Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman Felt He Needed Knockdown To Win After Taking Body Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
    Lets say Spence and Crawford hit harder than Collazo or Pacquiao. Collazo gave keith some trouble. Pacquiao beat him by bodyshots. I think spence and Crawford stop him if they land some huge bodyshots.
    Agreed. I think the main difference is if Spence has Keith hurt like Manny did he won’t let him off the hook. Manny didn’t have enough gas to finish him after that body shot.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
      Lets say Spence and Crawford hit harder than Collazo or Pacquiao. Collazo gave keith some trouble. Pacquiao beat him by bodyshots. I think spence and Crawford stop him if they land some huge bodyshots.
      I agree, both stop him. Keith is a very talented fighter, but with injuries and lack of focus he's reach his ceiling.

Comment

at least thurman is keeping it real and knows that he was behind on the card.

Comment

Props to Thurman.

The problem for him was he had a non existent jab, even when he occasionally? used it, it had nothing on it...as for Crawford and Spence...

Comment

I was always a big Thurman guy and I was glad that I was able to attend the Lopez fight and see him fight in person. Sadly the layoffs have negatively impacted his career. Props to Manny. He fought a great fight and beat a guy ten years younger. Thurman is in a tough position right now. A rematch with Pacquiao or Danny G, would be his best options. Highly doubt that Manny will fight him again. Spence and Crawford will probably crush Thurman at this point!

Comment

Thurman's in a tough spot right now. He isn't gonna get paid what he'll think he's worth to fight non ranking fighters; he won't get a rematch with Pacquiao; forget Crawford, he's on the wrong side of the street.
              So where does he go?
              The winner of Spence-Porter is probably gonna want Pacquiao. Danny Garcia probably wants Pacquiao.

Comment

That single body shot won Manny the fight.

Man...Keith was game all night and closing in on the scorecards..it was nervewracking...

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
                  Thurman's in a tough spot right now. He isn't gonna get paid what he'll think he's worth to fight non ranking fighters; he won't get a rematch with Pacquiao; forget Crawford, he's on the wrong side of the street.
                  So where does he go?
                  The winner of Spence-Porter is probably gonna want Pacquiao. Danny Garcia probably wants Pacquiao.
                  This right here. Without a belt Thurman is a non entity. He got paid a ton for this fight; supposedly he is a Buddist or Hindi so money should not matter to him.

However, his wife looks high maintainence to me, so he needs to keep fighting.

Comment

Why does Keef always seem visibly hurt by bodyshots? Out of all the top tier boxers he is the only one that doesn’t have a poker face when hit to the body, last night he visibly removed his gumshield (Great tactics), and backed off for a while, against Porter the same thing, even against Lopez he was hurt to the body and the whole world could tell (Apart from the blind commentary team last night)... So why can’t he hide it like the others do?

Comment

I doubt anyone could stop Keith!

That man has heart and will of a champion!

Took a devasting body shot, spit out his mouthpiece to breathe, and put it back in, whilst avoiding an onslaught from Manny without getting dropped.

If he gets dropped, he stands up like a champ and try to win. Amazing!

Comment

Working...
                      X