Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Usyk is Very Eager To Face The Joshua vs. Ruiz Rematch Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Styles make fights in this situation,Usyk would defeat Ruiz rather easily on footwork and Joshua would long jab Usyk and be able to cut the ring off far better . Ruiz is a basic one line come forward fighter who like countering ,he will have trouble getting to Usyk.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      Ruiz is too slow on his feet to get inside on Usyk and I don't think he could KO him even if he did.

Usyk seems to have a great chin. He's taken clean shots from big punching cruiserweights without even blinking!
      breidis rocked him badly. you think usyk will move as well at heavyweight? ruiz will time him coming in. i like them both a lot but i think ruiz wins.
      Last edited by byfbnz; 07-30-2019, 09:47 PM.

Comment

I wonder why he isn't Very Eager To Face Wilder?

Comment

I would think he needs a couple of fight with proper HW before he jumps to that level. Unless there is no reason to risk for low reward, which will leave him with nowhere to go. He cleaned up the cruiserweight and wouldn't want to be a gatekeeper at HW. Too big for LHW and needs to lose weight even for CW. For some reason I see him having more success against Ruiz rather than AJ. Maybe because Ruiz has no height and reach advantages

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERBX View Post
            Because Ruiz has a bigger profile than Wilder. I won't say anything about AJ. Go figure.

Comment

Usyk was an excellent cruiser but has to prove himself at heavyweight before calling out the champions

Comment

Originally posted by byfbnz View Post
                breidis rocked him badly. you think usyk will move as well at heavyweight? ruiz will time him coming in. i like them both a lot but i think ruiz wins.
                Breidis hits hard. He knocked Manuel Charr clean out with one punch at HW.

But he didn't rock Usyk badly. I've watched that fight 3 times, because it was such a great battle. Usyk took some good shots but he was never rocked once, not even slightly.

I like Ruiz too, but Usyk and Fury would both box the socks off him.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  Breidis hits hard. He knocked Manuel Charr clean out with one punch at HW.

But he didn't rock Usyk badly. I've watched that fight 3 times, because it was such a great battle. Usyk took some good shots but he was never rocked once, not even slightly.

I like Ruiz too, but Usyk and Fury would both box the socks off him.
                  He might have mistaken the fight. Pretty sure Usyk got rocked by Gassiev at the end of one of their rounds.

Was one of the only punches Gassiev hit him with haha

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERBX View Post
                    He says he would rather fight Wilder than Fury and AJ.

He probably knows he will never get the chance though.

Comment

Originally posted by takenotes View Post
                      Usyk destroys Ruiz easy. Out points AJ as well.
                      Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
                      Styles make fights in this situation,Usyk would defeat Ruiz rather easily on footwork and Joshua would long jab Usyk and be able to cut the ring off far better . Ruiz is a basic one line come forward fighter who like countering ,he will have trouble getting to Usyk.
                      ... Well, maybe...

... but I don't think that he has a future at the HW... (he's not "huge", he's not holding some "KO punches")...

Comment

Working...
                      X