Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Max Kellerman: Manny Pacquiao has a case for the best pound-for-pound fighter ever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
    Pacquiao definitely has a strong case for the greatest fighter.
    Stronger case than Floyd thats for sure PAC has given so much more than Floyd. People can see that.
    People are coming out of woodwork now and with their heart on sleeve telling world that PAC is the man.

Comment

• Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
      If by some miracle that there is a boxer that become a 6 division champion and fighter of the decade never mind being 5 division lineal champion and 3x FIGHTER OF THE YEAR then i will concede that pac achievements is overrated.
      I honestly don't see it happening any time soon. There are candidates out there like Inoue who could probably go up to featherweight, that would make him 5 divisions. But his power might dilute then. He has the same frame as Manny.

But 50-0 has been broken already by that thai minimum weight champ. That 50-0 record nearly broke by Wilder. Gilberto Ramirez is 10 fights away from being 50-0. Chocolatito almost had it. This all hapanned right after Floyd retired. And his legacy is already on question.

So, you can see being 50-0 is actually way easy than people thought it would be.

Comment

• Originally posted by RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM View Post
        I honestly don't see it happening any time soon. There are candidates out there like Inoue who could probably go up to featherweight, that would make him 5 divisions. But his power might dilute then. He has the same frame as Manny.

But 50-0 has been broken already by that thai minimum weight champ. That 50-0 record nearly broke by Wilder. Gilberto Ramirez is 10 fights away from being 50-0. Chocolatito almost had it. This all hapanned right after Floyd retired. And his legacy is already on question.

So, you can see being 50-0 is actually way easy than people thought it would be.
        Being a 50-0 is not really that hard some boxers from the past like chavez sr has a 87-0 record and now menayothin has 53-0 as long as u cherry pick your opponent and specially if u fight a non-boxer.

Comment

• Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
          Being a 50-0 is not really that hard some boxers from the past like chavez sr has a 87-0 record and now menayothin has 53-0 as long as u cherry pick your opponent and specially if u fight a non-boxer.
          Not to mention Chocolatito was 4 division champ and 46-0 before Rungvisai.

That was right after Floyd retired and someone legit almost beat his record. It was that easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            nobody ignored the largely-unproven mid-level welter, Thurman

he simply isn't that memorable

his best win is scraping past another mid-level guy, Shawn Porter..... and that was 3 years ago

only silly casual-fans think that the number of divisions you represented has anything to do with greatness

FACT: there are fighters greater than Pac, who only ever fought in 1 division

the number of divisions mean nothing

when you have to mention rubbish that is not genuine criteria for greatness..... rather than names, which is the ONLY genuine criteria for greatness..... then you know you lost

1) the divisions you refer to did not even exist back when many great fighters were campaigning..... so, WHO FKN CARES?

2) even if divisions were relevant, and they are not.....not even silly casual-fans think that Pac was ever a JMW, let alone a JMW champ..... Pac never fought and beat the best above 130, so mentioning those divisions is pointless..... and what about at featherweight, FACT: Manny never won a title at featherweight

people LITERALLY just give him a sympathy title at featherweight..... which is INSANE

it is literally insane to award a fighter a title that he did not win..... just because it makes a cool story bro

current era fools go lala over Pac..... future historians will not, they will keep it real..... all of the usual nonsense that happens before/after every Pac fight will not be remembered by historians..... they will look at names, nothing else, because they hype and nonsense will be all gone by then

who did you beat, with consideration given to when/how

that is all that matters

oh, how could I forget..... there is also some (not as much, but some) consideration given to..... LOSSES!!
            "only silly casual-fans think that the number of divisions you represented has anything to do with greatness

FACT: there are fighters greater than Pac, who only ever fought in 1 division"

the number of divisions mean nothing and...

"who did you beat, with consideration given to when/how

that is all that matters"

wow, surely you still do not get what the p4p is all about....that's why you confuse it yourself with the issue of greatness...from the onset i made it clear that i deal with these topics separately...and also i made it clear that for me Ali is the goat....

you belittle the lower weight classes of today..i think you call them rubbish... and you are entitled to your opinion...

the fact that a filipino midget was able to do what others have not duplicated or surpass to date is widely heralded by boxing enthusiasts world wide...

Comment

• Originally posted by tangalog2200 View Post
              "only silly casual-fans think that the number of divisions you represented has anything to do with greatness

FACT: there are fighters greater than Pac, who only ever fought in 1 division"

the number of divisions mean nothing and...

"who did you beat, with consideration given to when/how

that is all that matters"

wow, surely you still do not get what the p4p is all about....that's why you confuse it yourself with the issue of greatness...from the onset i made it clear that i deal with these topics separately...and also i made it clear that for me Ali is the goat....

you belittle the lower weight classes of today..i think you call them rubbish... and you are entitled to your opinion...

the fact that a filipino midget was able to do what others have not duplicated or surpass to date is widely heralded by boxing enthusiasts world wide...

Pac is an excellent P4P fighter

same as MANY other fighters who are also NOT the greatest of all time

you just go, too far

keep it real

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                Pac is an excellent P4P fighter

same as MANY other fighters who are also NOT the greatest of all time

you just go, too far

keep it real
                Name names, please.....who are the other "excellent p4p fighters"

Comment

• If Manny unified the division. I would definitely agree.

Comment

ali robinson armstrong leonard duran greb tunney moore etc etc

just to name a few... and, there are many others in that conversation

oh, nearly forgot..... mayweather

Comment

tangalog, there is a reason why you just asked for names.....

because, names are the only things that matter... right ?

so, give me 3 names on Pac's resume who are better than.....

defusing Pacquiao, at 38yo
                      schooling Canelo, at 36yo
                      schooling Marquez, at 32yo

go..... !!

tell you what, I will give you a chance..... just give me 1 win on Pac's resume that is better than any 1 of those wins on Mayweathers resume..... just one name.....

you are on the ropes now

Comment

Working...
                      X