Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Max Kellerman: Manny Pacquiao has a case for the best pound-for-pound fighter ever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by miron_lang View Post
    That is how you see it and that is cool.

I probably see and rank the achievements of Pacquiao probably because i was there every step of the way.

Here's the reason i rank him above Floyd

Sasakul - The Lineal Champion at 112. The KO was a beauty.

Ledwabba - p4p ranked and the champion 122. The demolition was dramatic with Blood and Lampley.

Barrera - P4p #3 at the time. The beating was shocking...

by this time @ age 23/24.... he is already clearly and universally a 3 division champion. with 2 lineal belts.

then comes Morales and Marquez..

and so on with DLH, Hatton, Cotto, Margarito, Clottey...

I was also there for Floyd.... though i only catch some highlights in the Genaro fight. i witnessed the domination of undefeated Diego Corrales and the controversial JLC fights.

then comes DLH, Hatton, Zab and so on..

I conclude that Pac's resume is greater with or without the addition of the undefeated Thurman.
    --

My take

dude, I gotta give you props for mainly focusing on the names

top man !!!

but yea, what I encourage punters to do is completely eliminate EVERYTHING that did not apply to the great John L Sullivan back in 1900, and your criteria will be spot on

if it did not apply to Sullivan, it is rubbish and not genuine criteria for greatness..... we cannot move the measuring stick, just to benefit popular fighters today

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      we can agree to disagree
      That is excellent. Thanks.

Comment

• Does anyone think a possible Manny vs Spence bout could be for the lineal title, aside from the three belts (WBC, WBA, IBF) they gunna fight over?

Assuming ofcourse Spence wins over Porter.

Comment

• Originally posted by RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM View Post
          Does anyone think a possible Manny vs Spence bout could be for the lineal title, aside from the three belts (WBC, WBA, IBF) they gunna fight over?

Assuming ofcourse Spence wins over Porter.

Fighting Spence is too much i think.

so much younger and bigger.

its 50-50 but too much risk for Pac. in 1 fight that age might suddenly show up. he gassed in the Thurman fight......

--

on Pac's resume.

When Pac was 122 the discussions were with guys like Guzman and Oscar Larios..

Oscar Larios was considered the best 122 with pac and guzman. he's a star.

now this dude won another belt at 126.... after pac beat him.

and he's just a decorative piece in Pac's resume. Not much people even mentions him.

Comment

I don't think he beats any of those guys

Leonard, Hearns, Duran, Benitez

ranking Pac above Leonard/Duran is nothing but ignorant stupidity
            I don't think they can beat pac also, even the 40 year old will be too much for them. we can say whatever we want but we will never know but if they fight now i'm 100000% sure that pac will beat them wirh ease.

Comment

• Robert Garcia agrees with Max Kellerman

Comment

that is EXACTLY what your list is

not one of those " achievements " are a genuine criteria for greatness

you LITERALLY mentioned all of the casual-fan rubbish..... and did not even mention one single name, the only thing that really counts LMAO

keep trying kid
                Hahahha. See even u couldn't believed what pac had achieved, it's UNBELIEVABLE. This achievements can only be seen in fictional movie..

Comment

• It's a legendary career for sure but to put him above like likes of Robinson, Ali, Leonard etc. is going a bit too far. As far as the 2000s go though Floyd is probably his only rival as things stand right now. We can keep arguing about who was better / greater between them two from now until the end of time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
                    It's a legendary career for sure but to put him above like likes of Robinson, Ali, Leonard etc. is going a bit too far. As far as the 2000s go though Floyd is probably his only rival as things stand right now. We can keep arguing about who was better / greater between them two from now until the end of time.

not really

greatness is determined by historians, not fans

and certainly not silly fanboys like PasaWacko

Mayweathers two best wins, will be regarded by historians as a clear level above anyone on Pac's resume

Mayweather next best wins, are also as good as anyone on Pac's resume

plus..... NO losses !!

I don't even think it's close

no real historian ranks Pacquiao higher than Mayweather

Comment

• 50 years from now when everything has died down, fans will base it on achievements not on specifics like "Floyd was more impressive when he beat..." or "Floyd never had a cut his whole career..." or "He's undefeated that's why he's even greater than SRR". They will base it on achievements and Manny wiping out 7 weight divisions definitely gets it.

They will also base it on the impact to society like what The Greatest has done... Anyone here says Floyd beats Manny in that aspect?

Comment

Working...
                      X