No announcement yet.

Pac Looked Good the First 5 Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pac Looked Good the First 5 Rounds

It was a great first half by Pac but by the sixth round he was eating just as much punishment as he was dishing. He was also extremely easy to hit clean as the fight progressed. I think Pac had a big lead but Thurman start chipping away as Pac tired.

In the final rounds Pac was able to launch some effective flurries but nothing close to sustaining an effective attack an entire round. I think if a sharper fighter such as Spence landed those same punches Pac may go to sleep.

I'm saying all that to say this.. Pac should consider this a good victory to retire, he beat a young undefeated fighter....I don't think Thurman has proven much in boxing lately but he's still a big name to have on the resume. Maybe Pac fights Danny or Mikey and call it a day but Thurman in my opinion should suffice. Go ahead and hang up the gloves and also quit the Senate while you at, let somebody more qualified, dedicated, availabile, and capable occupy that seat!
    Last edited by Code Red; 07-22-2019, 10:50 AM.

I still think he could beat Porter and Danny Garcia

Comment

Originally posted by bigtyivier2k2 View Post
      I still think he could beat Porter and Danny Garcia
      Porter would bull rush, smother, foul, and annoy Pacquiao. Pac don't do well with dirty inside fighters..

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
        It was a great first half by Pac but by the sixth round he was eating just as much punishment as he was dishing. He was also extremely easy to hit clean as the fight progressed. I think Pac had a big lead but Thurman start chipping away at it as Pac tired.

In the final rounds Pac was able to launch some effective flurries but nothing close to sustaining an effective attack an entire round. I think if a sharper fighter such as Spence landed those same punches Pac may go to sleep.

I'm saying all that to say this.. Pac should consider this a good victory to retire, he beat a young undefeated fighter....I don't think Thurman has proven much in boxing lately but he's still a big name to have on the resume. Maybe Pac fights Danny or Mikey and call it a day but Thurman in my opinion should suffice. Go ahead and hang up the gloves and also quit the Senate while you at, let somebody more qualified, dedicated, availabile, and capable occupy that seat!
        I think he has to fight the Spence/Porter winner to unify. After beating Thurman, there is no sense fighting a dude Thurman beat or a dude Spence won every round against.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          I think he has to fight the Spence/Porter winner to unify. After beating Thurman, there is no sense fighting a dude Thurman beat or a dude Spence won every round against.
          Manny has a history of fighting the guy who loss their previous big fight.

1. Cotto loss to Margarito
          2. Morales loss to Raheem
          3. Oscar loss to Floyd
          4. Hatton loss to Floyd
          5. Mosley loss to Floyd
          6. Broner loss to everybody
          7. Clottey loss to Cotto
          8. Marquez loss to Floyd
          9. Vargas loss to Bradley
          10. Matthyse loss to Postol
          11. Rios loss to Alvarado
          Last edited by Code Red; 07-22-2019, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one who actually watched the fight and didn't get caught up in the moment.

Thurman hurt Pacquiao several times throughout the fight. Keith landed a vicious body shot that stopped Manny in his tracks not long after Pac hurt him to the body in the 11th. It went unnoticed because Thurman was in survival mode.

Great performance by Pac, turning back the clock, but he took a beating in the process. He's 40. That's a dangerous game to play.
            Last edited by Gary Coleman; 07-22-2019, 10:50 AM.

Comment

3. Oscar loss to Floyd
              4. Hatton loss to Floyd
              5. Mosley loss to Floyd
              7. Clottey loss to Cotto
              8. Marquez loss to Floyd
              Yes but that was when Bob was his promoter and building him toward a Floyd fight. At this stage Manny is fighting the fights where he can earn the most money.

After the fight he said he'd be back next year. IMO he waits to see who wins the Spence/Porter fight. If it's Porter, then he likely fights someone else (if you heard Roach post fight say "Manny's former sparring partners can wait in line"). If it's Spence then they fight in a PPV (once they see how this fight sold and the numbers from Spence/Porter).

Comment

3. Oscar loss to Floyd
                4. Hatton loss to Floyd
                5. Mosley loss to Floyd
                7. Clottey loss to Cotto
                8. Marquez loss to Floyd

U on a crusade to discredit pacman? Vargas was coming off of winning a vacant title against quality undefeated prospect

Comment

Porter would bull rush, smother, foul, and annoy Pacquiao. Pac don't do well with dirty inside fighters..
                  As long as Porter doesn't try to repeat the Ugas performance like a dumbass, I wholeheartedly agree with you.

Comment

He should retire.

Comment

Working...
                    X