Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Manny beats the No.1 WW and.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You wanna know how I know that you're trolling...You're making out Adrien Broner to be a credible opponent...

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      Thurman was never the ring champ

The last ring champ was floyd

Thurman was never ring lineal or any other lineal at 147

He wasn't ranked #1 when pac fought him either

So your entire opinion is based on an incorrect assumption
      No, but he was the #1 WW and it was all but undisputed at the time when he beat Porter and Garcia. Spence had not even won a world title yet and Crawford had not had a WW fight yet.

It just doesn't work that way.

Next.

Comment

Originally posted by DumpkinsPlus5 View Post
        You wanna know how I know that you're trolling...You're making out Adrien Broner to be a credible opponent...
        He looked pretty credible against Pacman and Vargas inspite of his major shortcomings.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          Thurman is not the best. He struggled with Lopez who Crawford or Spence would quickly and easily KO. Brook beat Porter in the states. Brook was still a good welterweight when Spence KOed him. Mikey was a top pfp guy and a 140 pound champion who easily beat top 10 welterweight Broner. Crawford beat Horn much easier than Pacquiao beat Horn. Spence is the best welterweight. Crawford is the 2nd best, Manny is the 3rd best and Thurman is the 4th best.
          Spence beat a badly deteriorated Brook and that was after Thurman was well established as the #1 WW.

Next.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
            LM was losing that title fight to a complete nobody before landing one miracle shot. He won that WBA title after fighting ONE welterweight. Two fights before he won the title, he was knocked out by Victor Postal, who’s now a gatekeeper at 140.

Matthysse was shot.

Broner is 1-2-1 since 2017. He should be 0-4 because everyone thought he lost to Granados and Vargas. Even if you think he deserved the split decision over Granados, that’s a guy who was 18-4-2 at the time.

Broner sucks.

Thurman was out for two years and nearly got KTFO by Josesito Lopez.

Thurman is shot.
            You fail. Go back to debate class. I won't elaborate any more.

Comment

You’re pretending Matthyssee is a credible welterweight when he isn’t, that Broner is the Broner before his first loss and that Thurman didn’t take two years off and nearly get knocked out by a nobody.

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
              You fail. Go back to debate class. I won't elaborate any more.

Comment

Originally posted by DumpkinsPlus5 View Post
                Someone already spoke about this but you know damn well that Broner is a more credible opponent than a lot of Spence's and Crawford's WW opponents. Manny also beat him worse than anyone had before.

Comment

.....He is ranked 3rd by The Ring mag! lol

How is it that he beats a better, higher ranked fighter than either Crawford or Spence ever have at WW but they are ranked ahead of him? I don't think so.

Let's examine Spence's best 3 WW wins.....

1) Brook, who was shot after the GGG fight and did little before that really.
                  2) Garcia, who had never even fought WW and was a dwarf compared to Spence.
                  3) Lamont Peterson.....do I even need to mention him?

Mediocre at best.

Ok, now Crawford's....

1) Horn, who Manny already beat.
                  2) Khan, who is old news trash, easy to hit with a China chin.
                  3) Benavidez......who? Has zero good wins.

So he's done very, very little at WW.

Now, let's examine Manny's last 3....

1) Thurman.....No.1 WW, the rest is self explanatory.
                  2) Broner, who on any given day can be a WW titlist and had drew with Jessie Vargas in his previous fight.
                  3) Mattysse ...world champ with an obvious reputation.

Now, who really deserves to be the #1 WW?

It's Manny and there's no denying that in my mind.
                  If you have another opinion on it, let's discuss civilly. Thanks.
                  Lots of spin here. It's laughable that you're saying Danny and Crawford haven't accomplished anything in the WW division, but somehow you're holding up Mattysse and Broner as exemplars at 147?? Neither of those guys traveled to England to KO Brook, or totally destroyed the same Horn that pushed Pacquaio all over the ring.

Pac's win over Thurman was fabulous at his age, but it wasn't against the Thurmanator of old, whose last knockout happened when Michael Jackson was still poking little boys, or when Jimmy Carter was president. And heading into the Pacquaio fight, Keef "One Time" Thurman averaged just one fight per year for four straight years. That's hardly the boogieman of the division. More like a guy who got comfy in his silk pajamas, got married, got injured -- and didn't come back as the same dude.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
                    You’re pretending Matthyssee is a credible welterweight when he isn’t, that Broner is the Broner before his first loss and that Thurman didn’t take two years off and nearly get knocked out by a nobody.
                    I said I won't elaborate but how are you going to tell me that a WW champion isn't a credible opponent? That's a total fail coming from a haters POV.

Like I said, this isn't debate class where you debate just for the sake of doing it.
                    Last edited by Boxing Goat; 07-26-2019, 01:11 PM.

Comment

So Thurman is his one credible opponent since he lost to Horn.

Why are you outraged by him being ranked third again?

I said I won't elaborate but how are young to tell me that a WW champion isn't a credible opponent? That's a total fail coming from a haters POV.

Like I said, this isn't debate class where you debate just for the sake of doing it.

Comment

Working...
                      X