Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Whyte Completes VADA Testing Program - But Not Yet In The Clear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those that don't know (and there seems to be a few), a 'B' sample is the other half of any given sample so it is taken at the same time and will normally match the 'A' sample. Hence, the 'B' sample being positive is what would be expected and isn't a different test to prove or disprove doping. The reason the 'B' sample is kept is so it can be analysed if there is a problem with the 'A' sample in the presence of a parties representatives and under stricter protocols than normal. It was a ****up in the procedure for testing the B sample that got Charr off doping with anabolic steroids epitrenbolone and drostanolone which is a joke.

The timing of clear VADA tests appears relevant in this case (as has been hinted at by Hearn) and the only think I can think of is that it means that is shows that a later UKADs 'adverse finding' could only have come from low level contamination (e.g. a supplement) rather than a the****utic dose of steroid because of the ultra trace levels found in the UKAD test. Normally, it is impossible to establish the difference between doping on its way out of the system and low level contamination so you get done. E.g. he had a clear VADA test, a day later tests positive for X amount of drugs by UKAD which are so low that he could not have been doping a second after the early VADA test because he would have more in his system.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
      All I'm saying wait until Whyte gets confirmed guilty. In the meantime you got Fury getting his 2nd title shot at a WBC title since being banned for being a drugs-cheat. The World Lineal Organisation has done nothing to strip him of that Lineal belt...

I got no idea about Miller. Rumour was Fury would fight him altho he will probably go with Trevor Bryan. Fury will risk nothing before the Wilder fight.
      Nobody is ever confirmed though. When Miller came out and admitted I was shocked. Even if it was three straight, I expected a BS excuse. Remember that scene in shawshank redemption? “Everyone in this place is innocent”

Ironic thing...does anyone test these guys when they’re suspended for PED’s? I was expecting Yoka to come back just massive

Comment

• Originally posted by Straightener View Post
        I’m hearing reports that the B sample came back negative ??

Dill needs to sue some clown for this f**kery

lol you heard "reports" that rivas failed. wait for real media, IE us media, to substantiate any of this. nobody will ever fight for a world tite at HW under current ukad and bbboc again. somebody will resign

Comment

• Originally posted by Scary_canary View Post
          Why wouldn’t it be....big quick gains, it would make your supplement look a lot better than a competitors supplement and it has happened before.....
          There was an article the other day where Jeff Novitzky tested supplements and over 20 came back hot....
          Because most of the supplement industry aren't allowed to do that, it is illegal and if every supplement industry had steroids all heavily mixed through it they would get their arses sued off.

I think using supplements as an excuse for popping for steroids is a cheap excuse, like dog ate my homework excuse. These mofos need to start taking more responsibility and people gotta hold them accountable! We're letting these disgusting cheats off far too willingly, ruining the sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
            A tainted supplement is containing an ingredient not on the label , what he was banned for was a product that had a banned substance before they took it out and was in a lot of things 5 years ago they have that under Negligent athlete .

This means he didn't intentionally take a banned substance this was already explained to your thick head and you just can't understand simple things , everything you say is always wrong and you like being ****** that's your thing. Lol
            If you would have noticed the question mark after my first sentence that would have been an indication that you have reading comprehension skills. I was responding to a previous poster who used wording that may have implied that it was intentional. My comment was not referring to the fact that I believe that he ingested the banned substance intentionally.
            Last edited by Alan Smithee; 08-02-2019, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
              I'm no expert either, but I'm reading that it's out of the system in 2-3 days.
              The metabolites, i.e. what the body breaks dianabol down into, remain in urine for ~19 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobra Curry View Post
                The metabolites, i.e. what the body breaks dianabol down into, remain in urine for ~19 days.
                That’s what I read 14 to 28 days

Comment

• Originally posted by Straightener View Post
                  That’s what I read 14 to 28 days
                  Far too big a window to be of any use to a drug tested athlete, which is why I'm choosing to wait and see on this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scary_canary View Post
                    It’s not a tainted supplement because it was on the ingredient list
                    You are correct but it was listed as Dimethylamylamine which is actually the banned substance Methylhexanamine. This was part of Whyte's defense but the National Anti-Doping Panel (NADP) found that Whyte failed to seek professional or medical advice before using the supplement Jack3D. Here is how it is listed with WADA:

-Methylhexan-2-amine (1,2-dimethylpentylamine);
                    4-Methylhexan-2-amine (methylhexaneamine);
                    4-Methylpentan-2-amine (1,3-dimethylbutylamine).

Whyte did not have an argument because the labeled substance is in parentheses.

This multi name argument has been used unsucessfully by athletes claiming that Ma Huang is a harmless herb when in fact it is Ephedra.
                    Last edited by Alan Smithee; 08-02-2019, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PotentialToast View Post
                      For those that don't know (and there seems to be a few), a 'B' sample is the other half of any given sample so it is taken at the same time and will normally match the 'A' sample. Hence, the 'B' sample being positive is what would be expected and isn't a different test to prove or disprove doping. The reason the 'B' sample is kept is so it can be analysed if there is a problem with the 'A' sample in the presence of a parties representatives and under stricter protocols than normal. It was a ****up in the procedure for testing the B sample that got Charr off doping with anabolic steroids epitrenbolone and drostanolone which is a joke.

The timing of clear VADA tests appears relevant in this case (as has been hinted at by Hearn) and the only think I can think of is that it means that is shows that a later UKADs 'adverse finding' could only have come from low level contamination (e.g. a supplement) rather than a the****utic dose of steroid because of the ultra trace levels found in the UKAD test. Normally, it is impossible to establish the difference between doping on its way out of the system and low level contamination so you get done. E.g. he had a clear VADA test, a day later tests positive for X amount of drugs by UKAD which are so low that he could not have been doping a second after the early VADA test because he would have more in his system.

My issue with this situation is when did VADA actually test Whyte? There are conflicting reports. According to the letter from VADA that Dan Rafael from ESPN had access to it only states that Whyte and Rivas were tested on July 17 and 21st with both athletes passing. If Whyte failed a June 17th UKAD test where is the proof of any VADA testing near that time frame. I am not claiming that there wasn't additional testing but where is the info from either VADA or UKAD?

The final pre-fight and post-fight VADA random drug tests for heavyweights Dillian Whyte and Oscar Rivas were negative for any banned substances, according to the letter VADA sent to the fighters and their teams on Thursday, a copy of which was obtained by ESPN. Both fighters had samples collected on July 17 as well July 21, the day after the fight, and they came back negative. Whyte failed a pre-fight test conducted by UKAD, which was also testing both boxers, for the banned steroid dianabol in a sample collected June 17. That result came to light during fight week but, he was still allowed to box in the vacant WBC interim title bout, which he won by unanimous decision. UKAD has yet to explain why he was allowed to fight. The WBC this week withdrew its recognition of Whyte's interim title until it completes its own investigation. VADA had not been made aware of the failed UKAD test nor was Rivas.

Dan Rafael, ESPN Senior Writer
                      1d ago

Comment

Working...
                      X