Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hooker Praises Ref: Two Fighters Died, I Didn't Want To Be Third

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Respect to both champs. This statement by hooker say a lot about Ramirez’s power. The boy can bump.

Comment

I felt tha the referee allowed Hooker to take a few huge unnecessary punches.

Comment

Originally posted by kidaguilar View Post
        I felt tha the referee allowed Hooker to take a few huge unnecessary punches.
        B-level referee was Nelson?

Comment

This Mark Nelson is obviously a c level ref. Misses the first knockdown, then later waited a bit too long to stop the fight. Boxing has some flaws that don't seem to go away, when you'd think time and some smarts would fix its problems.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
            That's very gracious of Hooker. He is a good man and a very good sport. Personally, I would like to see him move up to the 147 lbs division.
            147 is a whole new animal!
            I know he got the skills and range but would the power be a factor? You think he can hang with the elite at 147?

Comment

Originally posted by Catrin View Post
              147 is a whole new animal!
              I know he got the skills and range but would the power be a factor? You think he can hang with the elite at 147?
              Yes, I think he will still have the power because he would be a lot stronger and healthier at 147. He's had problems making 140 for a minute now.

At the moment, he's cutting too much weight just to make the 140 lbs limit; Which is depleting his body and making it a lot weaker than usual.

Also, it played a huge factor in his being stopped last night. He just didn't have enough energy or stamina to hurt Ramirez and keep him off of him.

Personally, I think he has outgrown the division. He turns 30 next week and is 6 feet tall. That's very tall for a Junior weltwerweight.

Comment

He got doinked with about 8 clean shots in succession. It was a good stoppage and it's nice to hear Hooker's dignified comments.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                  Yes, I think he will still have the power because he would be a lot stronger and healthier at 147. He's had problems making 140 for a minute now.

At the moment, he's cutting too much weight just to make the 140 lbs limit; Which is depleting his body and making it a lot weaker than usual.

Also, it played a huge factor in his being stopped last night. He just didn't have enough energy or stamina to hurt Ramirez and keep him off of him.

Personally, I think he has outgrown the division. He turns 30 next week and is 6 feet tall. That's very tall for a Junior weltwerweight.
                  Right on point señor!
                  than i am hoping last night was the last 140 he does... no point on putting his body thru all that if he has outgrown the division. Algieri would be a good 147 test.

Comment

Both guys are very classy champions. Great fight from both guys. Definitely a fan of both I hope Maurice gets himself another title.

Comment

It was an incredibly entertaining firefight. One of my favorites this year. Hooker can crack and is willing to trade to his detriment sometimes. I felt he definitely buzzed Ramirez with a few shots, heading into the 6th I wasn't sure if Ramirez would wear him out or if Hooker would connect and end it suddenly. What I didn't expect was Ramirez catching him clean and stopping it in sudden fashion like that.

I think Hooker can do well at 147, he has the frame and my guess his punch resistance would get better and his power would carry. Problem is that there are some big guys at welterweight.

Ramirez looked more focused and polished than I'd seen him in previous fights. I didn't think he'd fare well against Prograis or Taylor but last night's performance is giving me second thoughts. Great fight between two classy warriors.

Comment

Working...
                      X