Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ellerbe: Pacquiao-Thurman Will End In KO; Could Be Hagler-Hearns

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No where near Hagler/Hearns

Pac is past his prime and Thurman is an inactive fighter.

They are reaching heavily.

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
      Thank you. Hagler v Hearns was a slop fest more than a slug fest. Hagler was never hurt anywhere near what the commentator screamed.
      Hearns was Bambi at the end sequence. The rest isn't worth a response.

Anyway, sell the fight Leonard.
      Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 07-21-2019, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Thurman will stay aggressive until (or if) he gets caught with a few power punches and then he will back off like he always does. The thing is with Thurman is sometimes when he gets in trouble he likes to trade without protecting himself. Which could get him in trouble. But all in all Thurman should win if he actually uses his size advantage over Pacquiao. He's young so he should use the right amount of pressure throughout the fight to wear Pac down without being reckless.

As for Pac his experience can win him this fight and he's been in plenty of big fights to know what he needs to do to win.

I hate to say Thurman will win and won't fight Spence without making demands.

Comment

They need to stop it with the Hagler and Hearns references. Use another analogy please SMH

Comment

Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
            Thurman will stay aggressive until (or if) he gets caught with a few power punches and then he will back off like he always does. The thing is with Thurman is sometimes when he gets in trouble he likes to trade without protecting himself. Which could get him in trouble. But all in all Thurman should win if he actually uses his size advantage over Pacquiao. He's young so he should use the right amount of pressure throughout the fight to wear Pac down without being reckless.

As for Pac his experience can win him this fight and he's been in plenty of big fights to know what he needs to do to win.

I hate to say Thurman will win and won't fight Spence without making demands.
            I can’t see Thurman winning a decision but we shall see. Pacquiao is a very active fighter. Thurman is not a defensive wizard.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              I feel like it won't end in ko and won't be nearly as dramatic as everyone is hoping. That's kinda how most of their fights have been in recent years.
              Exactly. I hope not, but my idea is that of a semi-stinker after all this talk.

I'm almost thinking to put some money on a draw, to be honest.

Comment

This fight looks like a decision to either fighter. It will be very surprising to see a ko or a tko.

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
                  Thank you. Hagler v Hearns was a slop fest more than a slug fest. Hagler was never hurt anywhere near what the commentator screamed. It was unique due to the wildness of two top guys, just kinda deteriorated. For all the mythical matchups Hearns is supposed to win with his range, speed, and power, he sure didn’t win that one. I remember him running backwards mostly. GGG v Canelo was alluded to be the same. It was always going to be fight if the millennium part two though. Im expecting a snore fest so I can be pleasantly surprised by anything more.
                  Agree about Hagler - Hearns. When I first heard about that fight, it was pre youtube, so it was a few years before I actually saw it.
                  When I finally did, after analyzing it properly, Hagler just pretty much bullied Hearns.
                  Hearns fans are like Tyson's - they won't hear anything against their hero. Hagler was the one who made that fight though - he was the one that instigated the exchanges.
                  Hearns was just fighting back trying to survive. Hagler decided that Hearns was vulnerable, but dangerous, so he just wanted to get him out of there early, knowing that he himself could rely on a solid chin. It was exactly what he planned.

Comment

I have a gut feeling that this fight will end in robbery!

Comment

There can be only one Hagler and Hearns...

Comment

Working...
                      X