No announcement yet.

Pac Looked Good the First 5 Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gary Coleman View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one who actually watched the fight and didn't get caught up in the moment.

Thurman hurt Pacquiao several times throughout the fight. Keith landed a vicious body shot that stopped Manny in his tracks not long after Pac hurt him to the body in the 11th. It went unnoticed because Thurman was in survival mode.

Great performance by Pac, turning back the clock, but he took a beating in the process. He's 40. That's a dangerous game to play.
    In some rounds Pac was target practice, fortunately for him Thurman didn't have enough in the tank to follow up effectively but both fighters at different points were there to be taken. In some rounds it looked like whoever got hit clean first would go down.
    Last edited by Code Red; 07-22-2019, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSuperLeeds View Post
      U on a crusade to discredit pacman? Vargas was coming off of winning a vacant title against quality undefeated prospect
      I said loss their previous "big" fight as in relevance

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
        He should retire.
        This 👍

Comment

Pac looked ten years younger in the first half of that Thurman fight. He looked the same way he did against Joshua Clottey and Antonio Margarito back in 2010.

He was well on a pace of throwing nearly 1500 punches for the fight, then all of a sudden, his age begin to kick in. He started to tire and fatigue.

Additionally, he started eating a lot of head shots. I even thought Keith hurt and rocked Manny on a few occasions too but his timing and conditioning was about a split second off to follow through with anything.

I know hindsight is 20/20 but who knows how this fight would have turned out if "One time" had better timing and conditioning for this fight. His inactivity; Fighting only once in two years obviously effected his performance.

Overall, I thought Keith Thurman performed courageously but with better timing and conditioning he would have done more.

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
            Manny has a history of fighting the guy who loss their previous big fight.

1. Cotto loss to Margarito
            2. Morales loss to Raheem
            3. Oscar loss to Floyd
            4. Hatton loss to Floyd
            5. Mosley loss to Floyd
            6. Broner loss to everybody
            7. Clottey loss to Cotto
            8. Marquez loss to Floyd
            9. Vargas loss to Bradley
            10. Matthyse loss to Postol
            11. Rios loss to Alvarado
            i heard Cotto had just beat Clottey. Vargas ko’d Ali got belt. Hatton beat Paulie. Smh

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
              In some rounds Pac was target practice, fortunately for him Thurman didn't have enough in the tank to follow up effectively but both fighters at different points were both there to be taken. In some rounds it looked like whoever got hit clean first would go down.
              pac was never hurt by Thurman shots. Thurman was too gun shy to sit down on his punches.

Comment

I thought Thurman owned that second half with his movement and countering. Manny was lucky to get that body shot late on cos that time Thurman was hurt gave him the round and the fight ultimately. Although that KD was the only separating factor for me really.

Comment

Massive respect for Pacquiao, it was a great win against a real good young fighter, but as expected he tired in the second half of the fight, dropped rounds and was hit more often.

Manny is 40 years old and a small WW. Spence is a fighter in his prime who is a real big WW. I don't think it's a fight he should be taking at the back end of his career.

Danny/Mikey Garcia would be good/risky fights for him if he still wants to fight at a high level. I even thought the talk of Khan in Saudi Arabia was good for him if the pay was good.

I imagine Haymon/PBC want him to pass the torch over to Spence though. Especially since we never look like getting Spence/Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                    pac was never hurt by Thurman shots. Thurman was too gun shy to sit down on his punches.
                    I disagree with that, he was definitely hurt and buzzed by Thurman's shots, many of them were solid and not glancing blows.

Comment

manny was actually motivated for Thurman and trained harder to face a better opponent

He looked better here than the Broner fight

Especially in the 2nd half manny didn't fade as bad this time around

Comment

Working...
                      X