        1) the answer is clearly obvious
        2) the answer was in the post you replied to

Historians use this system.....

who did you beat, with consideration given to when/how

with some consideration also given to losses

you use the SAME criteria, for ALL fighters... all of today's junk and ABC accolades are rubbish... that way we can compare across era's

I understand that you are completely unable to do that... because that would require you to have an EXCELLENT understanding of the opponents/era... me neither, not without research

which is why historians know much more than you and I

that system is just plain ol common-sense... no boxing knowledge required
        i am afraid you did not again address the points i raised...

and you are very inclined to contradict yourself...

comparing eras.....and yet you are fixated to one era!?

what kind of historians you allude to if one is to only consider one era?....you can not ignore the niceties of the world you live in today....wake up! John L. Sullivan was great on his time...the era he fought in was long gone..but to ignore what we have today just to romanticize his past is futile and like having a tunnel vision...

Comment

• Self-proclaimed "TBE" was cheering ecstatically for the Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Originally posted by tangalog2200 View Post
            i am afraid you did not again address the points i raised...

and you are very inclined to contradict yourself...

comparing eras.....and yet you are fixated to one era!?

what kind of historians you allude to if one is to only consider one era?....you can not ignore the niceties of the world you live in today....wake up! John L. Sullivan was great on his time...the era he fought in was long gone..but to ignore what we have today just to romanticize his past is futile and like having a tunnel vision...

to ignore the past is ignorant

when you need to quote romantic achievements, rather than quote names..... you know you lost

Comment

• Pacquiao definitely has a strong case for the greatest fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                to ignore the past is ignorant

when you need to quote romantic achievements, rather than quote names..... you know you lost
                focus my boy focus....

"to ignore the past is ignorant" ........and to ignore today is not!? ha ha ha

you love to point out that there were only a few class and titles before....that today there are so many....and yet, that being said you completely ignore that even with so many famous fighters today, oscars, b-hop, floyd etc etc...included only 1 has achieved winning on 8 weight class....

Comment

• Originally posted by tangalog2200 View Post
                  focus my boy focus....

"to ignore the past is ignorant" ........and to ignore today is not!? ha ha ha

you love to point out that there were only a few class and titles before....that today there are so many....and yet, that being said you completely ignore that even with so many famous fighters today, oscars, b-hop, floyd etc etc...included only 1 has achieved winning on 8 weight class....

nobody ignored the largely-unproven mid-level welter, Thurman

he simply isn't that memorable

his best win is scraping past another mid-level guy, Shawn Porter..... and that was 3 years ago

only silly casual-fans think that the number of divisions you represented has anything to do with greatness

FACT: there are fighters greater than Pac, who only ever fought in 1 division

the number of divisions mean nothing

when you have to mention rubbish that is not genuine criteria for greatness..... rather than names, which is the ONLY genuine criteria for greatness..... then you know you lost

1) the divisions you refer to did not even exist back when many great fighters were campaigning..... so, WHO FKN CARES?

2) even if divisions were relevant, and they are not.....not even silly casual-fans think that Pac was ever a JMW, let alone a JMW champ..... Pac never fought and beat the best above 130, so mentioning those divisions is pointless..... and what about at featherweight, FACT: Manny never won a title at featherweight

people LITERALLY just give him a sympathy title at featherweight..... which is INSANE

it is literally insane to award a fighter a title that he did not win..... just because it makes a cool story bro

current era fools go lala over Pac..... future historians will not, they will keep it real..... all of the usual nonsense that happens before/after every Pac fight will not be remembered by historians..... they will look at names, nothing else, because they hype and nonsense will be all gone by then

who did you beat, with consideration given to when/how

that is all that matters

oh, how could I forget..... there is also some (not as much, but some) consideration given to..... LOSSES!!

Comment

• Mayweather is not top 10

wtf ?

his best win is probably Pacquiao... so, stop shltting on guys who climbed MUCH higher mountains than Mt Pacquiao

plenty of fighters who are NOT as good as the top 10 ATG's, beat Pac... and those ATG's beat guys that would be favored over Pacquiao..... so, wtf?..... those guys simply climbed higher mountains than Mayweather

he is maybe 20'ish, AT BEST..... and I would really need to sit down and take a good look before signing off that statement as well

and no, Pac is not higher than Mayweather you fkn tools LMAO

there is literally NOTHING tangible to support that notion

I would not leave a casual-fan in charge of a wheelbarrow

Comment

• If by some miracle that there is a boxer that become a 6 division champion and fighter of the decade never mind being 5 division lineal champion and 3x FIGHTER OF THE YEAR then i will concede that pac achievements is overrated.

Comment

Working...
                      X